Hacking 3ds not booting without Micro SD

ArilsZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My brother bought a used 3ds a few weeks ago and he cant boot the 3ds without microsd.
I found this strange because on my 3ds i can boot fine without it.
i asked him to send a screenshot of the files, and theres both a9lh and b9s files on it.
the old owner probably installed b9s and forgot to remove the old files and know my brother is stuck with a emunand.
if i follow the a9lh to b9s guide fron the beginning, are i going to have any problem?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Boot to luma config and tell us the version you got.
If 7.0.4 and lower, upgrade to b9s.
If 7.0.5 - 7.1.0 (I think), update b9s.
Once you get luma 9.1 booting, move it to ctrnand (section VI).
Then your 3ds can boot without sd and you will have the latest luma.
Also, ditch EmuNAND, as it is really no longer useful.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

ArilsZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok i tried moving emunand to sysnand but theres no emunand virtual on the godmode menu.
at this point i dont know if the 3ds has a emunand or just a unfinished b9s setup.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i tried moving emunand to sysnand but theres no emunand virtual on the godmode menu.
at this point i dont know if the 3ds has a emunand or just a unfinished b9s setup.

You'll know if your SD card has EmuNAND if these drives appear. If you do not see these, it doesn't have one.

EmuNAND.png

alivebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My brother bought a used 3ds a few weeks ago and he cant boot the 3ds without microsd.
I found this strange because on my 3ds i can boot fine without it.
i asked him to send a screenshot of the files, and theres both a9lh and b9s files on it.
the old owner probably installed b9s and forgot to remove the old files and know my brother is stuck with a emunand.
if i follow the a9lh to b9s guide fron the beginning, are i going to have any problem?
I had the same issue and sorted it by copying the boot.firm to the root of the SYSNAND in FBI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course