• Views 4,521,790
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost wonder if you accidentally bought one of those fake sd cards that's marked as 128GB but actually ends up being like 4GB. A lot of your issues suggest this.
so a person with a high rating on ebay sold me an fake sd card (again)? the writing on it looks legit, i could send you a picture of the SD Card, it does have writing on the back of it to.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you do any more, test it with H2testw.
that's what i am doing at least putting 61GB on the MircoSD Card, it would take like 4+ Hour to test all 128GB according to H2testw, my PC does have a problem with unmounting and remounting USB Devices btw.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
that's what i am doing at least putting 61GB on the MircoSD Card, it would take like 4+ Hour to test all 128GB according to H2testw, my PC does have a problem with unmounting and remounting USB Devices btw.
Putting those files on the SD card won't tell you anything. If they work on the 3DS - great. If they don't, you won't know if it's a problem with the SD card or the 3DS. Whereas H2testw will tell you for sure. If you don't find out anything with this 61GB test then set it to test with H2testw overnight.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting those files on the SD card won't tell you anything. If they work on the 3DS - great. If they don't, you won't know if it's a problem with the SD card or the 3DS. Whereas H2testw will tell you for sure. If you don't find out anything with this 61GB test then set it to test with H2testw overnight.
well right now i think it's officially time for my to take the 64GB Micro SD Card out of my o3DS and format it, so at least if H2testw says the 128GB Micro Sd Card is good or bad, at least i can transfer the games, even if i have to buy a New Legit 128GB Micro SD Card from a local store

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i am going to test the 128GB Micro SD Card over night. while i fill this other Micro SD Card Up, and if i H2testw confirms it's good (Hopefully), all i do is take the Nintendo 3DS File from the 64GB Micro Sd Card, and move it to the root of 128GB Micro SD Card right?

Slingy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I installed luma on my n3ds following Plailect's guide about a week ago, downloaded some games, and everything is working fine. I was just wondering after I change my theme through Homebrew menu, then reboot and try to launch the Homebrew menu again, Im just stuck with a white screen, and I must manually reboot and try it several times to make it launch again, is that normal? Also, if I would by a new micro SD card, if I just copy all of the files from the old one to the new one, will everything be fine, or will I have to install something again?

Thanks for reading this long question,
Slingy

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I installed luma on my n3ds following Plailect's guide about a week ago, downloaded some games, and everything is working fine. I was just wondering after I change my theme through Homebrew menu, then reboot and try to launch the Homebrew menu again, Im just stuck with a white screen, and I must manually reboot and try it several times to make it launch again, is that normal? Also, if I would by a new micro SD card, if I just copy all of the files from the old one to the new one, will everything be fine, or will I have to install something again?

Thanks for reading this long question,
Slingy

The homebrew menu is hit and miss. It's normal to have to reboot several times to get it to run.

If you copy all the contents from one sd card to another everything will transfer, don't worry.

Reactions: Slingy

Slingy

Trophies
XP
Country
The homebrew menu is hit and miss. It's normal to have to reboot several times to get it to run.

If you copy all the contents from one sd card to another everything will transfer, don't worry.

Thanks for the quick answer, I will probably buy a bigger card soon.
Slingy

Reactions: x65943

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm on an arm9loader's EmuNAND (letter E at the end of the version means it's EmuNAND, right?) with 11.0.0 version of new 3ds xl. Is it safe to update the system with an autoupdate? The window asking for an update appears every time I turn on my console even without wifi on.
Sorry for a probably stupid question.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on an arm9loader's EmuNAND (letter E at the end of the version means it's EmuNAND, right?) with 11.0.0 version of new 3ds xl. Is it safe to update the system with an autoupdate? The window asking for an update appears every time I turn on my console even without wifi on.
Letter e means european console.

And it's safe to update always (sysnand or emunand) with a9lh.

Reactions: ReDEyeDz

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on an arm9loader's EmuNAND (letter E at the end of the version means it's EmuNAND, right?) with 11.0.0 version of new 3ds xl. Is it safe to update the system with an autoupdate? The window asking for an update appears every time I turn on my console.
Update Luma first using LumaUpdater then update the system using System Settings. Yep it is safe.

Reactions: ReDEyeDz and x65943

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Letter e means european console.

And it's safe to update always (sysnand or emunand) with a9lh.
I was pretty sure it had something with nand version there, guess I'm wrong. Thank you very much for the quick answer. Is it generally safe to update A9HL?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update Luma first using LumaUpdater then update the system using System Settings. Yep it is safe.
Yeah, thank you very much.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pretty sure it had something with nand version there, guess I'm wrong. Thank you very much for the quick answer. Is it generally safe to update A9HL?

Yes. It's always safe to update with a9lh.

If you want to know if you're on emunand or not, press select at boot and see what luma is configured to boot.

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes. It's always safe to update with a9lh.

If you want to know if you're on emunand or not, press select at boot and see what luma is configured to boot.
I have another small question here: What does Off - Clock - L2 - L2+Clock means in cpu settings? I read it as Old normal - Old clocked - New normal - New clocked. Am I right here? What setting should I use for my n3ds? I have it on L2 right now.

Reactions: x65943 and 2Hack

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another small question here: What does Off - Clock - L2 - L2+Clock means in cpu settings? I read it as Old normal - Old clocked - New normal - New clocked. Am I right here? What setting should I use for my n3ds? I have it on L2 right now.

Not sure, sorry. I have only ever had access to o3DSs. You could probably search google and other threads though.

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would formatting sysNAND and then restoring a backup help me recover from error code 022-2613? I have A9LH installed and tried to set up an emuNAND, but botched it somewhere along the way and now I can't so much as access Miiverse on my computer. Anything else that might help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...