• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can complete the process without restoring emuNAND_formatted.bin, but you'll need to start from the beginning of Part 4 of the guide.

thanks for the help! im at part 5 now, but I cant decide between reiNAND and cakes. not sure which one to choose or if I even need to do part 5 and just be satisfied completing part 4 of the guide

the guide says tht reiNAND is noob friendly, but I googled around and apparently it's only work for N3ds? (i have O3ds)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the help! im at part 5 now, but I cant decide between reiNAND and cakes. not sure which one to choose or if I even need to do part 5 and just be satisfied completing part 4 of the guide

the guide says tht reiNAND is noob friendly, but I googled around and apparently it's only work for N3ds? (i have O3ds)
Yes, ReiNAND is an N3DS only CFW, but the guide uses a modified version of ReiNAND called AuReiNAND, which is O3DS compatible. Personally, I use Cakes, but AuReiNAND can do everything you'll need as well. You should follow Part 5 of the guide, as that'll let you get CFW up and running.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, ReiNAND is an N3DS only CFW, but the guide uses a modified version of ReiNAND called AuReiNAND, which is O3DS compatible. Personally, I use Cakes, but AuReiNAND can do everything you'll need as well. You should follow Part 5 of the guide, as that'll let you get CFW up and running.

Ah I see, would you mind telling me why you chiose Cakes over ReiNAND? I know that there's a lot of debate going on over this, but since I'm not too knowledgeable, I just want to follow the ones that is commonly use and is often updated

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah I see, would you mind telling me why you chiose Cakes over ReiNAND? I know that there's a lot of debate going on over this, but since I'm not too knowledgeable, I just want to follow the ones that is commonly use and is often updated
I chose it just in case I ever want to use any of the more advanced features it offers. Cakes has been around for a long time and is updated often. The original ReiNAND has been around for a long time as well and is also updated often. AuReiNAND is still fairly new, but it seems to be getting updated often as well. It's easy to switch between CFWs if you decide you want to change to a different one at some point.

Reactions: Cybil99

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's one for ya! FBI launched through Homebrew Launcher won't install any of the CIAs I've tried, and neither DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, nor FBI will run as .3ds files on Gateway mode EmuNAND. Why would that happen?

I'm on a N3DS, SysNAND 9.2, EmuNAND 10.7, if it means anything. The only way to even make it run though is HBL on SysNAND.

Still having this issue. Still just as clueless... T_T

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes it is safe to update, but you'll also need to update Gateway as well.
Thanks for the response.

I know that the latest GW firmware supports the latest system firmware on emuNAND on N3DS, but I wanted to confirm that the method of upgrading the emuNAND is the same as on O3DS. Installing a downloaded update on emuNAND won't affect the sysNAND in any way, right? Yes, I'm paranoid :ph34r:

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does anyone know what the best DS flashcart is the best to get for my 3DS? I'd like one of the ones that have GBA and SNES compatibility and run DS homebrew as well as normal DS roms but I'm not really sure which to get.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have found a pretty good flashcart.

Last edited by Real_Redwolf,

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, everything will still work after installing A9lh.
Thank you for replying. Now, I'm sure I will make the move from emuNAND to updated sysNAND via A9LH. I've not yet attempted to install and run any GBA games. With an A9LH sysNAND CFW setup, would it be necessary to install a patched AGB_FIRM?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for replying. Now, I'm sure I will make the move from emuNAND to updated sysNAND via A9LH. I've not yet attempted to install and run any GBA games. With an A9LH sysNAND CFW setup, would it be necessary to install a patched AGB_FIRM?
I believe Cakes needs the patched AGB_FIRM, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Reactions: Mythrandir

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I chose it just in case I ever want to use any of the more advanced features it offers. Cakes has been around for a long time and is updated often. The original ReiNAND has been around for a long time as well and is also updated often. AuReiNAND is still fairly new, but it seems to be getting updated often as well. It's easy to switch between CFWs if you decide you want to change to a different one at some point.
Ah i see, thank you so much for all your help!! :D

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, thought I post here rather than creating a new thread :)

I recently moved to updated sysnand from emunand and on my updated sysnand I had badge arcade installed but I recently uninstalled it because I was banned :shy:

Anyway, I have some great badges on one sdcard but would like to move them to another, anyone know what folder i need to copy and paste? If it helps the Badge Arcade ID was: 0004000000153500

Also, I'd like to do the same thing with my installed themes. If it helps, the op I obtained the themes from had this to say with respect to updating theme content;
"It is recommended to delete previous theme DLC before installing a new one. Under devmenu/bbbmenu theme ID is 0008F CTR-M-HMME-00"

Last edited by democracy,

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prob been asked before but is it possible to do like Pokemon money cheats and item cheats on my 3ds for Pokemon neo x. I don't have a flash cart just home brew with rx tools

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how would I go about building a modded .cia file? I find installing .cia files a lot more convenient than running patches through HANS, and I don't even know how to use NTR. That said, the only guide I could find about making a modded .cia that was comprehensible to me used a tool that only applies to Pokemon roms, and specifically mentioned that it doesn't work on anything else. I found makerom, but I don't know much of anything about using command line, and I also can't even figure out what kind of input I'd need to be using.

KillerSmurf10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Howdy Hi,

So I have picked up my 3ds after a couple of years.
Updated it al, without thinking.. it is now on firmware 10.7.

What I would like to know is...
How do I downgrade (if possible, point me to a step by step)
Also Flashcards... Which is the best/most future proof, I have seen the Gateway and sky3ds; which seem to be the best.
Any thoughts? Any help greatly appreciated.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy Hi,

So I have picked up my 3ds after a couple of years.
Updated it al, without thinking.. it is now on firmware 10.7.

What I would like to know is...
How do I downgrade (if possible, point me to a step by step)
Also Flashcards... Which is the best/most future proof, I have seen the Gateway and sky3ds; which seem to be the best.
Any thoughts? Any help greatly appreciated.
To downgrade, you don't have many options. The one that I, and many others will recommend, is by first going to your local Gamestop (or wherever they sell games) and buying Ocarina of Time and Powersaves. Once you do that, you have to inject an exploited save into OOT using Powersaves.
I'm not too knowledgeable with flashcards, but tbh, don't use them. They're a waste of money and at this point and we have free and better alternatives.

Last edited by Just Passing By,

KillerSmurf10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay then, so Buy OOT and a FLASHSAVE (which i have already ordered earlier today), and then what? (link perhaps?)

Regarding the flashcard, I was just toying with the idea of playing downloaded ROMS etc, what are the FREE/BETTER alternatives?
Thanks!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: KillerSmurf10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out