• Views 4,468,125
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have an XL 4.3 with R4i Gold Deluxe on 3.3b.

When I try to run Mario Golf World Tour (EUR) it gives me an error "Game card was removed".

I tried writing Mario Tennis to my MicroSD and that runs just fine, so I don't think it's faulty hardware.

Is Mario Golf too new for the R4i Gold Deluxe? I don't know what emunand is, but is it something related to that? Is Mario Golf incompatible for all R4i users?
it may work if you use 3.0 FW but 3.0 is pretty buggy, do NOT use 3.1 or 3.2 the can and will brick your 3ds....3.0 should be fine though and *should* play most newer games

RavenGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may work if you use 3.0 FW but 3.0 is pretty buggy, do NOT use 3.1 or 3.2 the can and will brick your 3ds....3.0 should be fine though and *should* play most newer games

R4i website only provides latest firmware (3.3b) and I cannot find older firmware. I only have 2.0 and 3.3b backed up. Is there a place where older versions are hosted?

FYI I'm not asking someone to directly link it here which may be a forum offense.

wafflewrestler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant find if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if my 3ds can do these things:
play 3ds roms
play original ds roms
play gba roms
play gb color roms
play gb roms
In other words, with the proper flash cart and emulators, can I make the 3ds fully backwards compatible with all nintendo handheld consoles?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant find if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if my 3ds can do these things:
play 3ds roms
play original ds roms
play gba roms
play gb color roms
play gb roms
In other words, with the proper flash cart and emulators, can I make the 3ds fully backwards compatible with all nintendo handheld consoles?

Get gateway for 3ds, get dstwo for everything else. You can emulate snes too (although it's not really perfect)

RavenGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question about my R4i Gold Deluxe.

The blue exploit card seems to have a familiar DS rom select interface. Does this card actually double as playing DS roms (hence R4i 'Deluxe' I guess)?

If yes, then I make it output as DS' original resolution (pixel perfect, 100% zoom) instead of stretching to 3DS resolution? The pixels look smudgy and blurry.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have another question about my R4i Gold Deluxe.

The blue exploit card seems to have a familiar DS rom select interface. Does this card actually double as playing DS roms (hence R4i 'Deluxe' I guess)?

If yes, then I make it output as DS' original resolution (pixel perfect, 100% zoom) instead of stretching to 3DS resolution? The pixels look smudgy and blurry.
Yes, the blue card's just a cheap ds cart. Hold select while launching ds cart to get original resolution

Reactions: RavenGT

wafflewrestler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which Flash Cart should I get? I looked at the page describing the differences between flash carts and I am still unsure. I have a standard Nintendo DSi, and I want it to do the following:
play original ds and dsi roms
play gba roms
play gb color roms
play gb roms
What is the best flash cart that can do all of these things? can supercard dstwo do gameboy and gameboy color games?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure how you ended up in the 3DS thread, but yeah, the supercard dstwo is what you want. Yes to the gb/gbc games.

Edit: I didn't see you mentioned dsi roms. Don't know if it does those, someone else can confirm. Don't know if there are many of them to worry about tho.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Not sure how you ended up in the 3DS thread, but yeah, the supercard dstwo is what you want. Yes to the gb/gbc games.

Edit: I didn't see you mentioned dsi roms. Don't know if it does those, someone else can confirm. Don't know if there are many of them to worry about tho.

It'll run DSi e+ games in DS mode. DSi only games won't work.

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm new here. I've read some of the basics but I have a few specific questions:

1. Is the New LovePlus, New LovePlus+, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies compatible with Gateway 3DS? I can't find those in the compatibility tables, I figured it was missed so I had to ask.
2. New LovePlus+ has a 6.2.0J FW, since Gateway 3DS has region free and firmware spoofing, will it work nonetheless with a 3DS XL with 4.5.0 FW?
3. Can I play DS games using Gateway 3DS eg. Apollo Justice, LovePlus and LovePlus+?

Auto thanks to people who replies :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hello, I'm new here. I've read some of the basics but I have a few specific questions:

1. Is the New LovePlus, New LovePlus+, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies compatible with Gateway 3DS? I can't find those in the compatibility tables, I figured it was missed so I had to ask.
2. New LovePlus+ has a 6.2.0J FW, since Gateway 3DS has region free and firmware spoofing, will it work nonetheless with a 3DS XL with 4.5.0 FW?
3. Can I play DS games using Gateway 3DS eg. Apollo Justice, LovePlus and LovePlus+?

Auto thanks to people who replies :)
sure, why not, i haven't tested them but there's nothing special about them, they'll work.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't been following the news lately and have a couple doubts.

I'm gonna buy a new 3ds xl and already own one that i use with a 3dslink.
Do i need to do a system transfer from my old 3ds to the new one to keep the saves from the 3dslink games, or i just need to copy the contents of the sdcard to keep the game saves?
Also, will the 3dslink game saves work with a gateway/mt card?

And regarding mt card vs gateway, besides the exfat support of gateway, is there anything that gateway can do that mt card can't? and vice-versa.

noler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a 3DS with the Gateway 3DS included. I have 2 questions.
1. Is it possible for me to move my save files from my old 3DS where I have played some games already?
2. Is it possible to dump more than 1 game rom (with the included feature) to a SD card? So I can use the multi rom-feature?

Edit: Figured #2 out myself. It was easier than I thought :P But still wonder 'bout question #1 though.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And regarding mt card vs gateway, besides the exfat support of gateway, is there anything that gateway can do that mt card can't? and vice-versa.

Gateway can also dump retail carts
Run split roms
100% compatability
Multirom popup menu
And is faster with updates

Reactions: Elusivo

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Can someone explain how does the 3DS's save encryption works?
Also, since you can exchange GW saves that means they're encrypted with the same key right?

vernacular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using GW 2.1
Can I just trim and super-trim all my roms except the "problematic roms" listed here or just avoid trimming any Card2 roms altogether? How up to date is that list? How would I figure out what roms are Card2? (nevermind, realized 3DS Explorer shows Card1/Card2 types)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far