• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

dsdork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions- updating to 4.1-4.5 FW and SDHC memory card.

I picked up a Ver. 1.1.0-OU 3DS for $99 at radioshack a few days ago. I have a Gateway in the mail. Do I need to buy a game from this list to get it to a usable FW version:
http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

Is there another way to this?
Does it matter if I put it on $.1 or 4.5 or is it all the same as long as I have it between 4.1 and 4.5?
Is there a cheapo game that is recommended since I don't plan on buying anything this old for my collection?
Is there a great game I should get instead (paper mario)?

Good memory cards for newer 3DS backups?
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/120...uhs-1-sdhc-memory-cards-32gb-plus-15-16gb-pro
Any reason to get the 32 over the 16? IS the multirom sweet enough that it is worth getting a 32 gig?

Thanks in advance from an old timer.

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is there another way to this?
Does it matter if I put it on $.1 or 4.5 or is it all the same as long as I have it between 4.1 and 4.5?
Is there a cheapo game that is recommended since I don't plan on buying anything this old for my collection?
Is there a great game I should get instead (paper mario)?
Go here: http://3ds.essh.co/

Type in any of the following in the search:

4.1.0U
4.3.0U
4.4.0U
4.5.0U

dsdork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go here: http://3ds.essh.co/
Type in any of the following in the search...

Thanks for the reply. The searchable site provides more options than the eurasia list.

So I assume this means:
  • I do have to get a cart with the correct firmware update on it
  • any version 4.1.0U- 4.5.0U is equally good
I bought the 32GB Samsung Plus Class 10 UHS-1 SDHC Memory Card (MB-SPBGC/AM) on sale for $14.99 from the slickdeals thread. I hope this does the job.
Thanks again.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Gateway user with a FAT32 microsd card, and for the first time I've encountered games with file sizes bigger than four gigs. What exactly is the process to go about reducing or splitting these file sizes? Thanks.

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm a Gateway user with a FAT32 microsd card, and for the first time I've encountered games with file sizes bigger than four gigs. What exactly is the process to go about reducing or splitting these file sizes? Thanks.

I would suggest you format your microsd card to ExFat, so that you can copy files bigger than 4gb.

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for the reply. The searchable site provides more options than the eurasia list.

So I assume this means:
  • I do have to get a cart with the correct firmware update on it
  • any version 4.1.0U- 4.5.0U is equally good
I bought the 32GB Samsung Plus Class 10 UHS-1 SDHC Memory Card (MB-SPBGC/AM) on sale for $14.99 from the slickdeals thread. I hope this does the job.
Thanks again.
Yes, those were what I meant. You're welcome.

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What do you guys use to install multiple roms on Gateway 2.2? I'm trying with Win32DiskImager, but when I put the cartridge in the 3DS nothing shows up.

belfastbloke

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem,i just got a 3dsxl ver 4.5 and my gateway card.Put a rom unto the micro sd and nothing shows up.
I first ran the rom throught windisk manager.Ive updated the gateway card,but still nothing works.When do you hold the select buttom.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem,i just got a 3dsxl ver 4.5 and my gateway card.Put a rom unto the micro sd and nothing shows up.
I first ran the rom throught windisk manager.Ive updated the gateway card,but still nothing works.When do you hold the select buttom.

I believe you press it when at the main menu under Gateway mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...