• Likes 43

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I don't think you can, but I might be wrong. I just remember reading something that if you format it it's gone, you need to download the emunand tool which will back up your emunand that way if you do format it for whatever reason you can just place it back on using the tool.

Dude, chill lol. It's been a couple of days, I get that you're eager but watching the package all day isn't going to make it arrive anytime sooner :P give it until the end of the week.

I am; it's worthy of causation when package leave one place and fail to be reported elsewhere for days. For reference, packages usually take a single day to move places and find their way to USPS from DHL (same route this one is taking; previously ordered package)

jn83

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the flashcart scene on the 3DS. I've recently bought a Japanese 3DS (the Kingdom Hearts 3D Console to be precise) and I've bought the Gateway 3DS just a few days ago. Did I mention that I couldn't read Japanese, reason I bought the console is because I'm sort of a collector but this is actually the first time I've bought a Nintendo console from Japan (bought some Playstation ones but they had english built in to their firmware unlike Nintendo). So naturally the version on my 3DS is 3.0.0-6J.

First question is whether I can use the cart to unlock the region-lock to be able to play NA cartridges on this firmware?
Second - Can I change the console language somehow using this flashcart?

Thanks

No, but you can play foreign ROMs after you buy the real games, of course.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit used for clones is the same as used by gateway right ? I don't need to reinstall the exploit when I get the gateway?

There is 0 compatibility problem with saves between flashcards? ( Besides some games deleting saves if you used a 1.2 one in a 2.0 or viceversa)

Is there a problem leaving the 3ds with gateway and emunand for long periods of time in sleep mode ? I practically never shutdown my 3ds and have a pretty good battery time. Just asking if there would be any problem like exiting out of emunand without warning or something like that.

As long as I see GW3D on the version i'm on emunand until I exit the settings ? so can I set the wifi connection for the first time and then update ? or I should better setup the wifi connection , turn off the console . Go to sysnand and check if the wifi conenction is there and delete it, maybe then make the folders showing SYSNAND or something like that. Then go again into emunand and update. Would that be safer? Or it's just useless precaution?

Update always through system settings , even new updates after I already have my emunand setupped right?

Once I have emunand set up to last firmware and etc , I can just use the console freely with wifi on and use spotpass and etc without any problem like if it were a regular updated console right? There's no way emunand is removed until I Exit gateway mode which can only be done by entering settings or closing the console ? Of course , would have to take care and stay notified of new updates just in case they break my emunand XD

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Quick question:

Let's say I have my Gateway card in my XL, I run the exploit, launch Gateway mode and all that niceness. If my XL powers off, I need to put the blue card back in, right?

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
nope, the blue card is only for the inital install...it only ever needs to be re-installed if you
A, run a DS game/DS flashcard
B, edit certain settings on the 3DS such as username, D.O.B etc

Awesome! So, if I update EmuNAND to 8.whatever is out right now, I'll boot right into that every time I turn on my 3DS and the white card will just store the games? Then, I just press select and choose one and go upon my way?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Awesome! So, if I update EmuNAND to 8.whatever is out right now, I'll boot right into that every time I turn on my 3DS and the white card will just store the games? Then, I just press select and choose one and go upon my way?
it will always boot into 4.x, but you just go straight to system settings---->other settings----> profile-----nintendo DS profile

that will boot you into emunand

Reactions: gypsynimrod

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Once the firmware has been placed on the Gateway microSD in the slot, is it possible to store and run the ROMs off the larger SD card slot on the side?

No. Only the micro SD card in the cartridge.

Has anyone ordered from BestR4i3DS and had problems with the shipping? My package left Compton at 4AM on a Friday and has not arrived anywhere. It essentially left one place on a Friday morning and failed to get anyway over the course of three days.
I ordered mine from there and it took about a week, despite the fact that Compton is about 6-7 hours from where I live. Factor in the fact that it was Labor Day weekend, and it still sat in Compton for another two or three days. Suddenly the next day, it was out for delivery.

secroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

i'am overwhelmed by the mass of informations here and therefore i have to ask some noob questions, sorry in advance.
I just bought a new 3DS XL with a 4.2.0-9 E firmware system version and want to play 3ds roms on it. So step 1; Buying a 3DS XL with 4.5 or lower firmware system version; checked.
Now it's getting complicated:

Here my questions:
- Do i still need to upgrade to firmware 4.5? Just found out: No!)
- Comparing the Flashcards Gateway seems to be the best except the high price, right? Are any 3ds roms playable? Online play possible? (Okay, its the best and all roms up to date are playable)
- What is a NAND? (Just found out)
- Is there a step by step guide how to setup my 3DS to play 3ds roms/setup backup NAND? (This would be the best!)
- Are there any risks to note before doing anything? (Okay:accidentally updating my system nand higher than system version 4.5)

Even this detailed thread is too complicate for me, so sorry.

PS: Beeing on board here for years (as a reader), you guys doing a great job.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

i'am overwhelmed by the mass of informations here and therefore i have to ask some noob questions, sorry in advance.
I just bought a new 3DS XL with a 4.2.0-9 E firmware system version and want to play 3ds roms on it. So step 1; Buying a 3DS XL with 4.5 or lower firmware system version; checked.
Now it's getting complicated:

Here my questions:
- Do i still need to upgrade to firmware 4.5? Just found out: No!)
- Comparing the Flashcards Gateway seems to be the best except the high price, right? Are any 3ds roms playable? Online play possible?
- What is a NAND? (Just found out)
- Is there a step by step guide how to setup my 3DS to play 3ds roms/setup backup NAND? (This would be the best!)
- Are there any risks to note before doing anything?

Even this detailed thread is too complicate for me, so sorry.

PS: Beeing on board here for years (as a reader), you guys doing a great job.

GateWay is the dearest but It's also the best, If any new features come out it's through GateWay as they are the originators, you can get a clone card if you want but they dont all have 100% rom compatibility and they're behind in features, GateWay are actively trying to stop clone cards also, all in all It's worth the extrea money imo. All games to date are currently playable on gateway as is online play, I suggest you check out the online thread for more information on that.

The only significant risk is accidentally updating your system nand, I suggest you check out a video tutorial on youtube or something to make sure you do everything correctly as if you want to be able to play ALL games then you'll need to set up emunand which is where it might get complicated for you, go on youtube and watch a video tutorial, other than that there isn't really any risks.

secroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Shamzie,

thanks. http://www.gateway-3ds.com is the official site? Are the listed resellers trustworthy?

Just don't get it with the micro sd cards: how many do i need? Is there one game on one micro sd card? Just found many sd cards with classes 4 up to 10. Which should i buy? Awww, questions...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can get away with just the one MicroSD card. You'll need to put it in the Blue Cart to install the exploit, then put it in the White Cart afterwards once the exploit is installed.

I recommend getting a Class 10 card. They're only slightly more expensive and much faster.

Munshine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys quick question. I have a pink 3DS XL on 4.5. I don't really need it as I already have another 3DS. What's the best way to go about selling it?
I'm in the UK btw.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit used for clones is the same as used by gateway right ? I don't need to reinstall the exploit when I get the gateway?

There is 0 compatibility problem with saves between flashcards? ( Besides some games deleting saves if you used a 1.2 one in a 2.0 or viceversa)

Is there a problem leaving the 3ds with gateway and emunand for long periods of time in sleep mode ? I practically never shutdown my 3ds and have a pretty good battery time. Just asking if there would be any problem like exiting out of emunand without warning or something like that.

As long as I see GW3D on the version i'm on emunand until I exit the settings ? so can I set the wifi connection for the first time and then update ? or I should better setup the wifi connection , turn off the console . Go to sysnand and check if the wifi conenction is there and delete it, maybe then make the folders showing SYSNAND or something like that. Then go again into emunand and update. Would that be safer? Or it's just useless precaution?

Update always through system settings , even new updates after I already have my emunand setupped right?

Once I have emunand set up to last firmware and etc , I can just use the console freely with wifi on and use spotpass and etc without any problem like if it were a regular updated console right? There's no way emunand is removed until I Exit gateway mode which can only be done by entering settings or closing the console ? Of course , would have to take care and stay notified of new updates just in case they break my emunand XD

Self bump?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson