• Views 4,544,551
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only Mario kart has been released as an updated cartridge, so you can get the rom of that and not need the patch. There are no patched roms of the other games that need updates.
Whoa so why is my 3ds still telling me to update my mario kart 7 still? You said its a patched rom. Do I have to get an actual patched rom instead?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Whoa so why is my 3ds still telling me to update my mario kart 7 still? You said its a patched rom. Do I have to get an actual patched rom instead?
There is a US scene dump and a EU scene dump that have the 1.1 update built in, this is because Nintendo released an actual retail cart with the update built in, you will need to download one of the releases that has the 1.1 patch built in you can't add it to an existing 1.0 dump

Reactions: Herobroski

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you backed up your nand while it was on an earlier firmware (4.5 or whatever)
Then you can downgrade your 3ds with that nand using the hardware nand mod

Bl00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, I've just bought a used 3DS XL with firmware 4.3, now I plan on grabbing the Gateway 3DS along with a 64GB microSDXC card.
Do I need to buy a retail cardridge to update the 3DS XL to firmware 4.5 before using the Gateway 3DS module?
If not, would there be any downsides to staying with firmware 4.3 compared to firmware 4.5?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've just bought a used 3DS XL with firmware 4.3, now I plan on grabbing the Gateway 3DS along with a 64GB microSDXC card.
Do I need to buy a retail cardridge to update the 3DS XL to firmware 4.5 before using the Gateway 3DS module?
If not, would there be any downsides to staying with firmware 4.3 compared to firmware 4.5?

You can stay on 4.3. Nothing different at all. You're good.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Seeing as you will be getting your gateway soon you will be able to update with a rom using the 1.0 firmware.....just make sure you update before running 2.2 firmware as you can't do that once you have updated the FPGA......but really it doesn't matter if you stay on 4.3

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any kind of hack yet for 3DS firmware version 7.1.0-16U that enables 3DS-mode homebrew without any specialized hardware other than a DS-mode flashcart? I tried the ROP loader, but it didn't work; is this because I updated when I shouldn't have?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any kind of hack yet for 3DS firmware version 7.1.0-16U that enables 3DS-mode homebrew without any specialized hardware other than a DS-mode flashcart? I tried the ROP loader, but it didn't work; is this because I updated when I shouldn't have?

Current released exploits require a firmware of max 4.5. There are unreleased exploits for 6.X, possibly 7.X, but the info so far from them is that they are used for homebrew only (not enough access for Gateway rom loading).

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Is having EmuNand really a must? I have no intention of playing ROMS online but I still want to play the latest games. Do I still have to update?

2) How do you add multiple ROMS on your microSD card? Do you still have to use the disc imaging software according to the video "Gateway 3DS - The Complete Guide"? Or is it just copy and paste the ROMS to the root?

3) Is saving automatic when playing games on Gateway? Or do I have to press some magic button?

4) Once I installed Gateway, is it true that if I run a DS game on another flashcart like AceKard 2i the exploit will be gone?

I don't have the Gateway yet so please bear with me :P

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Is having EmuNand really a must? I have no intention of playing ROMS online but I still want to play the latest games. Do I still have to update?

2) How do you add multiple ROMS on your microSD card? Do you still have to use the disc imaging software according to the video "Gateway 3DS - The Complete Guide"? Or is it just copy and paste the ROMS to the root?

3) Is saving automatic when playing games on Gateway? Or do I have to press some magic button?

4) Once I installed Gateway, is it true that if I run a DS game on another flashcart like AceKard 2i the exploit will be gone?

I don't have the Gateway yet so please bear with me :P

1) Emunand is not needed, don't even need to create it. It's used for Online functions but won't do you any good cause 7.2 doesn't work with emunand in full.
2) just place the rom in your Micro SD Card's root, no folders, just the rom.
3) If the game does auto-save, it will auto-save. works just like an actual game
4) Exploit is gone if you run anything in DS-mode, regardless of cart. To enable it, run the DS Gateway app again.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Emunand is not needed, don't even need to create it. It's used for Online functions but won't do you any good cause 7.2 doesn't work with emunand in full.
2) just place the rom in your Micro SD Card's root, no folders, just the rom.
3) If the game does auto-save, it will auto-save. works just like an actual game
4) Exploit is gone if you run anything in DS-mode, regardless of cart. To enable it, run the DS Gateway app again.

Regarding:

3) I remembered someone saying that you should press Home, X then confirm so that your saves won't be gone when you exit... Is it true or what?

4) So I have to run the Gateway installer again?

Seqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Haven't been on here in months, since around the time of the first bricking cases...

I have GW 1.2 firmware..
Can I safely upgrade to Omega, and is there a guide on how to do it?
Which Omega should I choose? I have no interest in playing online, homebrew or anything like that but I do want multirom. That's the only thing I care about.
Do I need to purchase new MicroSD cards or can I still use the ones I have been using with 1.2?
Has there been any bricks since Omega's first release?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding:

3) I remembered someone saying that you should press Home, X then confirm so that your saves won't be gone when you exit... Is it true or what?

4) So I have to run the Gateway installer again?

I heard of 3 too but I have no idea how it works or when to do it, i can't find info on this through google. I haven't played any pokemon or animal crossing games though
if you boot DS roms or apps, you need to run the gateway app again on DS mode

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't been on here in months, since around the time of the first bricking cases...

I have GW 1.2 firmware..
1) Can I safely upgrade to Omega, and is there a guide on how to do it?
2) Which Omega should I choose? I have no interest in playing online, homebrew or anything like that but I do want multirom. That's the only thing I care about.
3) Do I need to purchase new MicroSD cards or can I still use the ones I have been using with 1.2?
4) Has there been any bricks since Omega's first release?
1)yes, all you do is copy the new launcher file to the 3ds sd card and when you try to start gateway mode it will prompt you that it will upgrade the card, just let it upgrade it
2) just go with 2.2 even if you wont use these features they will be there if you ever want too
3) reformat your microsd card to exFAT and then just drop the roms onto it
4) no bricks since omega beta was leaked, only bricks are from people still using 2.0b2 for some reason and r4i deluxe and 3dslink users

Seqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1)yes, all you do is copy the new launcher file to the 3ds sd card and when you try to start gateway mode it will prompt you that it will upgrade the card, just let it upgrade it
2) just go with 2.2 even if you wont use these features they will be there if you ever want too
3) reformat your microsd card to exFAT and then just drop the roms onto it
4) no bricks since omega beta was leaked, only bricks are from people still using 2.0b2 for some reason and r4i deluxe and 3dslink users

Thanks! I don't do anything about the blue card micro sd or files, right? Only the SD card in the DS (update launcher dat) and red card micro SD (reformat -> exfat). Roms can be dragged and dropped now? On the root of the micro SD or?

Edit:

Got it to work, I think... thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: