• Likes 43

Mattex96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I am having some troubles with themes on Reinand 10.5, sysnand 9.2

I just logged in my Nintendo Network ID for the pokè bank, and I am trying to install some themes with a cia, but this doesn't work, why does it happen? Is there a way to fix it?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get Gateway blue cart to work on gateway CFW Emunand 10.5? I can get it to work perfectly on RXtools the game slowed up perfectly and everything also on 10.5 I tried installing the blue card fix and mset.CIA but blue card it won't load on Gateway CFW

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
can I use gateway saves on multiple system?
for instance, can I play using gateway in one 3ds, and pop the gateway to another 3ds and continue the game?

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I have successfully downgraded to 9.2 on my Old 3DS with Menuhax as my way to get into Homebrew Launcher. I've tried to use CakesFW and ReiNand Mod https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinand-mod-o3ds-n3ds-sysnand.411110/ and they never boot with CtrBootManager or from Homebrew Launcher. My goal is to keep sysnand on 9.2 and be able to play online, have regionfree and continue using the e-shop using the emunand. Ever since that new update I haven't been able to play MHX or Smash. I followed the instructions the best I could, but they always boot to a black screen. I've even tried different firmwares and still black screens.

Apl_Juice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm not 100% sure what to do next. I've downgraded my n3ds and installed reiNAND. Can someone point me toward the next step, if any? The guide I followed is almost 2 months old, so I'm wondering if there have been any updates or whatever.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone, I have successfully downgraded to 9.2 on my Old 3DS with Menuhax as my way to get into Homebrew Launcher. I've tried to use CakesFW and ReiNand Mod https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinand-mod-o3ds-n3ds-sysnand.411110/ and they never boot with CtrBootManager or from Homebrew Launcher. My goal is to keep sysnand on 9.2 and be able to play online, have regionfree and continue using the e-shop using the emunand. Ever since that new update I haven't been able to play MHX or Smash. I followed the instructions the best I could, but they always boot to a black screen. I've even tried different firmwares and still black screens.

can you go into emunand at all? have you tried holding the L button while chosing cfw in ctr?

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you go into emunand at all? have you tried holding the L button while chosing cfw in ctr?
I don't think I'm booting to EmuNand because I turned my SysNand to red as a way to let me know I'm in Sys. The homebrew launcher and FBI cia's don't show up, so I'm assuming I'm not in emu. My Emunand does show up in Cake when I hold down L to get into Cakes menu though.

edit: I definitely have a working emu Nand and Cakes will definitely boot into it, but the .cia I installed for fbi and homebrew launcher vanished for some reason. My SysNand is a regular gray color and doesn't have my friends list or NNID (intended since unlinked). Can I get those .cia back?

Last edited by AdmiralToucan,

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How can I log into my NNID on EmuNAND?
When I go into the NNID settings the console reboots into SysNAND.
I am on O3DS with Cakes CFW and EmuNAND on FW 10.5.0-30.
Can anyone help?
I want to get the Pokemon VC titles on Saturday, but therefore I need to log into my NNID. :(
Also I have to renew my Pokemon Bank subscription....
Any help would be appreciated!

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I have. I have two folders in my Nintendo 3DS folder. Is there a way of knowing which homebrew I'm currently on? sysNAND or emuNAND? And which NAND menuhaxx is writing to?

Thanks

No. But it looks like for some reason you have MenuHax on Emunand as well. Try changing the theme of Emunand.

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't really find my answer through these 800 pages here, but I have an SD Card back up of all my games and save files before I had to delete them all through the emunand format. My EmuNand has the same "Nintendo 3DS" folder with the same folders as my original SD card back up. Is it as easy as dragging the files in or am I kind of screwed? I had 40 legitimate games on there and I guess I wouldn't mind re-downloading them on emuNand from the e-shop if I can save the save files.

Reactions: darksun45230

primetime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I followed the guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

In section 6, I downloaded Tinyformat and placed only the .cia in my SD card in the CIAs folder. I didn't put the Tinyformat folder with it's contents on my card because the instructions did not say to.

I installed the CIA, then launched it.

It reset my 3ds back to factory settings where I had to input the time, date, wifi setup, etc.

My health and safety icon is gone so there goes my CIA installer and it looks like I'm back to step 4a.

What did I do wrong?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, thanks that worked.

Also, the 3D effect seems not to be working properly in emuNAND. Any ideas?

You're on N3DS right? Just close the 3DS and open it back up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I followed the guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

In section 6, I downloaded Tinyformat and placed only the .cia in my SD card in the CIAs folder. I didn't put the Tinyformat folder with it's contents on my card because the instructions did not say to.

I installed the CIA, then launched it.

It reset my 3ds back to factory settings where I had to input the time, date, wifi setup, etc.

My health and safety icon is gone so there goes my CIA installer and it looks like I'm back to step 4a.

What did I do wrong?

Try booting into pasta CFW and see if it's still there.

primetime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's what I've done so far:

Set up rxTools for accessing via the browser or the Homebrew Launcher
made a NAND backup
Installed BigBlueMenu to SysNAND and used it to install Devmenu_2x
created EmuNAND
Unlinked the NANDs
Updated EmuNAND to latest version
I can't backup the EmuNAND using EmuTools 1.0.1, 1.0.2, or 1.0.3. I'm using win 7 x64 and a SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC (SDSDXNE-032G-GNCIN), and I get that file 87 error that others get, but I'm updated on EmuNAND to latest version so I guess I'm OK for now.

Should I install Menuhax at this point? What else are some other homebrew apps that are good? I have some other questions which I'm sure is just a matter of doing some reading to find the answers.

-What are the most recent emulators called for NES, SNES, MAME, Genesis, etc and can they run smoothly using cia or do I need to install something different?
-How do I make backups of my 3DS XL games?
-How do I play the backups?

Any help in the right direction is much appreciated. This is on a 3ds XL

Last edited by primetime,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh