• Views 4,529,448
  • Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes even downloading updates have been effect the same way, most of the times i just feel like is all the sd card fault, sd cards are not very reliable for long time use. Unlike the memroy sticks which seem to be better made. Wish nintendo use better storage devices than sd cards, or somone fix Sd cards.:unsure:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sometimes even downloading updates have been effect the same way, most of the times i just feel like is all the sd card fault, sd cards are not very reliable for long time use. Unlike the memroy sticks which seem to be better made. Wish nintendo use better storage devices than sd cards, or somone fix Sd cards.:unsure:
SD cards are better, if only because they're so cheap and easy to get. Maybe they fail too often but you can always buy another 8GB card for like $10 or less :-)

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD cards are better, if only because they're so cheap and easy to get. Maybe they fail too often but you can always buy another 8GB card for like $10 or less :-)
That's a lot for an 8GB. I can get 32GB mSD Class10 for US$12 dollars at my local MicroCenter. I can find it cheaper on Play-Asia for US$8.00 dollars. I import a lot from Play-Asia, but usually not the SD Cards, cause I buy them on impulse. Also, if I get a fake, it's so much easier to return.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: Quantumcat

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, my micro SD card seems to have become corrupt. I have a few possible backups of the micro SD card, and I believe I have some emu/sysnand backups as well. I had followed the current version of Plailect's guide, and I think I'm on cakesFW with arm9lh.

Whenever I try to restore the SD data to a different card, I get SD card errors when I try to launch programs. Is there any way to restore my data and get everything working again?

I also noticed a lot of titles without names in system management / FBI / etc., some with a size of 0, some with the size of a game.

Thanks in advance!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a lot for an 8GB. I can get 32GB mSD Class10 for US$12 dollars at my local MicroCenter. I can find it cheaper on Play-Asia for US$8.00 dollars. I import a lot from Play-Asia, but usually not the SD Cards, cause I buy them on impulse. Also, if I get a fake, it's so much easier to return.
There are fake sd cards? :O

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
presumably. ciangel, which is effectively the same thing.
ciangel is pretty finicky witgh big files. what firmware are u on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That seems unlikely, Nintendo stopped blocking DS flashcarts in 7.0. (i.e. if it worked in 7.1 it'll work in 11.0). You can install flashcardtimewarp.cia which will reactive are flashcarts that were blocked. You can use ApacheThunder's TWL mod to reactivate carts that were blocked on the DSi.

You can actually follow the guide completely as written and get rid of your emuNAND (the guide will get you to flash it to sysNAND). Then, you'll be able to set it up so Gateway either boots automatically, or boots when you hold a button at start up. In my opinion this is the best way to go. Keeping emuNAND has many disadvantages. You will want to use the launcher from 3.7.1 for this (the 4.0b one has an annoying popup every time you boot up Gateway in sysNAND mode).

Go to system settings, other settings, then system update.

It depends what your buyer will pay really. If you're in a city with a big population you have a better chance at getting a good price. I would start off advertising it at double what a used console is worth, and reduce it every few days till you get a bite. If you include a link to the Plailect guide in your ad then people might be more impressed by it (otherwise they don't know if it takes ten minutes like the Wii or is actually a time-consuming job). Posters at your local shops are useful too because then you can attract some non-tech-savvy people that don't know how to browse online classifieds, or who weren't necessarily looking for a 3DS but wanted one when they saw your ad. Good luck.
will this remove a9lh? as i saw a reddit that said otherwise

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is there any guide for randomizing oras and xy?

Also is there an cia app to wirelessly connect to ur pc? (SD card)

Last edited by Nickm23,

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
thank you :)
No problem. As for the CIA app, I think you're asking for an FTP server. I'm using this one at the moment: https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/
You'll need an FTP client on your PC (FileZilla for example) and all you do is enter the IP and port (shown in the 3DS app) into the client while the app is open and you'll be able to manage your files from your PC :)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No problem. As for the CIA app, I think you're asking for an FTP server. I'm using this one at the moment: https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/
You'll need an FTP client on your PC (FileZilla for example) and all you do is enter the IP and port (shown in the 3DS app) into the client while the app is open and you'll be able to manage your files from your PC :)

yep thats the one i used before (i forgotthe name )

Thanks once again! ^^

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems unlikely, Nintendo stopped blocking DS flashcarts in 7.0. (i.e. if it worked in 7.1 it'll work in 11.0). You can install flashcardtimewarp.cia which will reactive are flashcarts that were blocked. You can use ApacheThunder's TWL mod to reactivate carts that were blocked on the DSi.

You can actually follow the guide completely as written and get rid of your emuNAND (the guide will get you to flash it to sysNAND). Then, you'll be able to set it up so Gateway either boots automatically, or boots when you hold a button at start up. In my opinion this is the best way to go. Keeping emuNAND has many disadvantages. You will want to use the launcher from 3.7.1 for this (the 4.0b one has an annoying popup every time you boot up Gateway in sysNAND mode).

Go to system settings, other settings, then system update.

It depends what your buyer will pay really. If you're in a city with a big population you have a better chance at getting a good price. I would start off advertising it at double what a used console is worth, and reduce it every few days till you get a bite. If you include a link to the Plailect guide in your ad then people might be more impressed by it (otherwise they don't know if it takes ten minutes like the Wii or is actually a time-consuming job). Posters at your local shops are useful too because then you can attract some non-tech-savvy people that don't know how to browse online classifieds, or who weren't necessarily looking for a 3DS but wanted one when they saw your ad. Good luck.
I installed the Apache Thunder TWL yesterday but it also gave me a black screen. Did I messed up the installation? I'll try to use theflashcardtimewarp.cia hoping that it works.. I know my flashcart works because I tried it out on my DS lite and it worked.

DustingtonZDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well a hardmod is not required if he wants Homebrew only, but the Pokemon Super Mistery Dungeon exploit does not work on version 11.0 AFAIK so you'll need a copy of Freaky Forms Deluxe.
And I spent all my money figuring out which homebrew game will work... And now I don't have the money to buy Freaky Forms Deluxe...
shit

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
But I also own OoT3D can I get homebrew via that?
No, you need another 3DS with homebrew on it already or a PowerSaves. For PSMD you need another 3DS with homebrew (PowerSaves won't work). FreakyForms Deluxe is the only cartridge game that will work without needing anything else. Cubic Ninja may get updated for 11.0 but might not.
IMO your best bet is to buy another console on 10.5 or less so you can hack it for free, and sell the 11.0 one. All brand new consoles should have 10.5 or less. For second hand ones make sure you ask the seller before buying.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you need another 3DS with homebrew on it already or a PowerSaves. For PSMD you need another 3DS with homebrew (PowerSaves won't work). FreakyForms Deluxe is the only cartridge game that will work without needing anything else. Cubic Ninja may get updated for 11.0 but might not.
IMO your best bet is to buy another console on 10.5 or less so you can hack it for free, and sell the 11.0 one. All brand new consoles should have 10.5 or less. For second hand ones make sure you ask the seller before buying.
Ocarina of time has been recently updated to work on 11.0.0-33, I used it myself for testing. It works, but as you said, need power saves or homebrew with save manager to use. If oot has been updated, i think cubic ninja is or will be soon.:)

https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...