• Likes 43

applZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone !

Got a freshly CFW'd with b9strap o3DS that have been working like a charm.

Unfortunately, I was playing a zelda game that i got out of the (fre)eshop when received an error that made the system reboot.

Since then, my 3ds can't read my sd card at all.
The sd itself is fine as it loads up correctly in my computer.

Any clue how that happened and how I can fix it ?

thank you dearly

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A strange thing is happening to me.
Trying to open the eShop, it say an update is available (I'm on B9S Sysnand 11.5, and I didn't downgrade any title).
Then I tried to update in System Settings, when it begin to download, I have Update failed, console will restart.

Any idea on wtf is happening here?

Edit : I restored a nand backup, now it's ok.

Last edited by Asia81,

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Haven't touched my n3ds for awhile after I installed Luma3ds and have a few simple questions:

1)The letter "E" at the end of the version in the settings indicates EmuNAND right? And "U" is for SysNAND?

2) I have 6.x.x Luma (I guess it's called "legacy" now) and I can't update it automatically to the newest one (8.1.1?). I have found the guide here https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s but honestly don't even know if I need it in the first place. What are the differences? Should I even bother with b9s if everything works fine for me right now?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ReDEyeDz,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone !

Got a freshly CFW'd with b9strap o3DS that have been working like a charm.

Unfortunately, I was playing a zelda game that i got out of the (fre)eshop when received an error that made the system reboot.

Since then, my 3ds can't read my sd card at all.
The sd itself is fine as it loads up correctly in my computer.

Any clue how that happened and how I can fix it ?

thank you dearly
Copy all the files off, format it, and put them back on. If it still won't work, buy a new SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Haven't touched my n3ds for awhile after I installed Luma3ds and have a few simple questions:

1)The letter "E" at the end of the version in the settings indicates EmuNAND right? And "U" is for SysNAND?

2) I have 6.x.x Luma (I guess it's called "legacy" now) and I can't update it automatically to the newest one (8.1.1?). I have found the guide here https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s but honestly don't even know if I need it in the first place. What are the differences? Should I even bother with b9s if everything works fine for me right now?

Thanks in advance
1. No, "E" means the console is from the Eur region and "U" means it is from the US region.
2. You don't have to update now, but when a new firmware comes out that requires a new Luma version, you won't be able to use it. If you update before getting B9S and updated Luma you could suffer ill effects - maybe as benign as a black screen, maybe as bad as B9S being removed (unlikely but who knows). And no, you don't have a legacy version. Legacy in a Luma version that works on B9S 1.2 but has features from Luma 8.0+ removed.

Reactions: applZ

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1. No, "E" means the console is from the Eur region and "U" means it is from the US region.
2. You don't have to update now, but when a new firmware comes out that requires a new Luma version, you won't be able to use it. If you update before getting B9S and updated Luma you could suffer ill effects - maybe as benign as a black screen, maybe as bad as B9S being removed (unlikely but who knows). And no, you don't have a legacy version. Legacy in a Luma version that works on B9S 1.2 but has features from Luma 8.0+ removed.

1. What's the way to figure out the nand on a9lh? I mean besides checking if FBI working or not. Currently it says Sys 11.2.0-35E
2. By update you mean Nintendo update, right? I honestly doubt if there will be a game in the future that would require an update that would break everything, but who knows...
So currently there is no actual reason to update from a9lh to something new?
3. People are saying that there are bans right now. I did everything it said (spotpass, friendlist) to prevent it. Should I worry about it? Aren't a9lh already being booted before everything? Sorry if the questions sounds stupid.

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. What's the way to figure out the nand on a9lh? I mean besides checking if FBI working or not. Currently it says Sys 11.2.0-35E
2. By update you mean Nintendo update, right? I honestly doubt if there will be a game in the future that would require an update that would break everything, but who knows...
3. People are saying that there are bans right now. I did everything it said (spotpass, friendlist) to prevent it. Should I worry about it? Aren't a9lh already being booted before everything? Sorry if the questions sounds stupid.
b9s is booted before a9lh, and is less likely to brick your console than a9lh.

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
b9s is booted before a9lh, and is less likely to brick your console than a9lh.
Please elaborate what exactly you mean by "less likely to brick your console". You mean nintendo update that actually bricks the console? Can't you just restore from the backup? What if I just don't update at all?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
1. Sys means sysNAND and Emu means emuNAND.
2. Yes
3. If you get your online services revoked, there's nothing A9LH can do to prevent it (it's server-side). However you can inject a donor friend seed code.

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1. Sys means sysNAND and Emu means emuNAND.
2. Yes
3. If you get your online services revoked, there's nothing A9LH can do to prevent it (it's server-side). However you can inject a donor friend seed code.

1. I'm confused at how it is working then. Already forgot everything from a year ago. If my current version says Sys then shouldn't it be the original one? Then why FBI works on it?
3. Just online services? Then its fine, I don't really care about them. I thought they could brick the console just from that.

I really appreciate your answers

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
1. I'm confused at how it is working then. Already forgot everything from a year ago. If my current version says Sys then shouldn't it be the original one? Then why FBI works on it?
3. Just online services? Then its fine, I don't really care about them. I thought they could brick the console just from that.

I really appreciate your answers
1. I don't understand your question. Nobody uses emuNAND anymore by the way (except if you want to have a different region on the same console or for quick experimentation purposes)

The_Meats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this was asked already and I'm new here, tried searching ans couldn't find it.

I have a o3dsXL running Homebrew, 11.5, from RPGhax. No further custom firmware.

I have a second o3dsXL, 11.5, no homebrew or custom firmware. Stock as it were.

Can I manually copy and paste the game file that has the homebrew program on it to the system files of the other 3ds? I think I located where the game saves, I'm not sure. If someone knows for sure that would be great. My end goal is to have the RPGhax game file show up on the second 3dsXL RPG Maker Player game list to launch homebrew. Any help or alternative methods to make this work? My wife would love to start editing her Animal Crossing towns.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I apologize if this was asked already and I'm new here, tried searching ans couldn't find it.

I have a o3dsXL running Homebrew, 11.5, from RPGhax. No further custom firmware.

I have a second o3dsXL, 11.5, no homebrew or custom firmware. Stock as it were.

Can I manually copy and paste the game file that has the homebrew program on it to the system files of the other 3ds? I think I located where the game saves, I'm not sure. If someone knows for sure that would be great. My end goal is to have the RPGhax game file show up on the second 3dsXL RPG Maker Player game list to launch homebrew. Any help or alternative methods to make this work? My wife would love to start editing her Animal Crossing towns.
That won't work I'm afraid. Save files are encrypted per console. However, if you have a copy of Ocarina of Time or Sticker Star (or others, see https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives) ) you can probably install the hack on it and use it in the stock console. I'm not sure if the installers work on 11.5 but worth trying if you already have one of the games.

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
I've gone full ret@rd again and forgot which R4 card to get for a 3DS "to play DS games" "also maybe to play on a DS aswell" ... can anyone tell me what to get? i need to get like 3-4 of them so I can't waste money on trying different cards

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've gone full ret@rd again and forgot which R4 card to get for a 3DS "to play DS games" "also maybe to play on a DS aswell" ... can anyone tell me what to get? i need to get like 3-4 of them so I can't waste money on trying different cards
This is the most recommended right now and it's also ntrboot compatible: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: