Country
France

theplasmastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may then want to use luma's region emulation option. Refer to this guide: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage . Go to the Enable region/language emulation and external .code section
Sorry. Should have mentioned that I did try that in my very first post about this issue.
It doesn't work. I don't think title emulation is perfect. For example, US versions of Mario & Luigi RPGs do not boot on eur, even with emulation.

Edit: Dang just did the region xfer (I had a nand backup so I am not sure why I was even worrying in the first place).
Turns out in order to region xfer it needs to wipe system memory.
This is going to be a more hands on project than I thought, if I want to xfer my saves and stuff

Last edited by theplasmastorm,

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry. Should have mentioned that I did try that in my very first post about this issue.
It doesn't work. I don't think title emulation is perfect. For example, US versions of Mario & Luigi RPGs do not boot on eur, even with emulation
Then I don't have answers, sorry. Wait a little until someone more experienced answers you.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
I've a problem while selecting a cartridge game on Homebrew 11.1.0-34
When I select it I get a yellow screen
This problem does not occur if I choose a game/app installed on my console.
(I'm using steelhaxx, the cartridge is "Pokemon Omega Ruby")

Last edited by C0mm4nd_,

Timmerito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that this is a very stupid question, but gonna ask it now:
I have downgraded my normal 3ds to 9.2 and now i want to have a Emunand, but I can't find a tutorial with how to make an Emunand. I didn't use AL9H because it sounds pretty diffecult. So my question is: How do i setup an Emunand on my 9.2 old 3ds? Only things i found on the internet is Emunand9 and Decrypt9, can i use that programs, or are there better programs now? Only found http://hacked3ds.blogspot.nl/2016/01/how-to-install-emunand-to-your-92-3ds.html as tutorial, but don't know if it is a good tutorial.

And sorry for my bad english, hopefully someone can help me.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think that this is a very stupid question, but gonna ask it now:
I have downgraded my normal 3ds to 9.2 and now i want to have a Emunand, but I can't find a tutorial with how to make an Emunand. I didn't use AL9H because it sounds pretty diffecult. So my question is: How do i setup an Emunand on my 9.2 old 3ds? Only things i found on the internet is Emunand9 and Decrypt9, can i use that programs, or are there better programs now? Only found http://hacked3ds.blogspot.nl/2016/01/how-to-install-emunand-to-your-92-3ds.html as tutorial, but don't know if it is a good tutorial.

And sorry for my bad english, hopefully someone can help me.
Follow this guide for it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@drew after counting the imagesize on the db site, you would reach about 275,456, which is about roughly 27 gb - give or take. most of the games that are not popular franchises you have in your collection are under 1 gb.

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
@drew after counting the imagesize on the db site, you would reach about 275,456, which is about roughly 27 gb - give or take. most of the games that are not popular franchises you have in your collection are under 1 gb.
Thatnk you so much!

ciaxel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a couple of questions. There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around regarding region changing an imported n3ds and I'd like some clarification if possible.

1. I plan on buying a JPN/EUR n3DS to install CFW on and region change to US (since I want the black edition). I'd like to system transfer the data on my o3DSXL to my n3DS afterward. However, there's an NNID associated with my o3DSXL. Would there be any potential dangers in performing a system transfer (i.e. Nintendo being able to tell that I performed a region change on a JPN/EUR n3DS once the NNID is exchanged)?

2. Would there be any downsides to region changing an imported n3DS as opposed to swapping the shells of a limited edition NA n3ds bundle and the imported n3ds in question?

3. Plailect's guide states that I can access the eShop on a region changed n3ds if I install A9LH+Luma without ever accessing the eShop on the original region. However, there are several recent posts (within the last month) stating that this is impossible. Was there a recent breakthrough in surpassing this?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a couple of questions. There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around regarding region changing an imported n3ds and I'd like some clarification if possible.

1. I plan on buying a JPN/EUR n3DS to install CFW on and region change to US (since I want the black edition). I'd like to system transfer the data on my o3DSXL to my n3DS afterward. However, there's an NNID associated with my o3DSXL. Would there be any potential dangers in performing a system transfer (i.e. Nintendo being able to tell that I performed a region change on a JPN/EUR n3DS once the NNID is exchanged)?

2. Would there be any downsides to region changing an imported n3DS as opposed to swapping the shells of a limited edition NA n3ds bundle and the imported n3ds in question?

3. Plailect's guide states that I can access the eShop on a region changed n3ds if I install A9LH+Luma without ever accessing the eShop on the original region. However, there are several recent posts (within the last month) stating that this is impossible. Was there a recent breakthrough in surpassing this?
Almost every post related region-changing that I've seen has said that accessing the eShop after a region change was impossible, regardless of system. Also, after a region change, I do believe you can't do a system transfer. I could be entirely wrong but this is all based on what I've read. I haven't read a single post where anyone said that the eShop or system transfer worked.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

ciaxel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost every post related region-changing that I've seen has said that accessing the eShop after a region change was impossible, regardless of system. Also, after a region change, I do believe you can't do a system transfer. I could be entirely wrong but this is all based on what I've read. I haven't read a single post where anyone said that the eShop or system transfer worked.

from Plailect's guide @ https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and any Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

This is the part that really confuses me. Is it not possible or is it? I really wish Plailect would elaborate more on this in his guide. :I

Last edited by ciaxel,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from Plailect's guide @ https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

This is the part that really confuses me. Is it not possible or is it?
I can't tell you for sure. All I have read has said that it's not possible at all. No one that I've seen has gotten it to work. On my 2DS, I couldn't get the eShop to work even after following Plailect's guide AND creating a new NNID afterwards.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: proflayton123

ciaxel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell you for sure. All I have has said that it's not possible at all. No one that I've seen has gotten it to work. On my 2DS, I couldn't get the eShop to work even after following Plailect's guide AND creating a new NNID afterwards.

Mmkay. I guess I'll have to buy a white NA n3ds instead. :C Damn region lock to hell. Thanks for your help though!!

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have several questions.
1) Does ticket.db being erased after factory reset?
2) Is there a way to fully remove all modifications from 3DS firmware? I mean to return 3DS to its "fresh new" state. IIRC just removing a9lh isn't enough as some system files were modified and some not original tickets being present. Also some cias are left by downgrading (and later upgrading?).
3) Is there somewhere a list of all system cias for every firmware? I just want to check all cias 1 by 1 and remove nonofficial ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn