Clau46

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have couple of questions

- Can I play a retail game on the Emunand and download the DLC from a game? And is the rom able to use the dlc if its same region

- What is the best way to update to Emunand 9.4. I have already copy the new launcher.dat file to the sd card of my 3ds. Need the gateway card to be updated?

thnx

funcoland1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on firmware 8.1. What games can I use to update to 9.0-9.2? I checked http://3ds.essh.co/ and I don't see anything I can use. I have a US model 3ds XL.

When I connect to the eshop will it automatically download the latest version and update my sysnand to 9.4? Then I'd be SoL.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on firmware 8.1. What games can I use to update to 9.0-9.2? I checked http://3ds.essh.co/ and I don't see anything I can use. I have a US model 3ds XL.

When I connect to the eshop will it automatically download the latest version and update my sysnand to 9.4? Then I'd be SoL.

As far as I know, no games came with it. Future releases will probably come with 9.0.
We are talking 2-3 months

funcoland1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know, no games came with it. Future releases will probably come with 9.0.
We are talking 2-3 months

Thank you. That would totally make sense as to why that site wasn't updated then. I wish my question were added to the sticky noob questions list because at this point there is either the choice of being above 4.5 or below (Then most likely being above 4.5).. and with a lot of people buying 3ds's since Christmas is here I feel like it would be asked a lot.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question regarding the Gateway Flashcart. When we emulate later firmwares (like an up to date one for example),will we be able to play online with real games, and use the eShop? Is there any limitation I should know about?

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello wise guys,

I can´t use the download function in the eshop, with my 3DSXL because I need to register the ID. I already have a valid ID,
but with my 3DS, not the XL. Both are on 4.5. The 3DS is an ambassador. I am not up-to-date, but is there a way to transfer all games (ambassador and bought eshop-wares) + my ID to my XL w/o hardware mod.? I´ve read that nintys transfer tool forces the system to reboot both or at least one system and kicks you out of the emunand. So I guess there is a problem with the regular way. if I like to stay on 4.5, because I need the latest FW on both running through the whole transfer process. Can I save the gba ambassador titles, because they won´t run on XL emunand, correct?
Any help is appreciated -thanks

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i use gateway and savedatafiler to edit save files for card1 games? or is it only card2 games that are possible?

You are correct. I beileve MT card loads the saves differently though so card1 games work with it.
I think I've read somewhere that people can convert these games to card2 so savedatafiler works with it but I'm unsure.

Hi, I have a question regarding the Gateway Flashcart. When we emulate later firmwares (like an up to date one for example),will we be able to play online with real games, and use the eShop? Is there any limitation I should know about?

Yup, you can use classic mode to use real games, but I'm pretty sure you need the red gateway in first before it can boot into classic mode, then you can put the game in. I believe the only caveat is that it would be using an old save encryption so you can't use that card in another 3ds because it uses newer encryption.

qwertoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about trimming roms.
Can all roms be trimmed successfully? If it is possible is it worth it to trim them all to save space?

Sogekingu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like many people, I recently picked up two Gateway 3DS cards. I have two 3DS XL's that are currently on 9.2.0-20U, so I am doing the waiting game like everyone else. My 3DS Consoles will be given to my kids on Christmas morning. I know that until the 9.2 support comes, they cannot play 3DS games.

However, I was wondering if they could play regular DS games using the blue cards.

If that is possible, what files do I need to put on the micro sd cards? I am guessing I need the files from the r4i folder, but I don't want to put something on there that could damage the DS. Should I not copy over GWInstaller.NDS file?

Thanks for any guidance. I am enjoying reading this forum.

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Since mine got burried;

Is there anyone working on a psx emulator? For some reason, this whole forum is quiet about that. I know the PSP (vita) is better suited for emulating psx, but still, I can't imagine there is no audience for this.
Yes, I want to play FFVII on my 3ds.

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like many people, I recently picked up two Gateway 3DS cards. I have two 3DS XL's that are currently on 9.2.0-20U, so I am doing the waiting game like everyone else. My 3DS Consoles will be given to my kids on Christmas morning. I know that until the 9.2 support comes, they cannot play 3DS games.

However, I was wondering if they could play regular DS games using the blue cards.

If that is possible, what files do I need to put on the micro sd cards? I am guessing I need the files from the r4i folder, but I don't want to put something on there that could damage the DS. Should I not copy over GWInstaller.NDS file?

Thanks for any guidance. I am enjoying reading this forum.

I don't know if the blue card has been blocked by a firmware update, you should check up on that because if it is, you can't even run the gwinstaller or any ds game for that matter. If it isn't blocked, then you'll still be fine putting gwinstaller in there. Just know that everytime you play a ds game, you will have to run it again.

I would suggest not inputting any wifi connections in either of the 3ds so they won't update it.

when updating to emunad 9.4 do i have to format emunand again currently im on GW 3D 9.20

No, you wouldn't. Just put the new launcher.dat in the SD and make sure you see GW3D in the firmware in settings and then you could update.
And I suggest backing up your current emuNAND as it's on 9.20 and that is the last firmware cubic ninja works on, just in case any new homebrew needs it to run.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi and thanks for this thread, just got an AUS N3DS and got a gateway on the way.
I did quite a bit of reading and I'm still unclear on a few things regarding online play :

1) I read the thread about patch headers into scene roms with/for GW 2.2... is the latest GW fw still working the same way ?
2) do I need headers for online play with scene .cia version of the game ? (if not why do I need one with .3DZ then ?)
3) on a AUS N3DS, I can never play online with US/JP roms? (even If I dump myself a US or JP header?) what about JP/US .cia, is online supported ? (I got that there will be issues if title updates are needed since I won't be able to DL them from the european eshop)
4) if I get, let's say, 2 european MGS3D cart and dump them, will I get the same header or two different ones ? (unique IDs or not ?)

thanks a lot in advance for clearing this up :)

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi and thanks for this thread, just got an AUS N3DS and got a gateway on the way.
I did quite a bit of reading and I'm still unclear on a few things regarding online play :

1) I read the thread about patch headers into scene roms with/for GW 2.2... is the latest GW fw still working the same way ?
2) do I need headers for online play with scene .cia version of the game ? (if not why do I need one with .3DZ then ?)
3) on a AUS N3DS, I can never play online with US/JP roms? (even If I dump myself a US or JP header?) what about JP/US .cia, is online supported ? (I got that there will be issues if title updates are needed since I won't be able to DL them from the european eshop)
4) if I get, let's say, 2 european MGS3D cart and dump them, will I get the same header or two different ones ? (unique IDs or not ?)

thanks a lot in advance for clearing this up :)

1) Yes, it is identical.
2) 3DZ needs headers because it's run as a physical cart. CIA is run as eshop.
3) You can play online with other region roms fine. You'll need to get any relevant game updates as .cia from elsewhere for it to work though.
4) You will get different headers. You can use one real header for all of your roms and it will work fine though.

My question: Do DS mode flashcards have specific regions? As in, if I buy a cheap R4i 3DS that supports 9.4 will it run on the JP N3DS?

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for clearing all this up! :)

last question, can't I hypothetically convert all of my roms to .cia format and not have to bother with headers at all and still be able to play online ?

Oishikatta> no they don't have specific since DS carts were region-free :) so yes it'll work
(my understanding is that the DS gateway linker (provided the 3DS linker) isn't working on 9.0, right ? :(

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for clearing all this up! :)

last question, can't I hypothetically convert all of my roms to .cia format and not have to bother with headers at all and still be able to play online ?

You could, but that would be a lot more complicated than just using GRP 0.6 from the 2.2 online tutorial thread. It really is super simple, you just dump any one physical cart, use GRP to export the header. Then import that header into any .3ds and rename to .3dz. The tool will automatically fix the header info to match the rom for nearly all roms.

The DS cart included with gateway doesn't work on 9.x, correct. I was looking at this one: http://www.modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one