• Views 4,574,789
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SVDT is a homebrew application, you just need homebrew to launch it.

Then why would he go through the effort of updating the guide months after he wrote it to include the new part about installing hblauncher first?

And have you used svdt before? Can you shed some light on my questions?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then why would he go through the effort of updating the guide months after he wrote it to include the new part about installing hblauncher first?

And have you used svdt before? Can you shed some light on my questions?

I haven't decided to grab a9lh yet, but I know what's going on here.

You'd want to grab HBL as a cia because that's for Emunand, and you would back up all your saves before downgrading it.

I personally don't use svdt, but I'm pretty sure that it only backs up the saves of retail carts and downloaded games.

svdt will back up all save data every time it launches, so if you can target it in SVDT, it will most likely be automatically backed up.

Whether you want to back up carts is up to you, because it is not part of Emunand.

Reactions: OrGoN3

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Edit:
should i restore SysNAND and retry Hans etc. ?

Use RxTools or FreeMultiPatcher.

Thanks. Maybe I missed any steps, I cant figure it out. Previous attempts:

// 1. Methods tried: Region Three, Region Four, Hans, Free Multi Patcher, [another older cia, name forgotten].

2. Symptom: game cards (US) being loaded 2 seconds then freezed, hanged. The same game cards can load successfully on another US new3dsXL.

3. System: old3dsLL(J) 9.2 both SysNAND and EmuNAND, can run rxtools rx-S, rxtools rx-E, PasteCFW, Cakes. //

Last edited by emuashui,

FrankieLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unlinked my nands and no matter WHAT I do, I can't play GBA games. I uninstalled, and reinstalled the patched cia, the original, and tried without it in general and nothing works.
I can't uninstall the games off sysnand because I was told if i go to data management itll erase ALL MY games! I installed them on nand on sysnand and the nand on emunand. NOTHING WORKS!

I really wanna play some GBA on my 3ds, can someone help? :(

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I unlinked my nands and no matter WHAT I do, I can't play GBA games. I uninstalled, and reinstalled the patched cia, the original, and tried without it in general and nothing works.
I can't uninstall the games off sysnand because I was told if i go to data management itll erase ALL MY games! I installed them on nand on sysnand and the nand on emunand. NOTHING WORKS!

I really wanna play some GBA on my 3ds, can someone help? :(

google "gba cia pre-requisite help gba destination unlinked sd".

SaintTiduz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm using plailect guide but only until part 3 (using cakescfw on emunand, cfw 10.5)
I've installed some cia games and few of thoses games show message of new update.
Is it okay if I just directly update the game via eshop?

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i tried that and still nothing works. I tried reinstalling the agb firm and uninstalling, and the games still wont load...

Also if it helps I can't install anything to SD on sysnand

Search and try: devmenu620_repack.cia , old3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia/new3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia (depending on your old/new 3ds type).

FrankieLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search and try: devmenu620_repack.cia , old3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia/new3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia (depending on your old/new 3ds type).
I've got both of those. My real issue is, I can't install the gba games on my sysNand using SD. I installed the games to nand and they didnt work so i deleted them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY