• Views 4,536,223
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that one could use a tool for hex diff two nands (one pre-update nag and one post-update nag) to analyze the differences between them.

Not sure if it would help much tho.

This is the post I was talking about that briefly explained the process. It seemed too risky for me to deal with, the nag wasn't that big of a deal. But the other method I mentioned seemed to work too, I can attest to that.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Okay, just tried it. My sysnand's browser doesn't seem to want to load the page. I deleted cookies, history, and browser data and it just says it couldn't load part of the page.

EDIT: Nevermind! It worked! I went to the page, it gave me the "couldn't load part of the page" error, but it inmediately loaded after I clicked the settings button in the browser. It seems to be backing up the NAND now. One more question - how do I know my NAND was backed up correctly? Is there anything I should be looking at, like size, MD5 or something?

Last edited by ric.,

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Talking about a n3DS with rxTools running unlinked nands.
Where do I have to install DSiWare CIA's to get them working? NAND or SD, sysNAND or emuNAND?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talking about a n3DS with rxTools running unlinked nands.
Where do I have to install DSiWare CIA's to get them working? NAND or SD, sysNAND or emuNAND?
answered in the flowing quote
Dsi/GBA/NES/etc. support

The patched AGB_FIRM is no longer needed (but if you already have it, you can keep it, doesn't matter)

DSi games can be ran through sysNand, and reportedly emuNand as well. Install to sysNand to play them in sysNand; install to emuNand AND sysNand if you want to play them in emuNand. DSi cias must be installed to NAND destination (if using FBI).

GBA games can be ran through emunand, or sysnand. They still have to be installed to both emunand and sysnand if your nands are unlinked! GBA games should be installed to SD (if using FBI).
Personally I just install them to Sysnand and play them from there.

No... They are not archive files. The game is split into .3DS, .3D0 and .3D1 files.
hmm never heard of a game being split in that way im sure you can probably recompile the parts with . . . some program, as you said
but if i were you i would just get new rom dumps (probably simpler than trying to find the correct program)

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I have a 2DS with 8.1.0-19E version, and I have already installed rxTools 2.6. I can install cia's on my emuNAND but I want to load the CFW with coldboot, I know that I can do it with HomeMenuHax, but to use that exploit I have to update my Nintendo. I can't find the CIAs files of 9.2.0-20E, could you say some website to download it?
And I have another question. How can I update with rxTools 2.6 with the CIA files? There is a guide to do this with rxTools?

Thank you so much!

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the best solution right now if I want to put my N3DS on a cfw that allows CIA installation? Also what's the best way of booting into said CFW?

I have ocarina of time 3ds and a gateway at my disposal, and the system is a launch majora's 3ds that hasn't been updated yet.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have a 2DS with 8.1.0-19E version, and I have already installed rxTools 2.6. I can install cia's on my emuNAND but I want to load the CFW with coldboot, I know that I can do it with HomeMenuHax, but to use that exploit I have to update my Nintendo. I can't find the CIAs files of 9.2.0-20E, could you say some website to download it?
And I have another question. How can I update with rxTools 2.6 with the CIA files? There is a guide to do this with rxTools?

Thank you so much!
i cant directly say where as gbatemp rules but forbid it "ill be dammed if this is not a big enough hint" Download HERE make sure they are for your 3ds's region

dont use rxtools 2.6 for this process use rxtools 2.5.2 as devmode(rxtools) is required to update systemnand if you try this without devmode you will brick your 3ds (devmode was never implemented in rxtools 2.6)
you will also need this version of sysupdater https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases
i cant find the link i had to the guide but its outdated anyway so. . .
Best you can do is use sysupdater, here is a safe way how:

1)Install sysupdater in your system nand
2)Get rxTools 2.5.2 from rxtools.net
3)Get the 9.2 update from some iso site and place the updates folder in the root of your SD card.
4)Launch rxTools it in Dev Mode
5)loadsysupdater
6)Press A to update
What's the best solution right now if I want to put my N3DS on a cfw that allows CIA installation? Also what's the best way of booting into said CFW?

I have ocarina of time 3ds and a gateway at my disposal, and the system is a launch majora's 3ds that hasn't been updated yet.
all cfw solutions offer cia support now (save for ntr wicth you run ontop of other cfws anyway) here is a guide you can use [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT
the beat way requires your 3ds to be on 9.2/9.0 systemnand its as simple as turning on the consoles power (once setup) and heres one on the auto-boot process RXtools CFW coldboot full installation guide for New3DS, from Browserhax & Homemenuhax to Rxtools

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant directly say where as gbatemp rules but forbid it "ill be dammed if this is not a big enough hint" Download HERE make sure they are for your 3ds's region

dont use rxtools 2.6 for this process use rxtools 2.5.2 as devmode(rxtools) is required to update systemnand if you try this without devmode you will brick your 3ds (devmode was never implemented in rxtools 2.6)
you will also need this version of sysupdater https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases
i cant find the link i had to the guide but its outdated anyway so. . .
Best you can do is use sysupdater, here is a safe way how:

1)Install sysupdater in your system nand
2)Get rxTools 2.5.2 from rxtools.net
3)Get the 9.2 update from some iso site and place the updates folder in the root of your SD card.
4)Launch rxTools it in Dev Mode
5)loadsysupdater
6)Press A to update
all cfw solutions offer cia support now (save for ntr wicth you run ontop of other cfws anyway) here is a guide you can use [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT
the beat way requires your 3ds to be on 9.2/9.0 systemnand its as simple as turning on the consoles power (once setup) and heres one on the auto-boot process RXtools CFW coldboot full installation guide for New3DS, from Browserhax & Homemenuhax to Rxtools

Thank you so much!!!!
But I have a doubt. I have to install the sysupdater in DevMode or just install like it was a .cia game?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Turn on my DS, load RxTools with browser, then I push R, select DevMode, and nothing happens, the screen is turned on but is black.
hmm hold on let me see if i can summon someone with more experience with this process than me @Tony_93

and while im out here answering all these peoples questions i have one of my own for anyone who knows how
in gbatemp how do i make collapsible text boxes?

warleyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
winrar put the files in one folder highlight all parts of the file right click select extract here
try this guide there is a included video and links to nearly everything you will need [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) its simple and informative

Ok, this is driving me mad.
I've followed the tutorial, I get to the format emunand and again, my sd card is no longer recognised by PC once I've carried out this instruction.
PC states that sd card requires format.
Up to this point, no problem with sd card.
Why oh why is this happening.
Cheers all.

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Not exactly the right place to ask, but it IS a noob paradise, so hey, why not:
Can Nintendo send patches with streetpass to get rid of hax versions? I've deleted my internet settings and disabled spotpass, but I meet 3DS owners several days a week so if there's a chance that this could happen, I'd rather turn streetpass off as well.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm hold on let me see if i can summon someone with more experience with this process than me @Tony_93

and while im out here answering all these peoples questions i have one of my own for anyone who knows how
in gbatemp how do i make collapsible text boxes?
You mean like this?
You see the section of the text box with the smiley face, the picture and the video film? The very last option in that section that looks like piece of paper with a paragraph on it is an insert button. Click on that and then click spoiler. Whatever you type between the SPOILER tags will be hidden.

Ok, this is driving me mad.
I've followed the tutorial, I get to the format emunand and again, my sd card is no longer recognised by PC once I've carried out this instruction.
PC states that sd card requires format.
Up to this point, no problem with sd card.
Why oh why is this happening.
Cheers all.
Sounds like either the SD card is faulty or your PC's SD reader is faulty. Have you tried using a different SD card? I would try doing the same process with a different SD and see if the same thing occurs. If it doesn't, the SD card is likely to blame. If it does, the SD reader is probably at fault.

Not exactly the right place to ask, but it IS a noob paradise, so hey, why not:
Can Nintendo send patches with streetpass to get rid of hax versions? I've deleted my internet settings and disabled spotpass, but I meet 3DS owners several days a week so if there's a chance that this could happen, I'd rather turn streetpass off as well.
I don't think updates can be sent through Streetpass. If you ever receive the update nag you can get rid of it by powering on the 3DS while holding A + R + L + Up on the D-Pad. It will ask you if you want to update. Press no and the update nag will be gone.

Reactions: wormdood

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this only happen with Dev Mode or can you boot rxMode in sysnand?

What version of rxTools are you using?

Is only when I try to enter in Dev Mode, the other things are working correctly. How can I boot rxMode in sysnand? I only booted it with the browser. but if I push R and then choose DevMode or rxMode doesn't work. But if I load the browser and don't touch any button the CFW loads correctly.

The rxTools version that I'm trying to use is 2.5.2, but when I load Rx appears like 2.5

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==