• Views 4,471,447
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Davidlinder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my N3DS on the most up to date A9LH/Luma from current system version 9.7xx to 11.3 via system update. Every time I try, I get the generic 'An Error has occurred. Unable to update.' I have set DNS to auto, I have changed date/time, I have booted up in the system updater and nothing seams to work. Any help is appreciated!

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I'm trying to update my N3DS on the most up to date A9LH/Luma from current system version 9.7xx to 11.3 via system update. Every time I try, I get the generic 'An Error has occurred. Unable to update.' I have set DNS to auto, I have changed date/time, I have booted up in the system updater and nothing seams to work. Any help is appreciated!

Try manually, downloading the .cia package from 3DNUS for your region, and the list of the FW

SpectralVenom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working! Installed luma3ds and it now lets me boot to menu.

But my question now is can I format system memory, since I'm selling it? Don't want my info or them to get banned from Nintendo (if that's how it works)

- Does system memory format brick the 3ds
- Does updating from Nintendo brick the 3ds
- I have my NAND.bin and OTP.bin is that the best way to restore

Thanks

Last edited by SpectralVenom,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Got it working! Installed luma3ds and it now lets me boot to menu.

But my question now is can I format system memory, since I'm selling it? Don't want my info or them to get banned from Nintendo (if that's how it works)

- Does system memory format brick the 3ds
- Does updating from Nintendo brick the 3ds
- I have my NAND.bin and OTP.bin is that the best way to restore

Thanks

1) no
2) no
3) yes by either restoring the NAND Backup made prior to installing it or uninstalling using SafeA9LHINstaller

Javman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Luma, yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Install a9lh first, then do a system transfer. The guide will tell you when to keep the important files.

You can use CTR-httpwn. However it would be easier to just install a9lh then update. Https://3ds.guide/

Make a save in your game, then use JKSM to make a backup of it. Look on your SD card to see where it puts the bin file. Then put yours in the same place, and use JKSM to restore it.
Thanks, Quantumcat! How do I do it, though? I have luma already.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I do have it installed, it is just when I run it it says "An Error has occured. Press and hold the power button to power off". My system is an American system.
Oh, that's weird. If it were a region problem, it wouldn't show up. If it were being on too low a firmware, it would be stuck on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I *think* if it were missing the seed it would also get stuck on the loading screen - maybe try importing the seed with FBI in case I'm wrong there. If you installed it as a cia, try deleting it and reinstalling with freeShop, it download it again in case it was corrupted or something.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone for the all the help. I decide to format my sd card to bring back my emunand but now the problem is my sysnand was on 4.1.0. version and now my gateway emunand is also on 4.1.0. Is there a way to update emunand just on 11.2. because if I go to update system option it will always update to to last version? Thanks. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone for the all the help. I decide to format my sd card to bring back my emunand but now the problem is my sysnand was on 4.1.0. version and now my gateway emunand is also on 4.1.0. Is there a way to update emunand just on 11.2. because if I go to update system option it will always update to to last version? Thanks. :)
Do you have a9lh? You can do a CTR transfer to 9.2, then update with a cartridge to 11.2 (I think Yoshi's Wooly World has 11.2). This can be done in Gateway mode with a rom if you turn off the cartridge update blocker. Or, you can use sysupdater if you find the 11.2 firmware files on "that" ISO site.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a9lh? You can do a CTR transfer to 9.2, then update with a cartridge to 11.2 (I think Yoshi's Wooly World has 11.2). This can be done in Gateway mode with a rom if you turn off the cartridge update blocker. Or, you can use sysupdater if you find the 11.2 firmware files on "that" ISO site.
Thanks for the info. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?