• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I suppose if you're using the kind of System Transfer that actually copies all the data wirelessly from one 3DS to the other without swapping SD cards, then only legitimate titles will transfer even if CFW is installed or not – but that's an enormously slow way of doing a System Transfer.)
Well, that's what i was talking about precisely.
Fake tickets are still fake tickets and don't have a valid signature.
The only titles that can be started without CFW and without buying them on the eShop, are those with universal legit signature.
Yes, i know.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As of today, is it safe to update my 2DS to the latest version and still be able to jailbreak it without any issues? :)

If yes, should I follow this website? :)
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my System Firmware is currently at: 9.0.0-20E.

Last edited by Naxster,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
As of today, is it safe to update my 2DS to the latest version and still be able to jailbreak it without any issues? :)

If yes, should I follow this website? :)
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my System Firmware is currently at: 9.0.0-20E.
Yes it's safe and that's the best guide. You might actually want to mod it first then update though since it'll save a bit of time, you're on an old enough version to use Soundhax.

Reactions: CoolMe

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes it's safe and that's the best guide. You might actually want to mod it first then update though since it'll save a bit of time, you're on an old enough version to use Soundhax.
Just jailbreaked it using Soundhax and everything worked great! Thank you! :D

Out of curiosity, is it safe to remove the SD card? And is my System firmware now on the latest or it the EmuNAND (CFW)? :)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know if the guide is updated because on 11.16 the universal otherapp is patched, already mentioned here.
Of course the Guide is up to date. The guide was updated moments after 11.16 was released.

Unviersal-otherapp has been patched, but if you look at those instructions a little more closely, you will find they no longer use universal-otherapp. Pichaxx can still be used in other ways; that's precisely what it says in the post you linked to.

Out of curiosity, is it safe to remove the SD card?
Why don't you try it and find out..?

Actually: you should probably try to avoid handling your SD card as much as possible. You can add and remove files from the SD card as necessary using ftpd . You should regularly back up your save data using Checkpoint ; 3DSync may also be useful as far as that is concerned.

And is my System firmware now on the latest or it the EmuNAND (CFW)?
EmuNAND has not been necessary or advisable for many years now.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have read these two guides on setting up EmuNAND and I feel ready to go, but they didn't mention, is it possible to have more than one EmuNAND? I would like for my US N3DS to have one for the EU region and one for JP.

And if it's possible, should I make both of the extra partitions at once when I format the SD card, or is it wiser to do the entire process twice?

Edit: I just saw that the previous post said
EmuNAND has not been necessary or advisable for many years now.
Is this because there's a new alternative, or what?
The main reason I wanted to use EmuNANDs is to run the Badge Arcade from multiple regions. Since they have differing collections of badges available, I assume you'd need to run each one on a separate NAND.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like for my US N3DS to have one for the EU region and one for JP.
But why? CFW defeats the region lockout; once CFW is installed, you can run software from any region. The only thing really affected by the NAND region is the Home menu language and eShop access – and no matter how many NANDs you set up, you're not going to be able to access more than one region's eShop.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But why? CFW defeats the region lockout; once CFW is installed, you can run software from any region. The only thing really affected by the NAND region is the Home menu language and eShop access – and no matter how many NANDs you set up, you're not going to be able to access more than one region's eShop.
I stated above: Nintendo Badge Arcade has different collections in each region. The software is (W) and connects to the version indicated by your 3DS region. I'm also fairly sure that you can't have more than one set of badge data per NAND.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stated above: Nintendo Badge Arcade has different collections in each region. The software is (W) and connects to the version indicated by your 3DS region.
Are you sure about that..? Have you read about someone else doing this before?

You may be in uncharted territory here. Messing with Badge Arcade is one thing that has been known to trigger bans.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure about that..? Have you read about someone else doing this before?

You may be in uncharted territory here. Messing with Badge Arcade is one thing that has been known to trigger bans.
I've looked into the available .cias and it appears to be just one version. I've extracted and explored its files and it has graphics and text for every region's languages.

I asked somebody on Rverse (Miiverse replacement) how they go about keeping two regions' collections on the same 3DS and they told me by using EmuNAND. Another Rverse user frequently posts updates on their full collection using cheats (which I'm not interested in doing), saying they only problem they've encountered is a 1-day ban that triggers when they complete 25 or more sets in a single day.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know if you can set up multi-region emunands on the same sd card.. I know that you can do more than 1 for one region, maybe the process is the same (just with different regions)?

CrimsonRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there a way to do a system transfer from my old 3DS to my brand new N3DS without losing the data on the old one? None of my systems are hacked. I want to use my brand new N3DS, but I don't want to loose all of the data on my OG launch 3DS. I have had it since 2011, and I just can't bring myself to having it formatted because of a system transfer. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to do a system transfer from my old 3DS to my brand new N3DS without losing the data on the old one? None of my systems are hacked. I want to use my brand new N3DS, but I don't want to loose all of the data on my OG launch 3DS. I have had it since 2011, and I just can't bring myself to having it formatted because of a system transfer. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?
Hack them and do a nand backup on the old one before system transfer. If your against that. Then no, there aint nothing you can do except start over on the new console.

Reactions: CrimsonRed

CrimsonRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It won't be lost; the whole point of the System Transfer is that all your data will be transferred to your new unit. What did you think it did..? Why did you buy a new unit if you weren't going to do this?
The data will be lost on the old 3DS when the system is transferred to the new N3DS. I don't want to see my OG 3DS being empty. I want my data on both of them. I still want my data to be on the old 3DS because of my strong sentimental feelings toward it. I wanted a new N3DS for the most optimal 3DS gaming experience. That's why I bought a new one. I didn't think of the consequences before now.
Post automatically merged:

Hack them and do a nand backup on the old one before system transfer. If your against that. Then no, there aint nothing you can do except start over on the new console.
Will I get banned from playing online or using the eShop if I hack my system? I would not prefer to do this, but it's better than the alternative of having my old console completely wiped. Will the activity logs be carried over?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted a new N3DS for the most optimal 3DS gaming experience.
Well, then you're going to have to decide whether your "sentimental feelings" merit a "sub-optimal gaming experience", aren't you?

What exactly makes you think a new N3DS is more "optimal", anyway? What specific features do you have in mind? Why don't you just use your new N3DS for whatever is more "optimal" and leave your old system as-is if it bothers you that much?

Will I get banned from playing online or using the eShop if I hack my system?
Merely hacking your system isn't going to cause problems like that, but you definitely can't have the same NNID logged on to two systems at the same time. No one that I know of has done tests to see if this can trigger some kind of ban, but it definitely seems like the sort of thing that likely would – at the very least it won't work correctly.

Will the activity logs be carried over?
Do you expect to be able to have the same System Log on two different systems and keep them synchronized, or something!? This is difficult to understand.

CrimsonRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, then you're going to have to decide whether your "sentimental feelings" merit a "sub-optimal gaming experience", aren't you?

What exactly makes you think a new N3DS is more "optimal", anyway? What specific features do you have in mind? Why don't you just use your new N3DS for whatever is more "optimal" and leave your old system as-is if it bothers you that much?
Look at the improvements that the N3DS has over the OG 3DS. Those are my reasons for wanting a new one. Bigger screens without sacrificing too much pixel density, more stable 3D, C-stick, faster loading times, amiibo support etc.

Hmm, can I just simply log out of my old 3DS and log in on the new one? If I can preserve my old 3DS's files etc. by doing that, then it could work. My downloaded games will probably be removed on the old one when logging out, right? I'm guessing my save files will not be carried over? That's why I have to do a system transfer?
Merely hacking your system isn't going to cause problems like that, but you definitely can't have the same NNID logged on to two systems at the same time. No one that I know of has done tests to see if this can trigger some kind of ban, but it definitely seems like the sort of thing that likely would – at the very least it won't work correctly.
Ah ok, I see. I will have that in mind, if I decide to hack them.
Do you expect to be able to have the same System Log on two different systems and keep them synchronized, or something!? This is difficult to understand.
Sorry about the confusion! If I were to do a system transfer, will the activity logs (playtime etc.) be carried over to the new system? I couldn't find any info about this.

I think I will just log out of my old 3DS and log in on the new N3DS. That way my old 3DS will not be formatted and I can access my digital games on the new one. Are there any big downsides to this approach? Again, I want to preserve my old 3DS as much as possible.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look at the improvements that the N3DS has over the OG 3DS. Those are my reasons for wanting a new one. Bigger screens without sacrificing too much pixel density, more stable 3D, C-stick, faster loading times, amiibo support etc.
That doesn't really answer the question. Are you going to use any of those features? Are you regularly using the 3D on your o3DS right now, and do you think head tracking would substantially improve your experience? Are you playing any games that have C-stick or amiibo support? Do you think amiibos would improve your experience? Do you even own any amiibos? (Have you seen the prices for those things?) Are you bothered by the load times on any of the games you are playing?

I'm guessing my save files will not be carried over? That's why I have to do a system transfer?
What exactly do you think System Transfer does..? Generally, it transfers all internal system data (including the NNID, Miis, and Activity Log data) and the encryption key, so you can just take the SD card out of the old system, put it in the new system, and pick up exactly where you left off.

I think I will just log out of my old 3DS and log in on the new N3DS. That way my old 3DS will not be formatted and I can access my digital games on the new one. Are there any big downsides to this approach?
If you don't do a System Transfer, all your old data is going to be stuck on your old system. I don't know what you think "log out" and "log in" means, as none of your game data is stored on Nintendo's servers (except for maybe Badge Arcade and Pokemon Bank).

Copying save game data without doing a System Transfer generally requires installing CFW on both systems. Technically, you can get around this with some effort, but most people just install CFW.

If you've only purchased a game once and you want to have it installed simultaneously on two different systems, then that would be piracy. In that case you might as well just install CFW on your new system and install illegal downloads from the Internet.

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to help mod my friends old 2ds, and afaik he’s on the the latest version. However, he has no access to the friends app due to parental controls. What’s the best way to do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍