• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello,
my Gateway 3DS cards just arrived in the mail, but the red card seems to be missing some plastic casing. I don't know if there is supposed to be casing on the back, where the micro-SD card goes, or if I'm just supposed to cover it up with the Gateway sticker that came with it. Can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with the Gateway cards shown in the pictures? I didn't want to try putting the stickers on right away, in case I need to ship them back in the state I received them in.
Thanks
That's just how it looks, but normally the sticker is over it, I think it's just due to space being limited in the card so they used all available space

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
Buyed new 2ds eur model AEH100337761. GW Blue card worked. Should i stay this fw 6.0.0.-12 i think this is earliest fw to 2ds. 7.x works new ssspwn but then i lose gw blue support. Btw funny that gw nds istaller install fine but entering gw mode white screen and error prompt.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Buyed new 2ds eur model AEH100337761. GW Blue card worked. Should i stay this fw 6.0.0.-12 i think this is earliest fw to 2ds. 7.x works new ssspwn but then i lose gw blue support. Btw funny that gw nds istaller install fine but entering gw mode white screen and error prompt.
That's just because the first part of the exploit still works and causes a crash as expected, but the second part of the exploit is fixed so nothing further can be done except a crash..........but with smealums ssspwn that entry point can be used to trigger a different second stage exploit, this was why smealum had to find a new entry point for ssspwn on 7.x as the first part was also fixed in 7.x

Reactions: MattKimura

oslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if i install emunand i will lose everything i have on my sd?
i have some 3dsware that i dont want to lose, can i backup them?

Livelongdienever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. But it's worth a shot.

I'm trying to mod a gamecube controller to work with a 2DS/3DS I've come across this website which has helped a lot but I don't speak Japanese and it's become quite hard to continue.

I wanted to see if anyone has done something like this or can point me in the right direction. It looks like this guy on the website has modded several 3DS' in different ways. So I believe it can be done.

http://imaginglabo.web.fc2.com/3DS-controller.html

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do I know if I'm in gateway mode? How do I bring up the menu?
If you've just performed the exploit, you are certainly on EmuNAND.
If you've just turned on the 3DS, you are certainly on system NAND.
Now, what you can do is... When you're certain you're on system NAND, create a folder called "S" and when you're certain you're on EmuNAND, create a folder called "E".
This way, if you see the folder "S", you know you're on system NAND, and when you see the folder "E", you know you're on emuNAND.
For some extra measures, you can also put the System Settings on the first slot in system NAND. Or you can increase or decrease icon size in system NAND.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay noob question: Where can we post 3DS save files here on gbatemp? I tried looking around, couldn't find anything. Im sure there's a section for saves somewhere.

Yoshimaster96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it even remotely possible to build an emulator given our current knowledge? Also, if it is, could someone inform me on:

the encryption used in the ROMs and how it works (if known)?
link to the ARM9 and ARM11 binary opcodes?
what is known about the PICA200 opcodes?
how the I/O registers are encoded (what is known)?

And yes, I'm building an emulator.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've done some searching about this, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. This is also something I don't want to risk trying for myself, so if someone has an answer to this, I'd appreciate it.
Can you take out the normal SD card while in EmuNAND or Gateway mode? What happens if you do that?

EDIT: When I say "the normal SD card" I mean the bigger on that's in the 3DS. The one holding launcher.dat

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done some searching about this, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. This is also something I don't want to risk trying for myself, so if someone has an answer to this, I'd appreciate it.
Can you take out the normal SD card while in EmuNAND or Gateway mode? What happens if you do that?

EDIT: When I say "the normal SD card" I mean the bigger on that's in the 3DS. The one holding launcher.dat
Well, since emunand runs off the sd card, taking the sd card out during emunand causes a black screen and "an error has occurred. Please hold the power button to turn off the 3ds bla bla" message.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, since emunand runs off the sd card, taking the sd card out during emunand causes a black screen and "an error has occurred. Please hold the power button to turn off the 3ds bla bla" message.
Alright, thank you. I did know that EmuNAND was on the SD card, but I thought that maybe you didn't need to have the SD card in at all times, as long as you don't do anything with the 3DS at that moment.
Does it also give this error if you take out the SD card while the 3DS is sleeping (on EmuNAND or Gateway mode)?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah you just get the "an error has occurred" message, also worth noting I think it could potentially mess up emunand, my emunand mess up up once after knocking the 3ds, I got the error has occurred message and then it just kept freezing on a back screen when I booted emunand, if I pressed the power button the "do you want to power off" screen would appear then it would freeze on the home screen text and not load the homescreen, I have seen people with this happen on retail 3ds's so I think it might actually be potential issue with how the 3ds deals with sudden cuts in power

Joestaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick question for anyone who is in-the-know about the pokemon scene now. I haven't been following it and just decided to try Pokemon on the gateway this week.

As a stand alone Gateway 3ds, what are my options for collecting Pokemon? What are the known ways for getting other version exclusive pokemon or all three starter pokemon on a single gateway 3ds? If it makes any difference I have a NDS with White 2 as well.

Appreciate any light someone can shed on it.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah you just get the "an error has occurred" message, also worth noting I think it could potentially mess up emunand, my emunand mess up up once after knocking the 3ds, I got the error has occurred message and then it just kept freezing on a back screen when I booted emunand, if I pressed the power button the "do you want to power off" screen would appear then it would freeze on the home screen text and not load the homescreen, I have seen people with this happen on retail 3ds's so I think it might actually be potential issue with how the 3ds deals with sudden cuts in power
Dang, even if it's in sleep? So every time I want to take out the SD card, I'll have to turn off the 3DS...
It's of course not the biggest problem but it's a hassle that could be avoided if Gateway saved to the MicroSD card instead.

Deblois

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello guys i was wondering something. just recently got a 2ds , and ive got this r4i thingy and have been using for my previous ds lite.
i was wondering can it be used in the 2ds as well to play nds game? ive tried it but it says error on the 2ds , because i heard that the r4i can play normal nds games on a 3ds...

thank you

Attachments

• DSC_0658.JPG
    DSC_0658.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 198

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys i was wondering something. just recently got a 2ds , and ive got this r4i thingy and have been using for my previous ds lite.
i was wondering can it be used in the 2ds as well to play nds game? ive tried it but it says error on the 2ds , because i heard that the r4i can play normal nds games on a 3ds...

thank you
I don't know much about all the compatibility, but yes, there are DS flashcards that work even on the 3DS (or 2DS). What's important to know for now is the Firmware version of your 2DS and the firmware version on your R4i.

D

Deleted User

All I want to do is play japanese super smash bros. 4 with friends when it comes out. Not intrested in any other features.

Is there a way to make this happen, without buying flash card or similar? Just SD-card and other regular stuff?

I got a small european 3ds, version 7.1.0-15E.

If flash card is really the only option, how fast does ROMs usually come out, since game is released?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one