• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have cfw installed on my 3ds and downloaded the payload or whatever and set my version to the target 3ds without cfw. The guide I'm using (Which everyone seems to use) said this was required.

Not really understanding your position. You have a CFW 3DS and you're using that to install the haxx save so that you can use it on a non-CFW 3DS?

If that's the case, sure, it should work. Just be sure to have the correct payload from smea's HBL site on the root of the SD Card (make sure it's ropbin) as well as the boot.3dsx. Beware tho, booting Oot3dhax on OFW 11.0 will not be 100% successful, it may take multiple tries.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an R4i 3ds card, and I can't seem to actually load ROMs from it. I have the latest firmware on it, and it boots into its menu just fine, but when I try to load a game (Pokemon Black 2 in this case), it just hangs on a white screen. Is this a problem with the game itself? I know that Black 2 was a very late NDS game and I heard there were some issues with those in other circumstances, but I also thought I heard that flash carts still work just fine.

EDIT: Kirby Super Star Ultra works just fine so I guess it really is an issue with the game itself... Does anyone know if there's a patch or something that allows for late NDS games to work?

Last edited by Frezgle,

gamer-2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he can't do anything without a downgrade (except if he gets a copy of Cubic Ninja or Freakyforms, he can use userland homebrew, or if he gets a secondary hax cart like OoT you can set it up for him).
Coldboot via menuhax is set up. And he has cubic ninja with nijahax. My op says what is setup.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PotatoTheG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not really understanding your position. You have a CFW 3DS and you're using that to install the haxx save so that you can use it on a non-CFW 3DS?

If that's the case, sure, it should work. Just be sure to have the correct payload from smea's HBL site on the root of the SD Card (make sure it's ropbin) as well as the boot.3dsx. Beware tho, booting Oot3dhax on OFW 11.0 will not be 100% successful, it may take multiple tries.
Yes that is indeed the case, sorry for not being clear enough. I'm doing the dsiware hax thing so I can do a system transfer to the newer system.
I'm pretty sure I have the correct payload, I used the sploitinstaller on the homebrew channel, selected the right version and everything. Keep in mind the files from the HB channel are from August-ish so idk if I'm required to update them or something for it to work. (The only reason I'm asking this is because I'm pretty sure 11.1.034 didn't even exist when I installed cfw but from what I can see the payload is grabbed from the internet so I'm like 80% sure that's not an issue). I didn't know the ropbin file should be at the root though, so thanks. I suppose I'm being more impatient than anything because I only tried it 10 or so times before giving up. I'm really quite clueless as you can tell so there are some doubts on my mind.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is indeed the case, sorry for not being clear enough. I'm doing the dsiware hax thing so I can do a system transfer to the newer system.
I'm pretty sure I have the correct payload, I used the sploitinstaller on the homebrew channel, selected the right version and everything. Keep in mind the files from the HB channel are from August-ish so idk if I'm required to update them or something for it to work. (The only reason I'm asking this is because I'm pretty sure 11.1.034 didn't even exist when I installed cfw but from what I can see the payload is grabbed from the internet so I'm like 80% sure that's not an issue). I didn't know the ropbin file should be at the root though, so thanks. I suppose I'm being more impatient than anything because I only tried it 10 or so times before giving up. I'm really quite clueless as you can tell so there are some doubts on my mind.

Delete all old files that are connected to the HBL "3ds" and "boot.3dsx" and just get the newest starter pack from smea's site. Get the ropbin, drag it to the root of your "target" systems SD Card and re-install the save haxx and see if the HBL launches on your "target" 3DS. Take your time bro, rushing will lead you to a regretful brick if you don't follow the steps carefully.

bass_888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Can someone help me please! I have followed plailects guide so far successfully
smile.png
I am now at the point of following plailects guide for installing A9LX but I just wanted to clarify something before continuing??.....

What I have done so far is downgrade my N3DS 9.9.0.26E --> 9.2.0.20E --> then made a sysNAND backup with Decrypt9 as stated with plailects guide.

I have just finished section III. Is section IV necessary - restoring the system ?? If yes do I just do step 3 and skip 1 & 2 as I have a N3DS.
heres the imgur pic of where I am stuck. Sorry for inconvenience.
http://imgur.com/a/eGPup

Please help! Many thanks in advance!!

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just got an R4i 3ds card, and I can't seem to actually load ROMs from it. I have the latest firmware on it, and it boots into its menu just fine, but when I try to load a game (Pokemon Black 2 in this case), it just hangs on a white screen. Is this a problem with the game itself? I know that Black 2 was a very late NDS game and I heard there were some issues with those in other circumstances, but I also thought I heard that flash carts still work just fine.

EDIT: Kirby Super Star Ultra works just fine so I guess it really is an issue with the game itself... Does anyone know if there's a patch or something that allows for late NDS games to work?
I have R4i Gold RTS, and all pokemon roms load just fine. whatever site it writes on the sticker you should visit it and update your card's firmware

Last edited by PrometheusG.,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Can someone help me please! I have followed plailects guide so far successfully
smile.png
I am now at the point of following plailects guide for installing A9LX but I just wanted to clarify something before continuing??.....

What I have done so far is downgrade my N3DS 9.9.0.26E --> 9.2.0.20E --> then made a sysNAND backup with Decrypt9 as stated with plailects guide.

I have just finished section III. Is section IV necessary - restoring the system ?? If yes do I just do step 3 and skip 1 & 2 as I have a N3DS.
heres the imgur pic of where I am stuck. Sorry for inconvenience.
http://imgur.com/a/eGPup

Please help! Many thanks in advance!!
If you don't update to the latest version after installing a9lh then FBI injection will not work.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then download another rom of the pokemon black 2 game and see if it works.
Oh gosh... I'm so derpy sometimes. Turns out the archive containing wood.nds also had an older firmware alongside it and I didn't even notice when copying it over. Everything works fine now. Your suggestion was right in the end, even though it took me a while to figure that out haha.

Reactions: PrometheusG.

PotatoTheG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Delete all old files that are connected to the HBL "3ds" and "boot.3dsx" and just get the newest starter pack from smea's site. Get the ropbin, drag it to the root of your "target" systems SD Card and re-install the save haxx and see if the HBL launches on your "target" 3DS. Take your time bro, rushing will lead you to a regretful brick if you don't follow the steps carefully.
Alright. It turns out I didn't download the ropbin in the first place, which might explain why it wasn't working. I'll see if this works. Thanks.

ironwolfuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Followed the plailect.github guide and used the Luma updater.

Got the the point where it updated, and now when i hold the left bumper down on start up i get

"An exception occured

ARM9
Undefined instruction"

I tried removing the .bak on the arm9loaderhax.bin, but i still get the same fault, any help?? Thanks in advance

Andy

2pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i need some help, after i followed Plailect's guide i can no longer create a NNID (error 022 2634), i've read somewhere that i can backup my NAND and go back to sysnand to create one there.

Can somebody please give some tips on how to do this, the thread i found providing the solution wasnt very specific or noob friendly, also i need to do a system format to solve another issue, would like to do both things while i'm at it (also need tips for this, to not lose the CFW o my save files).

PotatoTheG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, I did what Posghetti said, and it worked on the first try. Thanks man!

One concern before doing a system transfer though. On the guide it said the source's 3DS would become "non functional" after the transfer. What does this mean exactly? Will it affect my target 3DS in any way?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I did what Posghetti said, and it worked on the first try. Thanks man!

One concern before doing a system transfer though. On the guide it said the source's 3DS would become "non functional" after the transfer. What does this mean exactly? Will it affect my target 3DS in any way?
If you restore the NAND backup from prior to the system transfer, you won't be able to use online services until you either format or get your NNID linked back to it (either with system transfer back from the source or calling Nintendo).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT