• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

licalica13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use emunand you have to format it, but you can just copy your 'Nintendo 3DS' folder to your PC before formatting it, then copy it back to the SD after emunand is created.

Of course I'm talking about the original Gateway, the one that requires a 4.5 3DS.
This 9.2-compatible version might not have emunand support.

Thanks for the reply

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant seem to update the emunand on my EU 3DS.

It keeps getting an error when downloading the latest update "Unable to update " and then restarts the system.

Im on the latest GW 2.6 launcher. I have tried formatting the SD card again and tried a different SD Card.

No luck.

So umm... My system "updated". It has themes, miiverse, cia install access etc etc but is still on GW 4.4.0-EU

:/

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So umm... My system "updated". It has themes, miiverse, cia install access etc etc but is still on GW 4.4.0-EU

:/
It didn't get a complete update them. Try to update it again and it will continue the process. (you can also just leave it in sleep mode for a while and it will download the update automatically)

Sparks43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question

I have a 4gb sd card with my emunand and 2 installed cias

Can i just copy the whole lot onto a bigger sd card or do i need to do some special voodoo?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You will need to back up your EmuNAND using EmuNANDTool because it is stored on a partition not recognised by Windows. Then restore the partition onto your new card.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be possible to add background surface voor ssspwn? To be more specific: could ftpony (or what ftp server you like to use) be somehow get intergrated to the 3ds homebrew app like it was on the wii-transfer?

vonfnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, stupid question, but still, does ANYONE know if it will be possible to convert NDS (not 3DS) games to .cia and install them on a 3DS some time in the future?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Another noob question here, say my console is 4.1 or 4.2 version. Do i need to update it to 4.5 in order to use Gateway?

1man1dream

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I recently got a 3ds xl on version 4.3 and a Gateway card. I've installed it successfully and have played a few backups and so far no issues, but the other day when I tried to open the super smash bros backup, the 3ds went to a black screen and just stayed there. Through my research I found that it may be due to not having an updated emuNAND, so I booted into gateway mode using the blue and then red card, and downloaded a system update. After the update was successful, I was no longer able to use the red card to enter gateway mode. I am able to format the emunand and go back to the default firmware that gateway comes with, but am unable to play super smash bros. Could anybody please advise on where I should look to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I recently got a 3ds xl on version 4.3 and a Gateway card. I've installed it successfully and have played a few backups and so far no issues, but the other day when I tried to open the super smash bros backup, the 3ds went to a black screen and just stayed there. Through my research I found that it may be due to not having an updated emuNAND, so I booted into gateway mode using the blue and then red card, and downloaded a system update. After the update was successful, I was no longer able to use the red card to enter gateway mode. I am able to format the emunand and go back to the default firmware that gateway comes with, but am unable to play super smash bros. Could anybody please advise on where I should look to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!

Things needed to get smash running on GW:

1. Updated emunand of at least 8.1 (Currently 9.2.0.20 is the latest)
  2. At least 1.5gb free space on the Big SD card inside the 3DS (Not the micro sd inside the red card.)
  3. Patience, Smash 3DS takes about 10 seconds of black screen time to start up due to it using more processing power(?).
Make a new emunand (Backup SD card then Format Emunand) and update that emunand to the latest version (9.2).

1man1dream

Trophies
XP
Country
Things needed to get smash running on GW:

1. Updated emunand of at least 8.1 (Currently 9.2.0.20 is the latest)
  2. At least 1.5gb free space on the Big SD card inside the 3DS (Not the micro sd inside the red card.)
  3. Patience, Smash 3DS takes about 10 seconds of black screen time to start up due to it using more processing power(?).
Make a new emunand (Backup SD card then Format Emunand) and update that emunand to the latest version (9.2).

Thanks for the reply

My problem is that once I update emunand, I can't even boot back into gateway (correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I'm doing)
Blue card in: Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile -> Format emunand
Red card in: Boot gateway mode -> update DS firmware
Blue card in, to get back into the launcher, then when I put the red card in and click 'Boot gateway mode' that's when the screen goes black and I can't do anything

I'm sure that my big SD card is large enough, as it's the 4gb one supplied with the DS. I've also tried a 64gb card but both didn't fix the issue

Thanks again for your help

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply

My problem is that once I update emunand, I can't even boot back into gateway (correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I'm doing)
Blue card in: Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile -> Format emunand
Red card in: Boot gateway mode -> update DS firmware
Blue card in, to get back into the launcher, then when I put the red card in and click 'Boot gateway mode' that's when the screen goes black and I can't do anything

I'm sure that my big SD card is large enough, as it's the 4gb one supplied with the DS. I've also tried a 64gb card but both didn't fix the issue

Thanks again for your help
Did you put the launcher.dat back onto the sd card after formatting emunand?

brunno159

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible To use omega to update sysnand? I'm on 4.4 and tried animal crossing with dpad up but it hangs on updating. Had to shutdown the console. .

Loque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could someone link me the esiest guide to make a rom playable online please?
My attempts till now were in vain. :(

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, does Gateway allow you to play region locked physical games? Or is region free on the Gateway done with ROMs on the card itself? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT