• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've copied it multiple times from my inital SD incase it corrupted while transferring, and the arm9loaderhax.bin isnt corrupted as everything still works when using my old SD.
Are you sure your bigger SD card is not a fake. SD cards that aren't bought from well-known vendors can sometimes be counterfeit. They will show up to anything you put them in as their advertised size, but they are actually much smaller and will simply start to corrupt if you go over their actual data amount.

anuraag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure your bigger SD card is not a fake. SD cards that aren't bought from well-known vendors can sometimes be counterfeit. They will show up to anything you put them in as their advertised size, but they are actually much smaller and will simply start to corrupt if you go over their actual data amount.

I got a samsung 64gb evo from a well rated ebay seller with thousands of reviews, so I would hope it wasn't the vendor. It is a micro SD card, and my old one is a normal SD, so could that potentially pose a problem? I know it isnt the adapter as I have tried to use a few different ones.

stuntmanjoe94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when do i install a game with the freeshop, does it delete the cia file? i just dont want double file on my sd...and if it doesnt where can i find it?

Freeshop installs them directly if I recall correctly. That means; you press a button to download them, once it's done you close the freeshop, you get a message new software has been installed and there is your new game. No CIA file on your SD card as leftover.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Anybody please answer my query I am getting a good deal on a new 3ds xl motherboard. So if I change the main board will it restore my 3ds? It is currently bricked

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well considering by the way you sound you need a primary exploit so i guess Freaky hax would be best. or cubic ninja, but good lucking finding a copy for inexpesive prices. Scalpers are not gonna play nice. :(

I honestly think your better off trying to get smash hax to work. finding one of the other secondary exploits (one requiring save files exploits) and power saves could be cheaper in my opinion or at least one person who can run homebrew to help would be cheaper than buying freaky forms deluxe or cubic ninja from scalpers :)

But since you have one option , and want to save money, you should keep trying or maybe follow the guide. Ask for help on setup if you need it. Don't buy games you don't honestly want just for exploit, or stuff like over priced items will happen. (of course is one reason why is expensive now)

thanks i got ubuntu working and i can perform the xploit and have the system crash consistently but i cannot get it to load the homebrew payload completely it freezes on a red screen for me. I am using a PCAP for v1.0.1 for other than us because i cannot find that pcap for a us cartridge. anyone have any tips?

I have SSB so it is the cheapest way for me at the moment but if anyone can vouch for one of the hax with power-saves being fool proof i will gladly buy it.

UPDATE: Got it working thanks to yellows8. Now going to attempt the downgrade.

Last edited by Felix954,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Anybody please answer my query I am getting a good deal on a new 3ds xl motherboard. So if I change the main board will it restore my 3ds? It is currently bricked
Yes it should do, assuming neither of your screens or anything are broken. The motherboard is basically the 3ds itself so replacing the motherboard is like getting a new console but keeping the skin and limbs of the old one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a samsung 64gb evo from a well rated ebay seller with thousands of reviews, so I would hope it wasn't the vendor. It is a micro SD card, and my old one is a normal SD, so could that potentially pose a problem? I know it isnt the adapter as I have tried to use a few different ones.
If you want to be sure your SD card is not fake, run it through a read/write check with h2testw (it will take several hours, and delete your stuff so back up first)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question and don't know if it can even be answered easily or was already hinted at. So how likely is getting firmware 10.6.0 or higher, wen buying a new 3ds xl in Europe right now in a store or at Amazon for example. I just read that the new monster hunter generations bundle is likely to have 10.7 or even 11 installed already.
I would say 11.0 firmware on a new console is incredibly unlikely. I have heard someone say there were reports of it but they had nothing to back that up. Not only would there have to actually exist an 11.0 firmware console but you'd have to get a console that was freshly out of the factory. I don't remember any time in the 3DS' history where new consoles have come with the latest version. Even newly manufactured ones are always 1-2 firmware behind the most recent. It's only because 10.6 was such a while ago now that we are seeing any 10.7 consoles.

Reactions: mercenary96

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi!
I have 9.2.0-20E sysnand and 11.0.0-33E Rednand and FBI which I got all these installed(downgrade+REDnand +FBI) from plailetc's guide.
I installed freeshop and PHBank too and they run nice.I have recently seen that a new update for FBI is out.(I remember injecting it back in june to H&S following Plailect's Guide)

My Noob Question is:How do you safely update FBI,Freeshop,PHBank etc. when a new version is out?

Thank you!
(I think I saw somewhere in gbatemp that I have to reinject FBI but I don't remember very well)

Adryel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
11.0 here what are the primary hacks that I can use just to enter homebrew channel? are there also news about the Browser/Menuhax will work for 11.0?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a micro sd card with adaptor, switch to a Regular sd card. It is better in this case.
If you ignore my first noticed, make sure your sd card is formatted to fat32 format, for better compatibiliy.
Make sure the sd card is fitting perfectly inside the slot. :unsure:
thanks i got ubuntu working and i can perform the xploit and have the system crash consistently but i cannot get it to load the homebrew payload completely it freezes on a red screen for me. I am using a PCAP for v1.0.1 for other than us because i cannot find that pcap for a us cartridge. anyone have any tips?

I have SSB so it is the cheapest way for me at the moment but if anyone can vouch for one of the hax with power-saves being fool proof i will gladly buy it.

UPDATE: Got it working thanks to yellows8. Now going to attempt the downgrade.
Red screens are common, boot rate accuracy is not 100% so keep trying eventually you will get through, also make sure boot.3dsx is not courrpted.
hi!
I have 9.2.0-20E sysnand and 11.0.0-33E Rednand and FBI which I got all these installed(downgrade+REDnand +FBI) from plailetc's guide.
I installed freeshop and PHBank too and they run nice.I have recently seen that a new update for FBI is out.(I remember injecting it back in june to H&S following Plailect's Guide)

My Noob Question is:How do you safely update FBI,Freeshop,PHBank etc. when a new version is out?

Thank you!
(I think I saw somewhere in gbatemp that I have to reinject FBI but I don't remember very well)
FBI has a update function from the app, if your running a more recent version of 2.3.3
If your files are 3dsx run through homebrew launcher, then Just replace the files with updated ones.
If you are using cia installs through fbi installer just copy the update cia over and install it again.
Also you can use this page to scan qr codes for homebrew apps to install directly which is always updated.
https://titledb.com
There is also a app that lets you download homebrew just the same
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebr3w-simple-homebrew-browser-and-installer.434105/
After installing this (Either by cia or scanning qr code on page with fbi) You can just run the homebrew browser program and it will notify you of updates of apps you have, you can simply just download them there.
11.0 here what are the primary hacks that I can use just to enter homebrew channel? are there also news about the Browser/Menuhax will work for 11.0?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
The page list most common used homebrew entry points. Some may require save data transfer through datel powersaves device or someone who already has access to homebrew on their 3ds and a gamecard to replace save data with.
Of course some are more complicated than others while smash hax require linux and such, to freakyhax needing to scan qr codes. But as long as you can get your hands on appropriate software title then you should be okay. Please read all the notoes before choosing.:teach:

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can use smashhax no problem now but get stuck on "HAX INIT" when trying to downgrade through plailect guide. I coppied and merged the two different 3ds folders and the update folder. I also run a different homebrew app like menuhax or face tracking and press b to exit back into homebrew launcher like the guide says. any tips on getting this to work?

Last edited by Felix954,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can use smashhax no problem now but get stuck on "HAX INT" when trying to downgrade through plailect guide. I coppied and merged the two different 3ds folders and the update folder. I also run a different homebrew app like menuhax or face tracking and press b to exit back into homebrewlauncher like the guide says. any tips on getting this to work?
Delete the update folder and recopy the required one, What did the guide say?

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did it tell you to do?
  1. "If you are stuck on "HAX INIT", power off your 3DS by holding the power button and try again (this can take many tries)"
problem is it told me the same thing for smash hax, when yellows8 told me all i needed was to download and place the starter.zip so i'm wondering if the same thing is happening now and im retrying 20+ times for no reason.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. "If you are stuck on "HAX INIT", power off your 3DS by holding the power button and try again (this can take many tries)"
problem is it told me the same thing for smash hax, when yellows8 told me all i needed was to download and place the starter.zip so i'm wondering if the same thing is happening now and im retrying 20+ times for no reason.
Your trying to downgrade to 9.2.0 on new 3ds? Make sure you use the correct files for your system NEW 9.2.0 USA
Then you open plaisystemupdater. And proceed to downgrade.
MAKE SURE TO CREATE NAND BACKUP FIRST! :teach:

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your trying to downgrade to 9.2.0 on new 3ds? Make sure you use the correct files for your system NEW 9.2.0 USA
Then you open plaisystemupdater. And proceed to downgrade.
MAKE SURE TO CREATE NAND BACKUP FIRST! :teach:
I downloaded the correct new 9.2.0 , dont know how to create a NAND backup yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn