• Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guy just got back to me with the hw2test results.
The media is likely to be defective.
7.6 GByte OK (16131639 sectors)
23.5 GByte DATA LOST (49371593 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
23.5 GByte corrupted (49371593 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000001ec4c6e00
Expected: 0x00000001ec4c6e00
Found: 0xf85c3de08e7b8434
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 7.50 MByte/s
Reading speed: 3.27 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Yea, I'd say so. Have them try to copy everything to a pc. Then format the card and see if that fixes the corrupt areas. Then copy the data back to is and check to make sure it isn't written as corrupt data.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I'd say so. Have them try to copy everything to a pc. Then format the card and see if that fixes the corrupt areas. Then copy the data back to is and check to make sure it isn't written as corrupt data.

Well I'm making sure the card was empty when testing it first, lol.

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to luma3ds back in april and have not followed the scene since then. Today I took it out to play Pokemon moon and sun. Thats when I saw lot of things have changed. I was using ctrbootmanager9 to boot into luma3ds. Can I just copy the latest luma3ds.dat and just update to 11.2 on my emunand or does that no longer work?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I been very behind and have a few noob questions.
Have not touched 3ds since Feb. System is ReiNAND NAND 9.2, emuNAND 11.03 (or whatever is lattest version), no A9LH yet. 32 gb SD. N3DS.

Been waiting till I upgrade SD card before going A9LH.
Few questions for now:
1) Planning to upgrade SD card to SanDisk Ultra 64 gb micro. Tried to use emuNAND Tool to back up emuNAND on my 32 gb sd card. It failed, saying could not find emuNAND. WTF? Have not removed SD card since Feb and Laptop is reading SD card (can open folder in it). any ideas why emuNAND Tool is not working as it last worked back in Feb?
2) Incase emuNAND tools does not work I plan to follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
My question there is do I need to reformate my factory new SanDisk Ultra 64 gb micro? I vaguely remember that 64 gb+ sd card need to be formated. Asking since said page didn't say anything about that.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I been very behind and have a few noob questions.
Have not touched 3ds since Feb. System is ReiNAND NAND 9.2, emuNAND 11.03 (or whatever is lattest version), no A9LH yet. 32 gb SD. N3DS.

Been waiting till I upgrade SD card before going A9LH.
Few questions for now:
1) Planning to upgrade SD card to SanDisk Ultra 64 gb micro. Tried to use emuNAND Tool to back up emuNAND on my 32 gb sd card. It failed, saying could not find emuNAND. WTF? Have not removed SD card since Feb and Laptop is reading SD card (can open folder in it). any ideas why emuNAND Tool is not working as it last worked back in Feb?
2) Incase emuNAND tools does not work I plan to follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
My question there is do I need to reformate my factory new SanDisk Ultra 64 gb micro? I vaguely remember that 64 gb+ sd card need to be formated. Asking since said page didn't say anything about that.
Install a9lh now. You will be able to flash emuNAND to sysNAND so not need emuNAND anymore. Then when you get your bigger card all you have to do is format as FAT32 (can use GuiFormat) then copy and paste the files over.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I updated to luma3ds back in april and have not followed the scene since then. Today I took it out to play Pokemon moon and sun. Thats when I saw lot of things have changed. I was using ctrbootmanager9 to boot into luma3ds. Can I just copy the latest luma3ds.dat and just update to 11.2 on my emunand or does that no longer work?
If you get Luma updater (a cia) it will get the latest files for you. Then you can update your emuNAND from the System Settings.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install a9lh now. You will be able to flash emuNAND to sysNAND so not need emuNAND anymore. Then when you get your bigger card all you have to do is format as FAT32 (can use GuiFormat) then copy and paste the files over.
GuiFormat?

I'm confused. no need to transfer stuff? why do a9lh first? I have my new SD card btw.

btw, new recommened cfw luma3ds?

Also, to go do a9lh, this is the current guide right?
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As kitty says you can install LumaUpdater and you can update from there. Alternatively, you can download the latest version and copy over the arm9loaderhax.bin file, and name it appropriately so that ctrbootmanager9 can find it.

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm posting in the N00b thread, because I feel a little overwhelmed by all of the information out there and am a little confused...
I have 4 O3DS, each with 4.1-4.5 sysNAND and running GATEWAY with 11.xx emuNAND. (No, I didn't waste my money buying all this last month. I've had these for a couple years or more.)
I also have one N3DS XL that I recently bought on ebay, premodded with A9LH preinstalled, and *I believe* LumaDS CFW.

My usage:
I own multiple 3DS so I can play with my nieces, either multiplayer, or just give them something to do when adults are otherwise occupied, on trips, etc.
I do not use much homebrew or such, just regular gaming. I do like to play with cheats on some games.

Where to go?
I like the idea of booting directly into emuNAND because I'm afraid that someday one of my nieces will accidentally update the sysNAND.
I've read that GATEWAY's A9LH installer is not the best way to go.
If so, what should I do with all of my O3DS?
If I set up regular A9LH, does that require updating beyond 4.5 and making the GATEWAY CARDS useless? (Including the BLUE card, that also serves as a DS Flashcart)

What then?
So if I'm not using GATEWAY, how do I load games?
I have yet to play any games on my pre-hacked N3DS XL, because... where do I put the games? How do I load them?
I'm sure the information is out there, but I've apparently looked in all the wrong places, because I can't find it.
Do I just convert games to CIA and install them all as CIA?
Can I still use cheats without GATEWAY?

Thanks for any help!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm posting in the N00b thread, because I feel a little overwhelmed by all of the information out there and am a little confused...
I have 4 O3DS, each with 4.1-4.5 sysNAND and running GATEWAY with 11.xx emuNAND. (No, I didn't waste my money buying all this last month. I've had these for a couple years or more.)
I also have one N3DS XL that I recently bought on ebay, premodded with A9LH preinstalled, and *I believe* LumaDS CFW.

My usage:
I own multiple 3DS so I can play with my nieces, either multiplayer, or just give them something to do when adults are otherwise occupied, on trips, etc.
I do not use much homebrew or such, just regular gaming. I do like to play with cheats on some games.

Where to go?
I like the idea of booting directly into emuNAND because I'm afraid that someday one of my nieces will accidentally update the sysNAND. Not a fear with A9LH as you use updated sysNAND.
I've read that GATEWAY's A9LH installer is not the best way to go. It sucks.
If so, what should I do with all of my O3DS?
If I set up regular A9LH, does that require updating beyond 4.5 and making the GATEWAY CARDS useless? (Including the BLUE card, that also serves as a DS Flashcart) Yes and no.

What then?
So if I'm not using GATEWAY, how do I load games? Gateway or just by installing them to the SD card.
I have yet to play any games on my pre-hacked N3DS XL, because... where do I put the games? How do I load them? Install a game as a CIA via FBI, download something like FreeShop and use that to download games, etc.
I'm sure the information is out there, but I've apparently looked in all the wrong places, because I can't find it. It's there. There's an iso site regarding this 3ds stuff as well. Google for it. It cannot be named here, as it's illegal.
Do I just convert games to CIA and install them all as CIA? You can, or get CIA from that iso site, or install from Nintendo's servers, visa vi FreeShop.
Can I still use cheats without GATEWAY? Some cheats, yes. You will not be able to use cheats on games that use extended ram. You can use NTR to use cheats, once converted to that format.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: First check up here ^ in the quote, as I replied inline via bold text.

A9LH: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started <--Read every word and follow every step. Do not overthink it. Just do it.
Gateway A9LHv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

During the A9LH process you can transfer your emuNAND over to your sysNAND, or you can keep it, or just get rid of it. The cool thing now is to just use updated sysNAND. A9LH cannot be removed or undone by Nintendo updates, so it's always okay to update your system. This also allows you to play games online without a problem.

Any game installed as a CIA, or through FreeShop, can be played online without consequences. Same with DLC.

Reactions: Quantumcat

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i recently got someone to hack my old 3ds and put luma 3ds on it.

i have a new 3ds with official 11.2 firm. how i can downgrade my new 3ds using cfw old 3ds??

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!
So for any 3DS that I want to use cheats for games that use extended RAM, I should keep GATEWAY and use emuNAND?
(I can still install A9LH, but I have to stay on an older sysNAND to boot the GATEWAY CFW, right?)
For the others, by updating sysNAND to 11+, that makes the GATEWAY Red Card useless, right?
Would the Blue Card still work as a DS flashcart?
For regular 3DS games I have now for Gateway that are in .3ds format, am I correct in understanding that to play these without GATEWAY they need to be converted to CIA and installed with FBI?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!
So for any 3DS that I want to use cheats for games that use extended RAM, I should keep GATEWAY and use emuNAND?
(I can still install A9LH, but I have to stay on an older sysNAND to boot the GATEWAY CFW, right?)
For the others, by updating sysNAND to 11+, that makes the GATEWAY Red Card useless, right?
Would the Blue Card still work as a DS flashcart?
For regular 3DS games I have now for Gateway that are in .3ds format, am I correct in understanding that to play these without GATEWAY they need to be converted to CIA and installed with FBI?

No, you can use Gateway with updated sysnand. Read the entire thread I posted.

Yes to the 3DS game question. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/ Or, as I said, obtained from that iso site or a program such as FreeShop.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Cythral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I followed plailect's guide a few months back, and am currently on 11.1.0-34E, my new3dsXL says there is an update available, tried to find a thread about it but couldn't find it. Can someone link me to it? Or tell me if it's safe to update? Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I followed plailect's guide a few months back, and am currently on 11.1.0-34E, my new3dsXL says there is an update available, tried to find a thread about it but couldn't find it. Can someone link me to it? Or tell me if it's safe to update? Thanks!
Update Luma (use Luma Updater or just get the latest arm9loaderhax.bin and replace yours), then update through System Settings.

Kurona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already done installing Luma3ds and few days pass,i can't access to my emunand even if i hold L button(type 1in menuhax config)and the worst my sysnand internet browser version is updated even though im in 9.2 firmware.

Need help!

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As kitty says you can install LumaUpdater and you can update from there. Alternatively, you can download the latest version and copy over the arm9loaderhax.bin file, and name it appropriately so that ctrbootmanager9 can find it.

so my bootmanager is looking for luma3ds.dat. Should I rename the arm9loaderhax.bin to luma3ds.dat or should I use the luma3ds.dat that is in the zip file under the mset-spider folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqydVNaLR1w