• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

phantomness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post a question here again, but I didn't get an answer in the other thread.

I'm running Gateway 3DS version 3.3 with a rebuilt, randomized Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon X roms. My system is 9.2.0-20U SysNAND and it is an old 3DS.

I randomized wild Pokemon and Trainers on both roms using Kaphotics pk3ds and then rebuilt them following all the steps in Asia81's tutorial. Both roms had all update patches removed before they were decrypted.

The problem is that whenever I try to load the roms, I get either a blank screen and the 3DS freezes, or the Nintendo Logo loads and then the screen goes black and a notice appears telling me to contact Nintendo Support and to turn off the power.

By checking around in the forums, I gathered that it could be because the roms were badly rebuilt but I'm not sure how to fix that. Any help would be much appreciated. The roms were rebuilt using the pre-built romfs, exefs, and exheader generated when they were decrypted. This gives the notice telling me to contact Nintendo support.

I also tried rebuilding them again with 3DS builder using the modified romfs and exe files created after using pk3ds but this gives me a blank screen and the 3DS freezes.

Last edited by phantomness,

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after awhile of using the Gateway Red card and some CFW, I've decided to try out some NDS Games.

I formatted a 4GB MicroSD to FAT 32 and copied the files from the "Blue Card (R4i)" folder over to SD Card. I put the SD Card into the Blue Card and powered on the 3DS.

Started up the "Deep Labyrinth" in SysNAND and got the message "An Error has occured. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off"

Currently on 9.2 SysNAND, 9.9 EmuNAND. I've also tried installing the bluecardfix.cia using Dev_Menu2x, but didn't solve my issue.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can install games in emunand but can't access the "Settings" menu without it hanging o the 3DS screen. I even tried using gateway interface but the hanging continues. I know when I am in emuand because I can see my games on the home menu. I just don't understand why I can't access settings from emuNAND

I am using rxtools 2.6
My firmware is 7.2.0-12U

update: after searching I found 7.2.0 settings menu is broken in emuNAND

Last edited by solitaire4eva,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to post a question here again, but I didn't get an answer in the other thread.

I'm running Gateway 3DS version 3.3 with a rebuilt, randomized Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon X roms. My system is 9.2.0-20U SysNAND and it is an old 3DS.

I randomized wild Pokemon and Trainers on both roms using Kaphotics pk3ds and then rebuilt them following all the steps in Asia81's tutorial. Both roms had all update patches removed before they were decrypted.

The problem is that whenever I try to load the roms, I get either a blank screen and the 3DS freezes, or the Nintendo Logo loads and then the screen goes black and a notice appears telling me to contact Nintendo Support and to turn off the power.

By checking around in the forums, I gathered that it could be because the roms were badly rebuilt but I'm not sure how to fix that. Any help would be much appreciated. The roms were rebuilt using the pre-built romfs, exefs, and exheader generated when they were decrypted. This gives the notice telling me to contact Nintendo support.

I also tried rebuilding them again with 3DS builder using the modified romfs and exe files created after using pk3ds but this gives me a blank screen and the 3DS freezes.
Try downloading the patches, then redoing the modding process. Run the game with the patches and see if it will boot. I was having similar issues when modding Omega Ruby, but having the patches installed beforehand seemed to solve the issue for me.

Scarlette07

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I just got the blue button sky3ds awhile ago and tried to get Roms to work. I was successful with Fire Emblem Awakening, but when I tried to save Kid Icarus - Uprising through DiskWriter, the error shows this: The file " Kid Icarus - Uprising (U)(Venom)[0143].3ds" Data title must be CTR_FIRM but It's"

I don't even understand the error completely since the sentence wasn't finished, but I'm assuming it's because the template doesn't have Kid Icarus (I have the latest template btw)... have any of you tried to play KI-U using sky3ds? How did you make it work? Thanks!

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my two separate nands but for some reason when I put title.db and import.db in the dbs folder, they keep getting deleted! I don't know what is going on. It's only on my emuNAND this is happening.

I was able to install a small CIA "Mario 3DLand " to the Nand without a problem. When I go into the data management section, it shows no apps are installed in sysNAND

Last edited by solitaire4eva,

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit of a paranoid question here. I'm about to sell a retail game cart that I previously extracted using gateway. When you extract a game this way, does the cart remember somehow that it once had its data extracted? Normally I'm not so paranoid about something like this but when I'm selling something I like to double check. Thanks!

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I have a old 3ds xl on 9.0.2 running pasta via ninjhax. I saw that I could install rxtools and use emunand. My question is why would I want to? I would always have to have wifi to boot to emunand, correct? I got to the part where you update your emunand to the latest fw. then I read that it can still update your system nand...and at that point I was like, is this really worth it? Is it safer to use emunand over pasta cfw system nand? How are rxtools better than pasta? I did the dns thing to block the ninty servers.. I'm not getting any nags...

Thanks Tempers!

(Anyone remember how easy gba was? had my 128mb extreme cart that I hooked up the writer with parallel cables... good ole days...)

Aristox

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a problem, I can't install some legit cia and I don't know why, MH4 and SSB works but some cia like Bravely Default and the last Inazuma Eleven not. I downloaded them on some sources.
I have the "Invalid signature" error when i want to install it with FBI and BBM.
Can you help me ?

sysnand: 9.2.0.20E o3DS XL
emunand: 9.9 with rxtools 3.0b
nands link

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bit of a paranoid question here. I'm about to sell a retail game cart that I previously extracted using gateway. When you extract a game this way, does the cart remember somehow that it once had its data extracted? Normally I'm not so paranoid about something like this but when I'm selling something I like to double check. Thanks!
The game cart does not remember that it had its data extracted. The only thing that could be a problem is if you use that rom with the original header online and the person who buys the cart goes online at the same time. While it has not been proven, it seems likely that Nintendo detects and bans people who are using duplicate headers online. As long as you replace the header on the rom with that of another game (which you are keeping) you'll be fine.

I have a old 3ds xl on 9.0.2 running pasta via ninjhax. I saw that I could install rxtools and use emunand. My question is why would I want to? I would always have to have wifi to boot to emunand, correct? I got to the part where you update your emunand to the latest fw. then I read that it can still update your system nand...and at that point I was like, is this really worth it? Is it safer to use emunand over pasta cfw system nand? How are rxtools better than pasta? I did the dns thing to block the ninty servers.. I'm not getting any nags...

Thanks Tempers!

(Anyone remember how easy gba was? had my 128mb extreme cart that I hooked up the writer with parallel cables... good ole days...)
As you stated, emuNAND is a big plus of rxTools. You can update emuNAND and use the eShop, download patches for games etc.... You do not need to be on wi-fi to boot emuNAND. People have only updated sysNAND by not being careful; as long as you verify that you are in emuNAND before updating, there's no risk of updating sysNAND. EmuNAND is safer than Pasta if you are installing .cias. There's always a small risk of bricking when installing .cias and recovering emuNAND is much easier than recovering sysNAND.

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game cart does not remember that it had its data extracted. The only thing that could be a problem is if you use that rom with the original header online and the person who buys the cart goes online at the same time. While it has not been proven, it seems likely that Nintendo detects and bans people who are using duplicate headers online. As long as you replace the header on the rom with that of another game (which you are keeping) you'll be fine.

As you stated, emuNAND is a big plus of rxTools. You can update emuNAND and use the eShop, download patches for games etc.... You do not need to be on wi-fi to boot emuNAND. People have only updated sysNAND by not being careful; as long as you verify that you are in emuNAND before updating, there's no risk of updating sysNAND. EmuNAND is safer than Pasta if you are installing .cias. There's always a small risk of bricking when installing .cias and recovering emuNAND is much easier than recovering sysNAND.

Hi, thank you for the reply. I won't be playing it anymore, I just wanted to be sure it was OK... for both me and the future owner.

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
As you stated said:
Big ups for the reply!
On the tut http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ it said :

"Some users report their sysnand still being updated following these steps. Unlinking your nands before attempting to update may avoid this. Please read the this post before deciding to unlink nands: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/ (Please, please, pleasseee read this!)."

Should I be doing this first then? The unlinking of the nands? I mean I know I'm on emunand I see the rx before the firmware version. it's just, when I try to update it gives me a full blown panic. attack.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should I be doing this first then? The unlinking of the nands? I mean I know I'm on emunand I see the rx before the firmware version. it's just, when I try to update it gives me a full blown panic. attack.
You already answered your question; If you panic that much, then unlink your nands first :P

Raphtalia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello new here and im confused on a bunch of terminology. I have a N3DSXL (US) and running ver.9.9.0-26U. Does the newest Gateway update support it and what exactly do I need to purchase to get everything running? Im trying to import Fire Emblen IF and dump it in order to use the translation files. Any tips or replies would be very helpful thank you.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello new here and im confused on a bunch of terminology. I have a N3DSXL (US) and running ver.9.9.0-26U. Does the newest Gateway update support it and what exactly do I need to purchase to get everything running? Im trying to import Fire Emblen IF and dump it in order to use the translation files. Any tips or replies would be very helpful thank you.
The newest Gateway update supports ver.9.9.0-26U for the emuNAND on the o3DS. Gateway itself won't run on a N3DSXL ver.9.9.0-26U however. You'd need a N3DSXL ver 9.0 - 9.2 for that I believe. :(

(Gathered that from poking around here for a couple days, so I'm barely qualified to answer any questions right now, lol. Keep that in mind.)

Reactions: Raphtalia

kellyvieira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the blue card is just a DS flashcart. You should be able to transfer over your games and saves with no problems. I believe as long as the flashcart is strong enough to support the emulator, it will work fine.

Yes, you will still be able to play retail carts without issue. You can play newer games via Classic Mode. Existing saves should work fine since you are on 4.X and haven't updated far enough to get the new save encryption.

There's no need to go back to factory settings before using the Gateway. After you setup emuNAND with Gateway, you may wish to format sysNAND though (this unlinks sysNAND and emuNAND), since it prevents a bunch of problems.

First of, all you're awesome. Thank you for the clear explanations to my questions.

Secondly, with the sysNAND format, would that be instead of the emuNAND one? I've been reading this sticky and it seems like one OR the other should be formatted, but not both. Am I reading that correctly? Does that mean that my emuNand will function like my current 3DS while my sysNAND will be like a factory reset version of my 3DS? Just trying to be 100% clear on it before I do anything. And is there a sticky on how to format a sysNAND (if that's what I should do)?

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of, all you're awesome. Thank you for the clear explanations to my questions.

Secondly, with the sysNAND format, would that be instead of the emuNAND one? I've been reading this sticky and it seems like one OR the other should be formatted, but not both. Am I reading that correctly? Does that mean that my emuNand will function like my current 3DS while my sysNAND will be like a factory reset version of my 3DS? Just trying to be 100% clear on it before I do anything. And is there a sticky on how to format a sysNAND (if that's what I should do)?
Correct! If you format sysnand, then your emunand will be just how your 3DS is now, and your sysnand will be empty.

To format sysnand:
- Boot your 3ds
- go to System Settings
- Eject your SD card from the 3DS!
- Continue to Other Settings-> System Format or Format System
- Let the 3ds format. When it is done, it will boot you to the configuration screen as if you had just launch your 3ds for the first time
- When you are back in the homemenu, insert your SD card and it should show a square loading icon which indicates that it is making a new ID folder for your sysnand on your SD card.
- Done!

An alternative way to format sysnand, which is also the method to format emunand if you choose to do that:
- Backup your sd card contents (or just the Nintendo 3DS folder, I don't think a format wipes the entire sd card but I'm not 100% sure)
- Insert your sd card in the 3ds, boot it up
- If you are gonna format emunand, then boot emunand and go to System Settings-> Other Settings-> Format System
- If you are gonna format sysnand, then go to System Settings-> Other Settings-> Format System after your 3ds boots up
- Let it format
- Your 3ds will either restart or turn off. Either way, when it turns on again, you will have to go through the setup screen.
- Turn off your 3ds when you get back to the homemenu
- Put your sd backup back on your sd card. If you notice that other files are still there that were not deleted, then only your Nintendo 3DS folder was formatted. DELETE that folder, and copy your backup of that folder into your sd card
- Done!

Reactions: kellyvieira

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm late for the bbq sauce discussion and I have opinions
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sweet Baby Rays is like baseline for a decent/good bbq sauce, but nothing outright incredible
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Stubbs is a pretty damn good sauce that I think you'll find on most grocery shelves as I don't think it's regional
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This shit though
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Best bbq sauce I've ever bought on a grocery store shelf
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat level that is a nice zing, not overwhelming, but it tingles all the way down your throat
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50% closer to getting my teeth fixed
    +4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: ^this