• Views 4,512,159
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Can somebody help me please? I'm playing Mario Kart 7 right now with a public header, but I want to change it to use a private header. After I make my new .3dz file, can I continue using GW's save .sav file? Or will i lose my saves if i switch headers?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Can somebody help me please? I'm playing Mario Kart 7 right now with a public header, but I want to change it to use a private header. After I make my new .3dz file, can I continue using GW's save .sav file? Or will i lose my saves if i switch headers?
I am not certain but I think you will be fine. I recall ready the rom patcher tool or whatever tool you use for that fixes the hash. I haven't done any header stuff myself. Remember, backup, backup, backup so if it doesn't work you have not lost anything.

I managed to get the answer by myself, and the answer is that: no, N3DS use a KTR-003 battery model whereas the 3DS use CTR-003 or something, but still, they are not the same
Thanks for sharing. That is good to know. The issue probably hasn't come up much becuase the it so new and nobody has needed to replace a battery yet.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I unlinked my sysnand and emunand by using the system format method without the SD Card. After that, my sysnand friend code has changed but my emunand friend code was still the same as before, and my emunand has all my digital/eshop apps and games and such while my sysnand does not. My sysnand also does not have the save files of my retail cartridges anymore, only emunand classic does. It's basically like two different 3DS profiles on my one 3DS.

My question is how do I make it so my sysnand has all my retail cartridge saves (just so I have it there too), as well as my digital apps/games and the same friend code as my emunand?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unlinked my sysnand and emunand by using the system format method without the SD Card. After that, my sysnand friend code has changed but my emunand friend code was still the same as before, and my emunand has all my digital/eshop apps and games and such while my sysnand does not. My sysnand also does not have the save files of my retail cartridges anymore, only emunand classic does. It's basically like two different 3DS profiles on my one 3DS.

My question is how do I make it so my sysnand has all my retail cartridge saves (just so I have it there too), as well as my digital apps/games and the same friend code as my emunand?
Um. Retail cart saves are on the cart not the SD card.

If you want a screwed up system configured in a way the Gateway was not designed to operate I really can't help you. That would be a major headache to administer. Why do you want to do that?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been asked.

Is it possible to use savedatafiler to transfer a save from a .3dz to a .cia? Namely Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um. Retail cart saves are on the cart not the SD card.

If you want a screwed up system configured in a way the Gateway was not designed to operate I really can't help you. That would be a major headache to administer. Why do you want to do that?
When I attempted to load Pokemon X on my sysnand, it says that new save data is being created. However, when I load it on emunand classic mode, I have my save file.

Also, it's just for assurance so that I know if I wanna stop using Gateway and go back to be completely legit, I can do that and still have all my save files for at least my retail carts.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I attempted to load Pokemon X on my sysnand, it says that new save data is being created. However, when I load it on emunand classic mode, I have my save file.

Also, it's just for assurance so that I know if I wanna stop using Gateway and go back to be completely legit, I can do that and still have all my save files for at least my retail carts.
What version is sysnand. I suspect it is 4.x, if so you are having an encryption compatibility problem.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use your 3DS profile on the New 3DS and use both the 3DS and New 3DS with the same NNID profile concurrently?
Nope. One NNID may only be used on one 3DS. The WII u let's you have 12 on a console.

Maybe somebody has a workaround but I am not aware of it.

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. One NNID may only be used on one 3DS. The WII u let's you have 12 on a console.

Maybe somebody has a workaround but I am not aware of it.

Could I copy and paste all my 3DS saves and use it on my New 3DS and play my retail carts with my saves from the original 3DS?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I copy and paste all my 3DS saves and use it on my New 3DS and play my retail carts with my saves from the original 3DS?
That's a can of worms. Legitimate eshop games need to use the system transfer. Regarding gateway saves it should work. Retail carts should work as well as long as they were not played on a 4.x system.

I suggest you read the emunand/save data mega guide at the top of this sub and start doing lots of reading of threads that talk about transfering saves. There are lots of them.

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a can of worms. Legitimate eshop games need to use the system transfer. Regarding gateway saves it should work. Retail carts should work as well as long as they were not played on a 4.x system.

I suggest you read the emunand/save data mega guide at the top of this sub and start doing lots of reading of threads that talk about transfering saves. There are lots of them.

Ok. And do you recommend using a private header across all 3DS ROMS to avoid Nintendo's banhammer?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I have 9.2 sysnand. That's what's confusing me, cause even though I unlinked sysnand and emunand, I should be able to access the save file.
There are a lot of Pokemon experts here like Apache Thunder. I would go poke your head in some of those threads and ask around.

Ok. And do you recommend using a private header across all 3DS ROMS to avoid Nintendo's banhammer?
Doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure what is going on. Private headers make a lot more sense but are only necessary for online games and it may not be a guarantee of saftey.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are custom firmwares able to make it so I don't have to launch the gateway exploit every time.
Simply boot to my emunand and go?
Is that possible yet?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are custom firmwares able to make it so I don't have to launch the gateway exploit every time.
Simply boot to my emunand and go?
Is that possible yet?

well.. with 4.x exploit, you only have to boot the emunand and play as well. No need for web browser.

As for CFW, the ones currently publicly available are rather limited and, in my opinion, not worth it unless you can't spend any money at all.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- If a game is played on a 4.5 sysnand 3DS (9.5 emunand, latest GW launcher) can that save then be transferred to another 3DS that is running lower emunand? Theoretically the N3DS once GW supports it?

- Is it possible to install updates from roms or only official carts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...