• Likes 43

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have a question about Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS.
With Gateway, is it possible to run a Japanese ROM on an European 3DS (4.4) *and* be able to receive Japan-only Wi-Fi/serialcode events?

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my RedNAND (EmuNAND), and I can't seem to do it because when I try to it freezes when I select the System Update on the touch screen. And is it possible to have both CFW and RedNAND on the same SD Card or no?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have a question about Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS.
With Gateway, is it possible to run a Japanese ROM on an European 3DS (4.4) *and* be able to receive Japan-only Wi-Fi/serialcode events?
Yes a jap rom can run on a EU. Not sure what a wifi/serial code event is but I suspect that has a lot to do with your IP address.

I'm trying to update my RedNAND (EmuNAND), and I can't seem to do it because when I try to it freezes when I select the System Update on the touch screen. And is it possible to have both CFW and RedNAND on the same SD Card or no?
CFW is not really a noob question, or at least shouldn't be.

Tomato-sandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh another noob question.

How would I Find the firmware systems with firmware 9.0-9.2 in Japan? I wanted to get a New 3DS from mighty Nippon.

EDIT: I have a SS so I can buy systems from Japan no problem but I don't want to mess up and get the wrong firmware.

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh another noob question.

How would I Find the firmware systems with firmware 9.0-9.2 in Japan? I wanted to get a New 3DS from mighty Nippon.

EDIT: I have a SS so I can buy systems from Japan no problem but I don't want to mess up and get the wrong firmware.

Only place I can think of for that would either get lucky, or go on Yahoo Auctions, even then the New 3DS can't really be hacked yet unless you have the Sky3DS. (Which I think works with the N3DS)

crash_insane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to 3DS, I just gotten my new native 4.5 3DS XL and was wondering what is the best method for using gateway? of course I would like to play the latest games on it but looking through some videos, which method is the best and recommended?

Judging from some youtube videos, the latest method is quick and fast, however it requires an online connection everytime to boot to gateway mode. So which is more ideal for a native 4.5 firmware?

Would appreciate if someone can link me to those videos or guides.

Thanks

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to 3DS, I just gotten my new native 4.5 3DS XL and was wondering what is the best method for using gateway? of course I would like to play the latest games on it but looking through some videos, which method is the best and recommended?

Judging from some youtube videos, the latest method is quick and fast, however it requires an online connection everytime to boot to gateway mode. So which is more ideal for a native 4.5 firmware?

Would appreciate if someone can link me to those videos or guides.

Thanks
Apple won't let me link on iPad sorry. Gateway just posted a setup guide on their website.

It doesn't realy matter anymore that it is native 4.5 as we can downgrade now. If you have retail cart saves you want to play you are better off on higher firmware, if not you can stay at 4.5 stick to profile exploit.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Got a few questions here...

So, I have a 3ds with a fw of 9.4. I know that I can downgrade it, but do I have to downgrade it to 4.5 only? Can't I downgrade it to 9.2 or something? Also, On the Gateway site, it says there's an update for 9.5 emunand users. If I got it right, emunand is used to make the system think you're on fw 9.5 or something when you go online, so it won't update the console, right?
I may other questions in the future... Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just got this one up... If I got it right, on the new 3ds, the gateway works, but only supports
emunand 9.5, right? So, this means that until Ninty makes a new fw update, I can go on the eshop
and use the gateway with no problem on the new 3ds, right? 'Cause I was think of buying it...

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a few questions here...

So, I have a 3ds with a fw of 9.4. I know that I can downgrade it, but do I have to downgrade it to 4.5 only? Can't I downgrade it to 9.2 or something? Also, On the Gateway site, it says there's an update for 9.5 emunand users. If I got it right, emunand is used to make the system think you're on fw 9.5 or something when you go online, so it won't update the console, right?
I may other questions in the future... Thanks in advance.
You can downgrade it if you have a NAND backup and a hardware mod. Have those?
Yes emunand runs an updated version of sysnand so youncan run unsigned code such as roms and cias.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can downgrade it if you have a NAND backup and a hardware mod. Have those?
Well, I still haven't done anything, I just received my gateway by mail now... And what do you mean with hardware mod? Do i have to open up the 3ds?
Also, I update my post just as you replied, please check it again.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I still haven't done anything, I just received my gateway by mail now... And what do you mean with hardware mod? Do i have to open up the 3ds?
Also, I update my post just as you replied, please check it again.
You have several things wrong. GW will not work on 9.4 sysnand. If you do not have a sysnand backup of 9.2 or below you can not currently use GW. There are guides here on performing the hardware mod and yes you have to open it and solder wires. Gamesquest1 in the UK can do it for you, but you must have a NAND backup and I suspect you do not have that.

GW has not released support for the New 3DS. They have indicated 9.5 Emunand Support will not be included when they do release support for the N3DS. The current indications are the N3DS will have to be on 9.2 or below for the Gateway to work at all.

We are all waiting for news from GW are keeping silent right now.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have several things wrong. GW will not work on 9.4 sysnand. If you do not have a sysnand backup of 9.2 or below you can not currently use GW. There are guides here on performing the hardware mod and yes you have to open it and solder wires. Gamesquest1 in the UK can do it for you, but you must have a NAND backup and I suspect you do not have that.
Oh, then, I'm kinda out of luck... Buut, I have a friend that has to check his 3ds to see if it's fw is lower than 9.4. If it is, then can I use his 3ds to configure the gateway and make a backup of his nand, so I can use it on mine (His 3ds is a normal model, while my 3ds is an XL)? Or even with the backup, I still have to solder wires?

GW has not released support for the New 3DS. They have indicated 9.5 Emunand Support will not be included when they do release support for the N3DS. The current indications are the N3DS will have to be on 9.2 or below for the Gateway to work at all.

We are all waiting for news from GW are keeping silent right now.

Ah, ok, I got this wrong too then... I think... Oh well, i'm gonna save some money then.

NeoPhythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH YAY the nub paradise!

Short question; is there a way to play my 3ds EU games on my USA 3ds?
Can i just do that with custom firmware? or do i need a gateway card or is it not possible at all ?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, then, I'm kinda out of luck... Buut, I have a friend that has to check his 3ds to see if it's fw is lower than 9.4. If it is, then can I use his 3ds to configure the gateway and make a backup of his nand, so I can use it on mine (His 3ds is a normal model, while my 3ds is an XL)? Or even with the backup, I still have to solder wires?

Ah, ok, I got this wrong too then... I think... Oh well, i'm gonna save some money then.
Nope. You can only restore a NAND from the 3ds it came from.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope. You can only restore a NAND from the 3ds it came from.
Welp, my friend has 9.4 too, dang. And since your saying
no nand sharing, no gateway on 3ds for us then...
But, another question (I hope I'm not bothering you)... My friend has told me
that the new eur 3ds comes with firmware 9.0 (from his sources, if it's not fake),
so, as you said, the gateway should work, right?

EDIT: Just a stupid question: It is possible to transfer data between 3ds-3ds/N3ds without
having to update it or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it