• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

NSurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My flashcard (edit: And ALL NDS games) stopped working after 11.4, I've got the latest Luma build. What else can I do? I get a black bottom screen with "An error ocurred, press down the Power button" etc. (NDS games dont get this error, just a black screen.)

Last edited by NSurf,

Kennerc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wasn't gonna ask but since I'm here...
Anyway to generate a .cia from a freeshop download, using only the 3ds?

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was about to play Pokemon Moon again and participate in the new global mission only to find out that I have to update the system version. My current version is 11.2.0-35U. Are there any risks with updating? And if someone can give me a link to a newb/noob-friendly guide to updating as well (sorry if I'm asking for too much, I'm new to all of this). I found one guide but wasn't sure if I should follow that one, help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I was about to play Pokemon Moon again and participate in the new global mission only to find out that I have to update the system version. My current version is 11.2.0-35U. Are there any risks with updating? And if someone can give me a link to a newb/noob-friendly guide to updating as well (sorry if I'm asking for too much, I'm new to all of this). I found one guide but wasn't sure if I should follow that one, help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
If you have Luma3ds 6.6 or newer, don't use hbl or NTR streaming, you can just update in system settings

NSurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What flashcard
This clone but 2017: http://www.gateway-3ds.net/media/ca...78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/_/2_small.jpg Worked fine until updating. The thing is normal NDS games DONT WORK either, but they don't get the text on the bottom screen as in this picture.

This is the error when I turn Luma's exception handlers ON:
NiGimHx.png

Fixed: Had to install the NDS cias to restore functionality

Last edited by NSurf,

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have Luma3ds 6.6 or newer, don't use hbl or NTR streaming, you can just update in system settings
Thanks for the reply! How do I check my luma3ds version? Is that all I have to do? I don't have to worry about losing files?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for the reply! How do I check my luma3ds version? Is that all I have to do? I don't have to worry about losing files?
You can just update Luma with Luma Updater to the latest stable build to make sure. No files will be lost. If you want to be extra safe make a nand backup before updating.

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can just update Luma with Luma Updater to the latest stable build to make sure. No files will be lost. If you want to be extra safe make a nand backup before updating.
How do I backup? I'm really terrible at this, I'm sorry.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How do I backup? I'm really terrible at this, I'm sorry.
If you hold start while booting, you should get to GodMode9 or Hourglass9. In GM9, press something like Home -> more -> Nand backup. In Hourglass9, maybe Sysnand options -> nand backup. I'm not sure exactly where they are but you should be able to find nand backup option there somewhere. If not, google Hourglass9 nand backup or GodMode9 nand backup.

andrewoid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, new here. Not sure if i should post here, or somewhere specific to luma3ds but, about a year ago i hacked my 3ds and put rxtools on it, as a lot of people were at the time, and i came back to it a few months ago to find rxtools no longer supported so decided to switch over to luma3ds but had a big issue, suddenly nothing was recognising that i had an emunand set up bar rxtools its self, i spent a long time considering just starting again from scratch before i remembered rxtools could dump emunands, so i dumped the emunand, wiped the sd card and re-set up the emunand, it boots fine into rxtools still but i can't for the life if me manage to install luma3ds and boot into that. I know i'm skimping out by not installing arm9loaderhax but i don't wanna go through the rigmarole of downgrading the sysnand again, then doing more stuff that could potentially brick it considering how little experience i have and how much things seem to have gone wrong, so i'd prefer to stick with menuhax to boot into luma, since there's quite a few places that say i can do that.
I can get to the luma3ds configuration setup thing, i configure it to use emunand 1, have it show the strings in system settings and all that, but then when it reboots, menuhax loads up fine, doesn't crash (no yellow bottom screen at least), but luma3ds just doesn't start, the screen just stays black. is there any way i can figure out what's going on? or a straight up solution? i've tried removing everything to do with rxtools, going back a fair few versions on luma3ds (6.3.1 was the earliest i tried) and trying to load luma3ds through the homebrew menu to no avail. Another thing i should mention, for some reason booting into rxtools the red flashes for only a second, but when trying to boot into luma3ds it hangs for a couple of seconds before carrying on.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey, new here. Not sure if i should post here, or somewhere specific to luma3ds but, about a year ago i hacked my 3ds and put rxtools on it, as a lot of people were at the time, and i came back to it a few months ago to find rxtools no longer supported so decided to switch over to luma3ds but had a big issue, suddenly nothing was recognising that i had an emunand set up bar rxtools its self, i spent a long time considering just starting again from scratch before i remembered rxtools could dump emunands, so i dumped the emunand, wiped the sd card and re-set up the emunand, it boots fine into rxtools still but i can't for the life if me manage to install luma3ds and boot into that. I know i'm skimping out by not installing arm9loaderhax but i don't wanna go through the rigmarole of downgrading the sysnand again, then doing more stuff that could potentially brick it considering how little experience i have and how much things seem to have gone wrong, so i'd prefer to stick with menuhax to boot into luma, since there's quite a few places that say i can do that.
I can get to the luma3ds configuration setup thing, i configure it to use emunand 1, have it show the strings in system settings and all that, but then when it reboots, menuhax loads up fine, doesn't crash (no yellow bottom screen at least), but luma3ds just doesn't start, the screen just stays black. is there any way i can figure out what's going on? or a straight up solution? i've tried removing everything to do with rxtools, going back a fair few versions on luma3ds (6.3.1 was the earliest i tried) and trying to load luma3ds through the homebrew menu to no avail. Another thing i should mention, for some reason booting into rxtools the red flashes for only a second, but when trying to boot into luma3ds it hangs for a couple of seconds before carrying on.
Could you post a screenshot of your sd card root

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT