• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Tin2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can just install the games again. When you made the NAND backup you should have copied it to a safe place. If you left it on your SD card it might be in gmout (I think).
I just installed the games again, but for future reference how would I load the the NAND backup?

Also can anyone explain to me why freeshop keeps crashing every now and then? Something about unexpected arms dump? It's happened several times and then I forget which games I'm currently downloading. Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just installed the games again, but for future reference how would I load the the NAND backup?

Also can anyone explain to me why freeshop keeps crashing every now and then? Something about unexpected arms dump? It's happened several times and then I forget which games I'm currently downloading. Thanks!
Use GodMode9 https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage to restore a backup.
If you get an arm11 crash please update to Luma 8.1.1 (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases) and also try the legacy build (https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/). And also report the issue on Luma's issue tracker including the crash dump and whether legacy worked https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues

LanzBulldog

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there people, I just bought a 2ds with CFW, so I wanted to ask a few things. How do I check my arm9 and luma version? Is it safe to play online at any of the current versions? Can I update my 2ds after I update my CFW?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there people, I just bought a 2ds with CFW, so I wanted to ask a few things. How do I check my arm9 and luma version? Is it safe to play online at any of the current versions? Can I update my 2ds after I update my CFW?
Hold Select on boot and see what version Luma it says you have. And yes.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try Luma 8.1.1 (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases) and the legacy version (https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/) and see if either works. Also please report the error including the crash dump to Luma's issues page (especially if legacy works and 8.1.1 doesn't). Https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues
That's the exact same error screen I've been having whenever doing something in the freeshop and neithe legacy or 8.1.1 has fixed it.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated to Luma 8.1.1 and just wanted to go back in the Luma Updater app for some reason. It showed this: (shown below) should I update to the stable version again? Is this supposed to show up once you update? It says that I have the latest hourly build (f6483ec)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 157
Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's the exact same error screen I've been having whenever doing something in the freeshop and neithe legacy or 8.1.1 has fixed it.
Then please report it to the issues page along with exactly what you do to make the error happen and your crash dump file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I updated to Luma 8.1.1 and just wanted to go back in the Luma Updater app for some reason. It showed this: (shown below) should I update to the stable version again? Is this supposed to show up once you update? It says that I have the latest hourly build (f6483ec)
I think Luma Updater has a little problem that @KunoichiZ is working on

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then please report it to the issues page along with exactly what you do to make the error happen and your crash dump file.

Ok, cool. The bug is common than. The bug will probably go away in Luma Updater 2.2 anyway.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If the Luma3DS repo hasn't been updated since the release of 8.1.1 (it was last updated 1 day ago, probably to release 8.1.1), then what's shown on Awesome's screen is correct. Awesome, you have the latest stable version. Don't worry about it. It's not an issue with Luma Updater thankfully.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the Luma3DS repo hasn't been updated since the release of 8.1.1 (it was last updated 1 day ago, probably to release 8.1.1), then what's shown on Awesome's screen is correct. Awesome, you have the latest stable version. Don't worry about it. It's not an issue with Luma Updater thankfully.
Awesome, thanks!

LanzBulldog

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Luma is currently at the 7.0.2 version, still using A9LH. After I update to A9S, is it safe to update my Luma straight to the current version?

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have 5 crash dump files. Should I choose all 5 of them or just one? They were all from the same source (freeshop)? I'm going to file a report on the issues page. Could I also have a link to the issues page?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have 5 crash dump files. Should I choose all 5 of them or just one? They were all from the same source (freeshop)? I'm going to file a report on the issues page. Could I also have a link to the issues page?
Https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues
Remove the crash dumps from your SD card, then carefully do the steps that make it happen, and write them down. Then upload the crash dump that results and in the new issue, write down those steps so that the devs can reproduce what you did. And write what version of Luma you were using (make sure to use 8.1.1 or they will just say to update and try again). It would also be helpful to try the legacy one and write if the same thing happens with the same steps, and upload the crash dump fot that as well if any different.

@TuxSH let me know if the above instructions are what you would like me to tell people when they have an arm11 exception or if anything else I should add.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues
Remove the crash dumps from your SD card, then carefully do the steps that make it happen, and write them down. Then upload the crash dump that results and in the new issue, write down those steps so that the devs can reproduce what you did. And write what version of Luma you were using (make sure to use 8.1.1 or they will just say to update and try again). It would also be helpful to try the legacy one and write if the same thing happens with the same steps, and upload the crash dump fot that as well if any different.

@TuxSH let me know if the above instructions are what you would like me to tell people when they have an arm11 exception or if anything else I should add.
I see you're waiting for someone to confirm that you are right. Should I wait it out for the person to confirm?

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey, I have an o3DS XL on B9S, and I want to upgrade to an N3DS XL. If I hack the new console, can I copy all of the files from the old sd to a new one and run the new system on the same emuNAND of the old one, without having to system transfer? I just don't want to delete everything on the old system, I still want to be able to use it after I have the new one.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, I have an o3DS XL on B9S, and I want to upgrade to an N3DS XL. If I hack the new console, can I copy all of the files from the old sd to a new one and run the new system on the same emuNAND of the old one, without having to system transfer? I just don't want to delete everything on the old system, I still want to be able to use it after I have the new one.
No, files are encrypted per console. If you want to move the data over you have to system transfer. You can back up the saves with JKSM and import them to your new console though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday