• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

9x0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What size SD card is recommended for a new 3ds LL? I don't want to sacrifice speed/loading times and plan on having lots of downloaded games.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What size SD card is recommended for a new 3ds LL? I don't want to sacrifice speed/loading times and plan on having lots of downloaded games.
Go with whatever size really, apart from the initial boot up, which may take a while if you go with a +256gb sd card and it is full of games.. it won't affect loading times in games, atleast it won't be noticeable.
Also, you should format 128gb sd cards (or bigger) with 64kb cluster size, or gba games won't display correctly (if you care about them).
Can't tell you about 512gb sd cards, but expect atleast 40s~1min booting time..

9x0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Go with whatever size really, apart from the initial boot up, which may take a while if you go with a +256gb sd card and it is full of games.. it won't affect loading times in games, atleast it won't be noticeable.
Also, you should format 128gb sd cards (or bigger) with 64kb cluster size, or gba games won't display correctly (if you care about them).
Can't tell you about 512gb sd cards, but expect atleast 40s~1min booting time..
Ok, so would a 128gb(w/ 64kb cluster) would be a good choice? Or should I go with a 256? I do plan on some gba games, mostly 3ds though. I plan on hoarding a lot of nintendo handheld games.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so would a 128gb(w/ 64kb cluster) would be a good choice? Or should I go with a 256? I do plan on some gba games, mostly 3ds though. I plan on hoarding a lot of nintendo handheld games.
I can't tell you what size you should get, that's up to you.. And btw, you could always upgrade the sd card to a larger one, you just copy/ paste data from the old sd to the new one.

And whatever sd card you get, just make sure to check it for errors with h2testw, even if it's new, there's a lot of fake sd cards out there, so do that to know for sure that it's not gonna corrupt on you once it hits its true capacity (common for fakes).

Reactions: 9x0

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello guys, so i'm looking to swap my switch's old sd card with my 3ds (64 to 128). do i just have to move the files to the new card? my 3ds is on latest sysnand with latest luma and b9s.
thanks to everyone that helps answering.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys, so i'm looking to swap my switch's old sd card with my 3ds (64 to 128). do i just have to move the files to the new card? my 3ds is on latest sysnand with latest luma and b9s.
thanks to everyone that helps answering.
Yes, you can do that. Just format the sdcard as Fat32 64kb cluster size, and copy/paste all the data from the old sd card to the new one.

Reactions: hyprskllz

Gregor_Samsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello guys,
I recently acquired a new 3ds and wanted to install homebrew on it but it already has homebrew (luma and godmode 9) but the previous owner formated the system and kept the sd card. I dont know what to do in this situation as i am afraid of bricking my system. Does anyone know what i can do to install apps like fbi checkpoint etc.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,
I recently acquired a new 3ds and wanted to install homebrew on it but it already has homebrew (luma and godmode 9) but the previous owner formated the system and kept the sd card. I dont know what to do in this situation as i am afraid of bricking my system. Does anyone know what i can do to install apps like fbi checkpoint etc.
Follow Restoring/Updating CFW to ensure that's up to date, then follow the Finalizing Setup page linked at the bottom of that one.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you take a screenshot with both top and bottom combined?
Rosalina Menu only takes the top and bottom seperated. Unless there's something I don't know.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

bea_the_bumblebee

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i recently got a 3ds in order to play the later pokemon games but they arent working on it, it does however work with my ds cards ive tried using other consoles and the games still dont work, could anyone explain this?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently got a 3ds in order to play the later pokemon games but they arent working on it, it does however work with my ds cards
What later games? Is it ORAS, or SM & USUM?
Do you see any error of sorts when launch them? Or just black screen?
Also i take it you have cfw installed?
What about other 3ds carts, do they work (if you have any)?
ive tried using other consoles and the games still dont work, could anyone explain this?
You've tried using these same Pokémon carts on other 3dses and same thing happened?

Gregor_Samsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What later games? Is it ORAS, or SM & USUM?
Do you see any error of sorts when launch them? Or just black screen?
Also i take it you have cfw installed?
What about other 3ds carts, do they work (if you have any)?

You've tried using these same Pokémon carts on other 3dses and same thing happened?
Maybe she is using something like an r4 card for the 3ds that was patched by Nintendo in an update and that's why it doesn't work ?
(Just a noobs opinion)

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe she is using something like an r4 card for the 3ds that was patched by Nintendo in an update and that's why it doesn't work ?
(Just a noobs opinion)
She said "DS carts" in comparison, so i only assumed that she's using carts, and not flashcarts, as no one is using 3ds flashcarts nowadays..

hack3r2507

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, I turned on my 3DS after some years today. I had Luma installed but it wouldn't start, so I copied the latest boot.firm and boot.3dsx to the SD Card. After that it started but my themes and all my apps are gone. I looked at the files and I noticed that inside of the Luma folder there is no titles folder, just a file called "titles" which is 0 bytes. Is that an issue?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I turned on my 3DS after some years today. I had Luma installed but it wouldn't start, so I copied the latest boot.firm and boot.3dsx to the SD Card. After that it started but my themes and all my apps are gone. I looked at the files and I noticed that inside of the Luma folder there is no titles folder, just a file called "titles" which is 0 bytes. Is that an issue?
Nope, your games go to the 32 character folder inside "sd:/Nintendo 3DS",if it's not there for some reason then you've lost your installed games & saves. If not, then it could be something else like sd card corruption.
You could try running faketik if that's the case, but honestly i'd check the sd card for errors with h2testw first, a fake/ dying could be the cause of your problem. Just make sure to backup your data before doing so..

Reactions: godreborn

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As above, your SD card may be faulty.

To be precise: copy everything off the card (use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier just in case something is corrupted), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and if the test is okay, copy everything back again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye