• Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I will look into that.
But can you also explain why I have this behaviour with the R5SDHC card ?
i think your fw version is too low
but cfw can give you a fully updated emunand (emulated system menu) 10.3 should have no compatibility issues while maintaining your current fw version

Reactions: NoResethNL

jc28735250

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a rather uncommon question as googling hasn't brought up anything useful: Can you take saves for .CIA games and write them onto a retail cartridge?
The reason I want to do this is because I want to play the upcoming MHX game but don't want to wait for it to ship so I want to play it using a ROM until my cartridge gets here weeks later.
I have an old 3DSLL running rxtools (w/ un-linked emuNAND)

Chriseroi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, and excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere, because I'm having a hard time finding a concrete answer myself: does anyone know what firmware the standard N3DS that comes with the HHD bundle for North America is, out of the box? I'm assuming it's 9.2+ as it probably needs to be to be able to even play HHD, but any solid answer or confirmation would be nice.

Albanek

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello there,
Since this is a noob paradise I would like to ask you something.
Well, first of all, sorry for my english - it's not my primary language and I don't want to angry you with some mistakes.
I'm completely new to 3ds, as for most of the time I've used pc as a gaming target. But now I have a great tase for New3ds and I'm wandering to buy one (I found a new 3ds on an auction and it's ending within 2h) but I have one major question. So.. I've read about custom firmware, but I'm still a god damn noob, and I'm not sure if everything works fine with it. I mean, I want to use my new3ds to play games downloaded on the internet, is this possible? I read that firmware of my console is really important, if I buy a new3ds will I be able to play pirated games on it? By installing some custrom firmware? Do I neeed these GATEWAY thing/card too? I'm not that hyped to play by the internet or access additional features of the console, my main focus are games.
My main concern is that on custom firmware most games will have glitches / won't start or I'll end up with jammed console, yeah, as I've written before I'm a complete newbie to these subject so please, Senpai's of these forum, hear my call!

Last edited by Albanek,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, and excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere, because I'm having a hard time finding a concrete answer myself: does anyone know what firmware the standard N3DS that comes with the HHD bundle for North America is, out of the box? I'm assuming it's 9.2+ as it probably needs to be to be able to even play HHD, but any solid answer or confirmation would be nice.
all usa non-xl n3ds will be above 9.2 if you want a usa n3ds get a xl http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

Hello there,
Since this is a noob paradise I would like to ask you something.
Well, first of all, sorry for my english - it's not my primary language and I don't want to angry you with some mistakes.
I'm completely new to 3ds, as for most of the time I've used pc as a gaming target. But now I have a great tase for New3ds and I'm wandering to buy one (I found a new 3ds on an auction and it's ending within 2h) but I have one major question. So.. I've read about custom firmware, but I'm still a god damn noob, and I'm not sure if everything works fine with it. I mean, I want to use my new3ds to play games downloaded on the internet, is this possible? I read that firmware of my console is really important, if I buy a new3ds will I be able to play pirated games on it? By installing some custrom firmware? Do I neeed these GATEWAY thing/card too? I'm not that hyped to play by the internet or access additional features of the console, my main focus are games.
My main concern is that on custom firmware most games will have glitches / won't start or I'll end up with jammed console, yeah, as I've written before I'm a complete newbie to these subject so please, Senpai's of these forum, hear my call!
it needs to be in 9.2 or lower for gateway $40-50 usd or cfw $0.0 usd if its higher then your only choice is sky3ds $80-90 usd
use this link to find a good one http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Reinand on my 9.0 N3DS, the tutorial I followed to set it up way back was poorly written and had me downgrade the mset before formatting emunand, so my mset is 4.x on both sysnand and emunand. I have themehax autoboot working instead now, so I'd like to get my emunand's mset back on 9.0, but I can't find the CIA for it anywhere (3DNUS can't download it for some reason) and it seems to be questionably safe anyway. I do have a Nand backup from before the downgrade (from the very first step of setting up Reinand) and the emunand tool, would I be able to flash this backup onto my microSD and still keep all my saves/CIAs?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Reinand on my 9.0 N3DS, the tutorial I followed to set it up way back was poorly written and had me downgrade the mset before formatting emunand, so my mset is 4.x on both sysnand and emunand. I have themehax autoboot working instead now, so I'd like to get my emunand's mset back on 9.0, but I can't find the CIA for it anywhere (3DNUS can't download it for some reason) and it seems to be questionably safe anyway. I do have a Nand backup from before the downgrade (from the very first step of setting up Reinand) and the emunand tool, would I be able to flash this backup onto my microSD and still keep all my saves/CIAs?
yup nintendo removed old updates from there servers so you cant use that but you can find the files you need on that iso website related to the 3ds hint

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup nintendo removed old updates from there servers so you cant use that but you can find the files you need on that iso website related to the 3ds hint
Yeah I already looked, no such files to be found right now. But my main question still stands, can I just restore my nand.bin backup I made at the very start of setting up CFW to my microSD's emunand and it'll work, no losing CIAs or saves?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no your nand backup would not contain any changes including cias and saves so when you restore you will loose the cias and saves because they were not there when you made the backup
you don't get a single file you get the entire fw update (n3ds 9.5) from sticky thread
MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs
then use that via sysupdater to update emunand and bam problem sloved cias and saves saved

Last edited by wormdood,

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no your nand backup would not contain any changes including cias and saves so when you restore you will loose the cias and saves because they were not there when you made the backup
you don't get a single file you get the entire fw update (n3ds 9.5) from sticky thread
MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs
then use that via sysupdater to update emunand and bam problem sloved cias and saves saved
Thanks for pointing me out to the thread, I was able to find the mset 9.0 CIA since I had the title ID and MD5, I just installed it through DevMenu and everything is good now. Thanks.

Reactions: wormdood

zplanezplane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am a noob at this. Right now, I have a New 3DS XL running 10.0.0-27U. I have the Ironfall exploit working. I also have a DSTWO flashcart. I would like help on how to do the following. I also have an OOT cartridge, if that helps.

-Block nintendo from stopping the below
-Backup 3ds games to sd card.
-Play 3ds backups from sd card.

Will the DSTWO plus work for me? Or will I need a sky3ds(or anything else you guys recommend.) Thanks in advance

Last edited by zplanezplane,

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I am a noob at this. Right now, I have a New 3DS XL running 10.0.0-27U. I have the Ironfall exploit working. I also have a DSTWO flashcart. I would like help on how to do the following. I also have an OOT cartridge, if that helps.

-Block nintendo from stopping the below
-Backup 3ds games to sd card.
-Play 3ds backups from sd card.

Will the DSTWO plus work for me? Or will I need a sky3ds(or anything else you guys recommend.) Thanks in advance
ds2+ will work for you... as ds flashcart. 3ds function requires 9.2 or below firmware, just like any other kernel exploit based solutions (gw, cfw). for 3ds backups playing, your only option is sky and the likes.

Reactions: zplanezplane

zplanezplane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds2+ will work for you... as ds flashcart. 3ds function requires 9.2 or below firmware, just like any other kernel exploit based solutions (gw, cfw). for 3ds backups playing, your only option is sky and the likes.

Thanks for the fast response! Is there anywhere in particular that I should buy sky3ds?

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Question regarding installing mset on my 9.2 firmware, now i have autoboot themehax 2.0 installed on my O3ds,but when i install mset 6.xx and downgrade it so that i can use ds profil exploit, i can see that NNID Feautures gone Missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1