• Likes 43

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
are there any cheaper stores then the official gateway resellers that consistently sell authentic gateway cards (feel free to PM if you don't want to mention)
im in canada but can ship to a US mailbox if the price difference is big enough

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone please tell me, what do i do to order my gateway roms in the order i want? I have 32gb micro sd card formatted ex fat thanks for any answers!!

Rainy456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Can anyone Confirm if Luigis manison dark moon (Usa Version) will update my 3ds to 4.5 ?
(Sorry if it was answered i heard its only the European version of the game has that 4.5 update)

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys, I have been gone from the homebrew for a while, for some reason I cannot overwrite my SDHC's launcher.dat to update it with the latest gateway... do I need to format it or what? is it safe?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys, I have been gone from the homebrew for a while, for some reason I cannot overwrite my SDHC's launcher.dat to update it with the latest gateway... do I need to format it or what? is it safe?
You have most likely the write protect switch set on the SD card. its on the left side, has to be towards the contacts to be not protected.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for the quick reply! I really forget the SDHC has a write-protect. also, to update gateway, I only need to go to profile and let the console show up right? what button do I need to make the gateway menu appears?

DragonStefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello Guys,

I am a little bit confused about updating gateway 2.2 to 2.3b and after that I would like to format the EmuNAND.

So my question is..

"How do i update from gateway 2.2 to 2.3b??" ((some say it take 1 minute of work, only thing i did so far was reading and reading and reading and now im "confused")

O.K What i did is the following:
1. I got a 4gb SD card formated (fat32) and put it in my 3DS.
2. Turned on my 3DS created the folder automatically on my SD and i shut down the 3DS!~
3. I placed the card in my reader on my PC and copied the newest launcher.dat file. **firmware 2.3b**.
4. I placed the card in my 3DS and it loaded up.

5. What do i do now? Can i savely go to launch gateway via Open 'System Settings' - 'Other Settings ' - 'Profile', Hold [L button] and press Nintendo DS Profile , keep holding L button until gateway screen appears.... and than click on the option format EmuNand..

OR do i need to go one step back and install all the stuff from the BLUE Card again first. Like putting the files on the micro sd and then run all that stuff again to update to 2.3b?

Thanks in advance for answering this question.

Yf, Dragon

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,

I am a little bit confused about updating gateway 2.2 to 2.3b and after that I would like to format the EmuNAND.

So my question is..

"How do i update from gateway 2.2 to 2.3b??" ((some say it take 1 minute of work, only thing i did so far was reading and reading and reading and now im "confused")

O.K What i did is the following:
1. I got a 4gb SD card formated (fat32) and put it in my 3DS.
2. Turned on my 3DS created the folder automatically on my SD and i shut down the 3DS!~
3. I placed the card in my reader on my PC and copied the newest launcher.dat file. **firmware 2.3b**.
4. I placed the card in my 3DS and it loaded up.

5. What do i do now? Can i savely go to launch gateway via Open 'System Settings' - 'Other Settings ' - 'Profile', Hold [L button] and press Nintendo DS Profile , keep holding L button until gateway screen appears.... and than click on the option format EmuNand..

OR do i need to go one step back and install all the stuff from the BLUE Card again first. Like putting the files on the micro sd and then run all that stuff again to update to 2.3b?

Thanks in advance for answering this question.

Yf, Dragon

Unless youve used the blue card to play DS games you're fine to go ahead with everything you've said. Remember to make sure you see the GW3D in system settings when updating emunand.

DragonStefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong. If you dump a 3ds game from one 3ds and carry the save over to a gateway compatible 3ds with that same rom header and all, is that save shareable or is the save locked per device?

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know what the cheapest ds mode flashcart thats compatable with a 4.3fw 3ds is? i need one to replace my blue gateway card

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I want to swap my stock 2GB SD card with a new 16GB SD card. I know I can use the emuNAND tool to transfer the emunand to the new SD and then copy the files of the fat partition to the new SD but can't I just dd the old SD to the new SD and then expand the fat32 partition?

edit: by expand I mean expand to the right

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Hypothetically, let's say Nintendo releases a software update that isn't compatible with EmuNAND. What would someone's options be if they have yet to get a Gateway? Find a current game cart, update with that and call it a day?

Also, is it still required to leave games by closing the software and doing something else in order for games to save?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
1. Yeah, it's possible to update emunand via a rom by holding up as you enter gateway mode...nthis disables the FW spoof allowing a cart update to be ran......but it's not the recommended method for updating emunand, it's left in as a sort of secret option

2. Sort of, you can shut down the console, close the game,... Basically any normal method of exiting the game and the save will be transferred, but if the 3ds goes flat, crashes or you remove the cart mid game, the save will not be transferred and any progress since the last time you exited out will be lost

dvdrip

Trophies
XP
Country
Can somebody please have a clear tutorial on how to transfer datas of a SD card to a larger one ? Whith steps to follow and all ?

I saw that an Emunand tool is required, but I'm a little confused really. I cannot understand why it's not possible to simply copy and paste the datas of the old SD card to the new one :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch