• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

aetheraeternus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes after a CTR transfer I think your tickets get uninstalled, so you have to install stuff again. You don't have to install a9lh again, just inject FBI (if it's gone) and install the homebrew launcher cia etc. If you backed up your tickets then you can reinstall them using FBI. Go to SD and find the folder with the tickets, go to <current directory> and select install all tickets. That would mean you don't have to install stuff again.

So I think I may have bricked my 3DS. I wasn't sure where to start with the guide so I decided to start over from scratch. I deleted everything that wasn't on the system to begin with and started to reinstall arm9lh. I got as far as putting decrypt9 on it, but after I turned the 3DS off, it wouldn't turn back on. When I hit the power, the blue light blinks for a second but it doesn't on. Is there any hope left for my system?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I think I may have bricked my 3DS. I wasn't sure where to start with the guide so I decided to start over from scratch. I deleted everything that wasn't on the system to begin with and started to reinstall arm9lh. I got as far as putting decrypt9 on it, but after I turned the 3DS off, it wouldn't turn back on. When I hit the power, the blue light blinks for a second but it doesn't on. Is there any hope left for my system?
Make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card. Once a9lh is installed you don't need to install it again. In fact it would be dangerous to do so.

Reactions: aetheraeternus

Temperature

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Quantumcat
To 2.:
The Consoles are both new 3ds XL.
The target one didn't had a NNID before, it's now linked with the NNID from the source one.
I was hoping, that Majora's Mask will still be connected with the console, not with the NNID from the Source one :D

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat
To 2.:
The Consoles are both new 3ds XL.
The target one didn't had a NNID before, it's now linked with the NNID from the source one.
I was hoping, that Majora's Mask will still be connected with the console, not with the NNID from the Source one :D
Ah I'm so confused lol. If a console had a pre-installed game and then had an NNID on it, the game will get associated with that NNID.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: how did I download a game I did not buy in eshop? this is not using freeshop, but official eshop?

Set up: A9LH, Luma, usual stuff.
Game in question: Bravely Second (I have/bought the actual game cart), shorten to BS
What I did before:
1) post A9LH, I wanted to dump BS as Cia and install directly on 3ds. IDR actually installing though, just dumping with HG9.
2) ended doing stuff with tikidevil and tikshop due messed up some stuff during A9LH proccess.
3) today, did not see BS in home menu, and don't remember see it in home menu. thought, guess I mist have not installed it.
4) checkled Freeshop to dl BS. it did not give me an option to download, rather to delete, Uninstall BS. strange, I don't see the game in my home menu.
5) checked files9 in fbi, don't see CIA created in step 1
6) checked BS in eshop, gave me options to re download the game.
* no funds in Eshop so not possible I bought by accident.
7) downloads the game successfully
*strange, shouldn't the options be repair if you have the game? or if you have a fake ticket such as getting the game from a pirated cia, it fails at 99%

Have a feeling this is due to me dumping my game cart, but I don't think this was how tickets worked.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So my home menu is bricked, probably when i tried to reinstall home menu cia.
Any suggestion to recover from this? Like using godmode9 or something?

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I followed those instructions perfectly till last page here on an O3DS with sysnand 4.2: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

The only thing I wasn't able to do is injecting FBI to Health&Safety on sysnand (it didn't gave me the option to install FBI) so I installed it on Emunand.

Now, if I power up the O3DS it goes to sysnand 2.1.0-4, if I boot+start Hourglass9 is launched, boot+select Luma3DS configuration menu is launched, boot+L emunand 10.5.0-30E is launched. (system says firmware: EMU 10.5.0-30E)

Now I tried to update emunand but it gives me an error saying it can't be updated, I tried to install a couple of CIA games and I played it, and it works.

So I guess that's it or I forgot something?

Why I can't update emunand?

Can I update sysnand 2.1.0-4 and use it?

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I have this doubt, I have 2 friends with 3ds in 11.0, one has new 3ds XL and another with 3ds XL. I have a 3ds XL with RXtools, and by what I researched I can use the DSiWare method to downgrade the 3ds of them using mine.

But I have some doubts:

1º Is this method already really safe or is it still experimental and has a chance to give brick or something? (I've already done downgrades only from 10.7 down)

2º I read about this method, and what I understood is that I need to buy a game in the eshop, and then modify the save and transfer my account to the 3ds of a friend with this modified game. That's right? Can I do it only once or with as many 3ds as I want?

3º I saw many people recommending the tutorial of this site https://3ds.guide/ I read it but some parts I did not understand very well, mainly the part where I return my account of the 3ds of my friend back to my. Someone knows some video demonstrating step by step? I found some but they were poorly explained.

Thank you

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello, I have this doubt, I have 2 friends with 3ds in 11.0, one has new 3ds XL and another with 3ds XL. I have a 3ds XL with RXtools, and by what I researched I can use the DSiWare method to downgrade the 3ds of them using mine.

But I have some doubts:

1º Is this method already really safe or is it still experimental and has a chance to give brick or something? (I've already done downgrades only from 10.7 down)

2º I read about this method, and what I understood is that I need to buy a game in the eshop, and then modify the save and transfer my account to the 3ds of a friend with this modified game. That's right? Can I do it only once or with as many 3ds as I want?

3º I saw many people recommending the tutorial of this site https://3ds.guide/ I read it but some parts I did not understand very well, mainly the part where I return my account of the 3ds of my friend back to my. Someone knows some video demonstrating step by step? I found some but they were poorly explained.

Thank you
1. Yep, safe and tested. It doesn't really differ from the ordinary method. The brick rate is pretty much the same.

2. Yup, that's right. You can do it multiple times but only from the 3DS that last received it. So if you modify one of your friends' 3DS, you'll have to wait a week and use that same 3DS to modify the other. Of course, you can also buy the game twice on yours. You'll have to wait a week for either one of those methods.

3. Well, long story short, for each 3DS that has a NNID that you want to keep on the source system, you'll have to either:
a) Wait a week and system transfer back from the target system to the source or
b) Call nintendo and have them do it for you

Last edited by Kinqdra,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed those instructions perfectly till last page here on an O3DS with sysnand 4.2: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

The only thing I wasn't able to do is injecting FBI to Health&Safety on sysnand (it didn't gave me the option to install FBI) so I installed it on Emunand.

Now, if I power up the O3DS it goes to sysnand 2.1.0-4, if I boot+start Hourglass9 is launched, boot+select Luma3DS configuration menu is launched, boot+L emunand 10.5.0-30E is launched. (system says firmware: EMU 10.5.0-30E)

Now I tried to update emunand but it gives me an error saying it can't be updated, I tried to install a couple of CIA games and I played it, and it works.

So I guess that's it or I forgot something?

Why I can't update emunand?

Can I update sysnand 2.1.0-4 and use it?
Section IV on that page should result in you have sysnand at 11.2

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. Yep, safe and tested. It doesn't really differ from the ordinary method. The brick rate is pretty much the same.

2. Yup, that's right. You can do it multiple times but only from the 3DS that last received it. So if you modify one of your friends' 3DS, you'll have to wait a week and use that same 3DS to modify the other. Of course, you can also buy the game twice on yours. You'll have to wait a week for either one of those methods.

3. Well, long story short, for each 3DS that has a NNID that you want to keep on the source system, you'll have to either:
a) Wait a week and system transfer back from the target system to the source or
b) Call nintendo and have them do it for you

Thanks for the answer.

One last question, when I make the transfer from 3ds xl to new 3ds xl, if I wait a week can I transfer back from new 3ds xl to 3ds xl?

Because I have seen that this system transfer table work only in these directions
+ New 3DS -> New 3DS
+ Old 3DS or 2DS -> Old 3DS or 2DS
+ Old 3DS or 2DS -> New 3DS

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answer.

One last question, when I make the transfer from 3ds xl to new 3ds xl, if I wait a week can I transfer back from new 3ds xl to 3ds xl?

Because I have seen that this system transfer table work only in these directions
+ New 3DS -> New 3DS
+ Old 3DS or 2DS -> Old 3DS or 2DS
+ Old 3DS or 2DS -> New 3DS
No you can't system transfer from new to old, you might be able to get nintendo to release/reattach your nnid from new to old though

aetheraeternus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card. Once a9lh is installed you don't need to install it again. In fact it would be dangerous to do so.

Alright, so after a lot of tinkering, I was finally able to get everything to work. Thanks so much for that! :bow:

It seems like I lost my save data for all my games though. Here's a recap of the problems, if it helps:

• Friend lost my streetpass data during arm9lh install
  • I tried to restore to older version, but accidentally restored to the 2.1 downgrade
  • Tried to re-install arm9lh but goofed it up and deleted arm9loaderhax.bin, causing the 3DS to fail to boot
  • Luckily I had a backup of the entire SD card contents, and put it all back in
  • As per your suggestion, I used tikshop and that worked to restore tickets
  • Now, it seems like I've lost data for all the games I've ever purchased as well as the data for freeshop games. Is there any way to get it back?

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture321.PNG where do i get the starter.zip?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so after a lot of tinkering, I was finally able to get everything to work. Thanks so much for that! :bow:

It seems like I lost my save data for all my games though. Here's a recap of the problems, if it helps:

• Friend lost my streetpass data during arm9lh install
  • I tried to restore to older version, but accidentally restored to the 2.1 downgrade
  • Tried to re-install arm9lh but goofed it up and deleted arm9loaderhax.bin, causing the 3DS to fail to boot
  • Luckily I had a backup of the entire SD card contents, and put it all back in
  • As per your suggestion, I used tikshop and that worked to restore tickets
  • Now, it seems like I've lost data for all the games I've ever purchased as well as the data for freeshop games. Is there any way to get it back?
Your data is on the sdcard and is tied to 1 id [see the first folder in 'Nintendo 3DS'] - if that data is still there and you have a nand using that id then the data would be usable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==