• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that sky3ds will be up-to-date all time, like Gateway, don't they?

Won't Gateway release an update to work on 9.7.0 too?
If I get a 9.2.0 console, I would still not be able to use the flashcard, because it has to be initialized before, at fw 4.5?!
I can't see in which way being on 9.2.0 is an advantage to me?

In addition to that, I bought my console yesterday in a store, not on the Internet. So it's really difficult to return the console now.

Thanks guys.
Now two people have told you gateway supports 9.2 and below now. Are you starting to believe it is true or are you going to continue to insist nothing has change since you dropped out of the scene? How do you think you can "initialize" an New 3DS on 4.5 when never had that FW?

In the U.S. Most major retailers have at least a 15 day no questions asked return policy on electronics. Do you not have that in Germany?

I got some questions about "which is the better choice" about my 3DS.

I'm from Europe, I've imported my 3ds from USA with Pokemon Y like two years ago. Played a little bit of it, and it gathered dust in my drawer...
But now more of my friends have 3ds and they have european versions and european games.

My 3ds has software version 6.1.0-9U, and I was wondering what would be the best case for me to continue my 3ds adventure.
From what I thought about it, I have these options:

• get a Gateway
  • sell my 3ds and buy a new 3ds from europe
  • import games from the US
  • buy games on the US nintendo eShop

Some questions about these options:
  • how does online play look with gateway?
  • how does local play work when someone has a 3ds from a different region?
  • can I buy games on the US Nintendo eShop when I'm in Europe? What are the payment options? Can I use paypal?
What would you guys recommend to do?
I'm really thinking between getting a gateway and using the US Nintendo eShop, but maybe some of the other options is better?

Online play works fine as long as you install any game updates. They are available on the same sites you can get the roms at.

I do not have experience with different region local download play. I have read it works or doesn't on a game by game basis. So I don't think you can rely on 100% compatibility.

You can't access out of region eshop. That said with a VPN and other internet trickery it should be possible to do if you have the networking skills to make it happen. The payment part might make it a bit harder. I do not find it necessary to access eshop as there are other alternatives to obtain that content.

The ideal option is to sell your system and buy a local exploitable one and get a gateway. Option B is use your current with a gateway with some limitations on local play and learn to install updates and other games using dev menu. Accessing US eshop sounds like more trouble than it is worth, I have not seen a post of anybody actually doing it.

Reactions: BernddasTost

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody know where is the location of street pass mii plaza saves?
Do they share save files, or different save files for every mini games?
I'm thinking to backup my saves but have no id where to look or what is the titleid of those games

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
  • can I buy games on the US Nintendo eShop when I'm in Europe? What are the payment options? Can I use paypal?
What would you guys recommend to do?
I'm really thinking between getting a gateway and using the US Nintendo eShop, but maybe some of the other options is better?

Yes you can use US eshop without worrying about VPN and stuff wherever you are, but I think you still need a US 3ds to begin with
No, no paypal. Unless you have a US credit card, your only option is Nintendo eshop card

edit. sorry for double posting. gbatemp editor is not that friendly with mobile browser

Reactions: thorasgar

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the U.S. Most major retailers have at least a 15 day no questions asked return policy on electronics. Do you not have that in Germany?

28 days by law enforced on all retailers in the UK. It's probably even better in Germany, and there's guaranteed to be EU wide consumer protection law in effect. So, I think he is just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say I have two Launcher.dat files in my SD, one for GW ("Launcher.dat") and one for CFW ("CFW.dat"). Is it possible and safe to "swap" them by renaming Launcher.dat to GW.dat and CFW.dat to Launcher.dat using Organiz3d or microSD Management while I'm booted on emuNAND, then quit to sysNAND and relaunch Launcher.dat?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say I have two Launcher.dat files in my SD, one for GW ("Launcher.dat") and one for CFW ("CFW.dat"). Is it possible and safe to "swap" them by renaming Launcher.dat to GW.dat and CFW.dat to Launcher.dat using Organiz3d, or microSD Management while I'm booted on emuNAND, then quit to sysNAND and relaunch Launcher.dat?
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. MSD Management renaming will have to be done from a PC, not the 3ds. There are some posts of somebody creating dual boot emunands and stuff like that, you may want to look into that with the direction you are going.

Reactions: Ericss

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. MSD Management renaming will have to be done from a PC, not the 3ds. There are some posts of somebody creating dual boot emunands and stuff like that, you may want to look into that with the direction you are going.
I was worried that my system would try reading Launcher.dat while in GW mode after I swapped it and crash, hang or even trigger the brick code. Or does it only read it when you launch GW mode?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was worried that my system would try reading Launcher.dat while in GW mode after I swapped it and crash, hang or even trigger the brick code. Or does it only read it when you launch GW mode?
I don't think it does but Imsuppose it is possible. Just make sure you back everything up first. Another thing you can try is to boot gateway mode into sysnand instead of emunand then pull the card and see if any problems occur.

Reactions: Ericss

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
This is strange. My MicroSD card can only fit 8GB's worth of games? I am using Sky3DS DiskWriter. I have a 16GB card, which in reality was about 14.4 or 14.2GB (don't remember exactly), either way, I have 5 roms so far which are 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8GB's.

Trying to add another 4GB rom which would be 12GB's and it tells me not enough space..

Can Sky3DS play compressed roms? (btw, are 3DS roms called roms or referred to as iso's?)

edit: ok, I removed one rom and tried to add it back on and still got the error, so it's not a space issue...

edit2: I had to ReFormat using DiskWriter, then format using PC, then Format again for DiskWriter. After that it showed the 14.4GB free space again and I could write the roms back onto it like normal.

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe you guys can help me:
if i order a gateway now do i have to look out for anything?
fw oder outdated cards?

if possible i would like to order one and use it out of the box on my n3ds

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the current process for unlinking sysnand and emunand?

I have a n3DS (v9.0) set up with Gateway 3.2.1. with the DS Profile trick, my emunand is on 9.5 and is linked to my NNID (my sysnand is not set up with a NNID)

I'm sure it's the same as before, but I don't want to mess up any of the above.

hengeyokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi is a long way from the Philippines, might want to change your profile. I have no clue as to the legality but gateway has two Saudi resellers on their website. :)

I'm from the philippines. I just work here right now. I'll be home in a couple of weeks. Maybe we have Gateway and Sky3ds there.

1nsan1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again! I've read up about the Sky3DS card since the 3DS I'll be getting is higher than what Gateway could support (at least at the time I checked, seems like they updated it now...)

A. Sky3DS sounds like it's easier to use, but people here seem to prefer Gateway. Is Gateway better than Sky3DS?

and B. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a Sky3DS card + 32 GB microsd? All the places I've seen either sell them with only up to 16gb cards, or at crazy prices.

edit: Whoops, somehow didn't notice the post at the top of the page. Sorry.

It sounds like gateway involves messing with your 3DS's files, though, and I'm really concerned about my ability to do that. Is Sky3DS's convenience (if it is more convenient, I've heard it's just plug and play) worth it overall?

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again! I've read up about the Sky3DS card since the 3DS I'll be getting is higher than what Gateway could support (at least at the time I checked, seems like they updated it now...)

A. Sky3DS sounds like it's easier to use, but people here seem to prefer Gateway. Is Gateway better than Sky3DS?

and B. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a Sky3DS card + 32 GB microsd? All the places I've seen either sell them with only up to 16gb cards, or at crazy prices.

First get the system and confirm it is above 9.2 before buying the flashcart.

Sky3ds doesn't have all the bells and whistles when it comes to CIA installation. Also doesn't use emunand from my understanding meaning patching it might have a more permanent effect. Future homebrew support also seems a tad limited in scope for sky.

Google peachds (personal favorite US retailer), may not be the cheapest, but definitely easier to deal with than some of the out of US retailers(aka. won't be waiting 3 weeks for it to show). They take paypal last time I checked. If you want to save eachmall is the cheaper alternative with equally cheap service(long wait times). Should eventually work though.

Buy your microsd separately off amazon to avoid shitty brands. Stick to Sandisk, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba in that order.

Everything I've stated above is a matter of opinion and personal experience so don't take it as law, but rather general guidelines.

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's the average speed to change the games on sky3ds?

I have a sky3ds and multiples microSD cards. But my class 4 and class 10 take the same amount of time to change the games (10~12 seconds)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What's the average speed to change the games on sky3ds?

I have a sky3ds and multiples microSD cards. But my class 4 and class 10 take the same amount of time to change the games (10~12 seconds)

maybe the size of the game matters. cubic ninja is a very small game, it takes about maybe 6 or 8 seconds, i have not timed it.
but the wait is worth the free games.

Reactions: RahFah

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
my emuNAND suddenly stopped working so I decided to restore it from backup
been trying this earlier and the first time I open mii plaza, special mii Reggie will always come to my plaza
but on my latest attempt to restore emuNAND from backup, suddenly Reggie will not show anymore
is there a way to make him reappear?

btw how do we make backup of mii plaza and face raider saves. is it possible?

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the reply.
In my tests, the rom size doesn't influence the load time when I change the game.

Another question: Is safe to play online with trimmed roms? (I have a private header)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...