• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

love-gbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. I've just read a bit of the guide and it shows pictures of different 3ds consoles....If you look at the link below, which one is this guy selling? old xl or new xl?

h t t p s : / / w w w . gumtree . com/p/nintendo-3ds/nintendo-3ds-xl-boxed-with-charger-2-games-/1266778480

What is the actual difference between the old and new?

Last edited by love-gbatemp,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks. I've just read a bit of the guide and it shows pictures of different 3ds consoles....If you look at the link below, which one is this guy selling? old xl or new xl?

h t t p s : / / w w w . gumtree . com/p/nintendo-3ds/nintendo-3ds-xl-boxed-with-charger-2-games-/1266778480

What is the actual difference between the old and new?
Have a look: https://goo.gl/zQAKeJ

love-gbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks jason. It seems the only difference between the 2 models is the locations of a few buttons and cartridge slots have been moved...the vast majority is still the same. :huh:

love-gbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But the new 3ds xl price is a lot more too. Although running snes emulator better is interesting to know. It's for an 8yr old, so I doubt it she'll be interested in streaming it, nor will I.

By the way, he's told me the fw version is 11.0.0-33E???

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
But the new 3ds xl price is a lot more too. Although running snes emulator better is interesting to know. It's for an 8yr old, so I doubt it she'll be interested in streaming it, nor will I.

By the way, he's told me the fw version is 11.0.0-33E???
if it's 11.0 that means you can hack it for free, no need to buy anything else

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you jason!

But you have now got me thinking about the new 3ds xl :wacko::rofl:

Have a look at this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ninte...sh=item3d49ec619f:g:U98AAOSwSq9ZonbK#viTabs_0

The price difference between the old and new is only £20....is it worth going for the new one instead and is the FW version okay?
Buy whatever you want to play - the differences are: 1. Addition of nub, but it only works for a few games. 2. Two N3DS exclusive games (Xenoblade and Minecraft) and 3. Ability to play SNES VC.
If it were me, buying for a kid, I would get them a 2DS. Young children shouldn't be viewing 3D anyway and the hinged models will break easily if sat on while open, or dropped from a small height. Plus, you can get a 2DS for about $50 vs $150 for a N3DSXL. And plus again, brand new 2DS consoles will be guaranteed hackable for free, whereas brand new N3DS have a tiny chance of being on 11.4 or higher.

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am wanting to play 3DS games as well, not just DS.

Have a stock 3DS, have not used/updated it in years. What is the best flashcard to buy?
I don't care about the price rather I care about the best quality, support and compatibility.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I am wanting to play 3DS games as well, not just DS.

Have a stock 3DS, have not used/updated it in years. What is the best flashcard to buy?
I don't care about the price rather I care about the best quality, support and compatibility.
You won't need a flashcart to install CFW on your 3DS to play 3DS games, if it is on 11.3 or less. See https://3ds.guide

love-gbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks quantumcat. Boy this is like a minefield because I didn't realise that a 2ds is easier to chip compared to a 3ds.

If I went for a used 2ds, which is the version that would:-

• Allow her to play the latest games such as minecraft?
  • Have a large screen?
  • Handle snes emulator?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks quantumcat. Boy this is like a minefield because I didn't realise that a 2ds is easier to chip compared to a 3ds.

• Have a large screen?
  • Handle snes emulator?
A 2DS wouldn't be able to play Minecraft (you can get a New 2DS XL, which will play Minecraft, but you'll need a flashcart to hack it as it is guaranteed on 11.4 or higher).

For the large screen, anything with XL on it (3DS XL, New 3DS XL, New 2DS XL)

For SNES, something with New in the title (New 3DS, New 3DS XL, New 2DS XL).

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

• Have a large screen?
  • Handle snes emulator?

The 2DS isn't easier, in fact if you went with a 2DS XL it will be harder to find any on or below 11.3 with them being a newer device.

If you want Minecraft, large screens and the 3D feature then you need a New' 3DS XL on or below 11.3, I can see one on ebay on 11.2 for £115

Last edited by trakker1,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Djokerman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm a total noob at flashing and failed so far. I've bought exactly this flashcard:

NTRBOOT Ready Flashcard R4i Gold 3DS (RTS)

As mentioned on 3ds.guide it should work on my N3DS XL with firmware 11.5. I've put the kernel and ntrboot file on the SD card but it doesnt read it when I power on my 3DS. It just gives me blank as if I haven't inserted anything. What am I doing wrong?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

I'm a total noob at flashing and failed so far. I've bought exactly this flashcard:

NTRBOOT Ready Flashcard R4i Gold 3DS (RTS)

As mentioned on 3ds.guide it should work on my N3DS XL with firmware 11.5. I've put the kernel and ntrboot file on the SD card but it doesnt read it when I power on my 3DS. It just gives me blank as if I haven't inserted anything. What am I doing wrong?
While ntrboot is flashed it can't be used as a normal flashcart. Just follow the guide for after it is flashed, you shouldn't be using as SD card in the flashcart at all. https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

Retrogamer81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone IVw got a 2dsxl and an r4i-3ds gold and have downloaded the kernels v1.73b from r4i-gold.eu which I’ve added all files to my sd card plus a few games roms. The flashcard loads but when I go to games there’s none there. Can u tell me what I’ve done wrong please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz