Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ive been given a wiiu on 5.5.1 to hack. When I hacked my own, I didnt haxchi on my own and had to buy an official 3ds game. I need to do it the same way BUT surely, if I go to buy a 3DS game off e shop, I will have to update? Help. Is there any way not to update but download the 3ds game?
When you say "Wii U 5.5.1" do you mean "3DS 11.3"???
You need a modded console to install CFW on 11.4+, which you can update to the latest version.

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm new on the GBATemp forum, sorry for my english.
I've a got a New 3DS XL (blue) in 11.5.0-38E version, with a Sky3DS+ orange buttons card, and a homebrew launcher working with Cubic Ninja game (Ninjhax hack).
But no custom firmware as it's impossible to downgrade, and I don't want trying hard mode modifications.

I have just bought today another New 3DS XL (white), totally new and never updated. Version number is still 11.2.0-35E
and I would like to install CFW with Luma to have benefit of FBI, playing CIA games and many other stuffs.
I have already disabled all parameters to send information to SpotPass/StreetPass/Nintendo informations, etc.
I have not yet configured the wifi connection.

At first as I could see with https://3ds.guide I can use this method :

c1.JPG

Can you confirim please ?
And therefore follow the following tutorial https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) : Starter kit, Soundhax, SafeB9Installer, boot9strap, safehax, udsploit, Luma3DS, otherapp payload ?

Second, I saw here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-5-and-homebrew.477138/ working and patched things after update in 11.5.

When I will have my New 3DS XL with CFW and Luma in 11.2, can I update my console to 11.5 without loosing CFW and homebrew launcher ?

Thank you a lot for your answers and advices. B-)

Voodood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could try using JKSM on one system, move the JKSV folder on the root of that SD card to the other system, and try to use JKSM on the second system to import those saves.
what I mean is if I put my sd card in another console will my save games be there still?
or if I copy my whole sd card to another will the save games just work on a new card?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
what I mean is if I put my sd card in another console will my save games be there still?
or if I copy my whole sd card to another will the save games just work on a new card?
You can't use the save files from one console in another (except if you export with JKSM and import on the other console). You can copy the files to a new SD card and put it in the same console though.

Reactions: Voodood

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to check which cache version is in your freeshop?

EDIT: Whenever I redownload the cache, it gets stuck on an infinite loop on "Downloading late cache" after awhile it crashes and forces to restart.

Last edited by LUCIFXR,

CH1CK3NMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I already made a thread but it seems to be getting buried so I'll ask again here but make it a lot shorter this time. My 2DS is corrupted and I'd like to uninstall A9LH along with Luma, then rehack it with B9S. I still have full access to writing on and copying from the SD card. I know you can use SafeA9LHinstaller to uninstall A9LH, but what firmware does it leave you on afterwards? I also know I can use Decrypt9 but my NAND backups are unlabeled so I have no idea what firmware they are on. If I did restore and wasn't correct, could I just try restoring again from one of my other NAND backups?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, I already made a thread but it seems to be getting buried so I'll ask again here but make it a lot shorter this time. My 2DS is corrupted and I'd like to uninstall A9LH along with Luma, then rehack it with B9S. I still have full access to writing on and copying from the SD card. I know you can use SafeA9LHinstaller to uninstall A9LH, but what firmware does it leave you on afterwards? I also know I can use Decrypt9 but my NAND backups are unlabeled so I have no idea what firmware they are on. If I did restore and wasn't correct, could I just try restoring again from one of my other NAND backups?
What do you mean by "corrupted". Do you mean you cannot turn it on at all?

CH1CK3NMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still turns on, just that like 3 of my games when I hover over them, it freezes. I also have weird files in my root of the SD card. Most other things seem to work, except system settings data manager. I cant do anything at all in the data manager. Also I did try to copy over some of the files from my SD card except for the Nintendo 3DS folder (since its too big for my new SD) and it booted up into Firmware 11.0. Does that mean anything? Heres a picture of my SD card root, I assume those really weird symbols are corrupt?
2aIvzYu.png
lPIdoM6.png

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It still turns on, just that like 3 of my games when I hover over them, it freezes. I also have weird files in my root of the SD card. Most other things seem to work, except system settings data manager. I cant do anything at all in the data manager. Also I did try to copy over some of the files from my SD card except for the Nintendo 3DS folder (since its too big for my new SD) and it booted up into Firmware 11.0. Does that mean anything? Heres a picture of my SD card root, I assume those really weird symbols are corrupt?
2aIvzYu.png
lPIdoM6.png

corrupted sdcard, fix it back by rightclick on it'd drive letter and choose Properties > Tool > Error Checking.
I hope it helps.

CH1CK3NMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
corrupted sdcard, fix it back by rightclick on it'd drive letter and choose Properties > Tool > Error Checking.
I hope it helps.
Ok thanks it works now. A lot of the weird files were deleted but some are still there, should i delete manually? And i guess ill just follow the 3dsguide on updating to B9S

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok thanks it works now. A lot of the weird files were deleted but some are still there, should i delete manually? And i guess ill just follow the 3dsguide on updating to B9S
Yeah, follow it. Please screenshot your sd again so we can tell what files you can safely remove.

CH1CK3NMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, follow it. Please screenshot your sd again so we can tell what files you can safely remove.
It seems I spoke too soon. My alpha sapphire once opened goes black and says an error has occurred but all other things work fine. I cannot see it in the system data manager either. Should I try deleting from FBI and reinstalling? Also here are pics

0lz55Wa.png
yxQIKzz.png

Last edited by CH1CK3NMAN,

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Install CFW on the 11.2 console by following the guide, and update (it tells you to in the guide). You can then use it to install CFW on the 11.5 one.
Thank you so much Quantumcat with your precious advice ! B-)

I've installed all on tutorial above, I have now a CFW with Luma3DS, Homebrew channel and FBI working, then update to 11.5 : all is working fine and up to date.
Again thank's a lot I'm very happy !!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Ignition

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, resently I have installed cfw on my old 3ds, I didn't update so it's 11.0, in the guide it says update to the latest firmware does that mean I have to update from settings? Will homebrew and cfw work on 11.5? Thanks

Fougeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your friend has the same birthday as me :-) Can you post a picture of your SD card contents so we can see if you are missing anything?

Thanks man! I'll probably try it out in the future.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, resently I have installed cfw on my old 3ds, I didn't update so it's 11.0, in the guide it says update to the latest firmware does that mean I have to update from settings? Will homebrew and cfw work on 11.5? Thanks
Yes, update, everything works

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the guide says you should update in the System Settings, then that's what you should do. If you have Luma3DS and B9S installed, then it is safe to update to 11.5.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK, first of all, you're on A9LH, which means you should upgrade to B9S.
2aIvzYu.png
lPIdoM6.png
You should upgrade to B9S, and clean up your SD card as it seems to have many CIAs which may be already installed, and lots of old files.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems I spoke too soon. My alpha sapphire once opened goes black and says an error has occurred but all other things work fine. I cannot see it in the system data manager either. Should I try deleting from FBI and reinstalling? Also here are pics

You should probably get a new SD card entirely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...