• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

YaBoiJon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your SD Card formatted to FAT32? It needs to be formatted to FAT32.

If you have wiped the contents of your SD Card and have formatted to FAT32. You need to follow the steps to re-inject FBI and install FBI.
Link: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Thanks. Yes, I had formated the card to fat32 before everything. I still have the original card with everything on it but now nothing shows up when it's in the ds. So I basically need to redo rhe steps for arm9loaderhax?

sent from my toaster using taptalk

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Yes, I had formated the card to fat32 before everything. I still have the original card with everything on it but now nothing shows up when it's in the ds. So I basically need to redo rhe steps for arm9loaderhax?

sent from my toaster using taptalk
You need to do the steps that apply to you only. Such as injecting FBI and all that stuff.

Reactions: YaBoiJon

resetes12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 3DS XL is on 11.2. What can I do here? How can I update to 11.3? What can I do with 11.2/11.3 (CFW or similar?)?

I'm a noob in 3DS territory...

Last edited by resetes12,

resetes12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have cfw? Do you want cfw? Why do you want to update to 11.3? Explain a bit more please.

I don't have CFW. I suppose I want CFW (what benefits does it have? 3DS games, Region free? If so, yes). Is all this compatible with 11.2 without needing to update to 11.3?

I understand about PSP and PSVita, but nearly zero about 3DS. That's what I am interested.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't have CFW. I suppose I want CFW (what benefits does it have? 3DS games, Region free? If so, yes). Is all this compatible with 11.2 without needing to update to 11.3?

I understand about PSP and PSVita, but nearly zero about 3DS. That's what I am interested.
You should have a look at https://3ds.guide/ Basically cfw allows pirating games, region-free, homebrew and so on.

Reactions: resetes12

Don Ravioli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I have CFW (Luma) via menuhax (yes, I know, old stuff, sysnand on 9.2, it's slow etc etc, it's enough for me). My question is : with 11.4 out, can I update my 11.2 emunand without consequences, do I need to update other stuff first, or am I unable to do it at all ?

resetes12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should have a look at https://3ds.guide/ Basically cfw allows pirating games, region-free, homebrew and so on.

That worked, thanks. I now have a CFW.

Since I'm learning into 3DS CFW, I'll ask some questions:

a) I have a .cia game. When I install it, can I remove the .cia file?
b) I have a .cia game and a .cia update of the game. What now? I install the .cia update after the game? Will that work?
c) What about playing online? Will it work? Will they ban me if I use a dumped game? What about my original games?

Sorry about that questions, I'm searching online for answers but I guess it's faster to ask here.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That worked, thanks. I now have a CFW.

Since I'm learning into 3DS CFW, I'll ask some questions:

a) I have a .cia game. When I install it, can I remove the .cia file?
b) I have a .cia game and a .cia update of the game. What now? I install the .cia update after the game? Will that work?
c) What about playing online? Will it work? Will they ban me if I use a dumped game? What about my original games?

Sorry about that questions, I'm searching online for answers but I guess it's faster to ask here.
a. Yes
b. Yes
c. You can. You'll not be banned unless you cheat or use rom hacks.

Reactions: resetes12

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have CFW (Luma) via menuhax (yes, I know, old stuff, sysnand on 9.2, it's slow etc etc, it's enough for me). My question is : with 11.4 out, can I update my 11.2 emunand without consequences, do I need to update other stuff first, or am I unable to do it at all ?
Theoretically it should work. You should always update other stuff first. People are reporting several broken things in 11.4.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a. Yes
b. Yes
c. You can. You'll not be banned unless you cheat or use rom hacks.
Or please a cart dump online before the release date.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi guys, I want to buy a New 3DS XL, do any of them ship with the latest FW on? I don't want to end up buying an un-exploitable console.

No. Latest firmware was released yesterday. They can't be that fast.

Expanding on that a bit, it takes multiple weeks to several months to get consoles produced, shipped, and moved into stores worldwide, not to mention the time it takes to quality test firmware updates to make sure they don't break everything, so it's unlikely we'll see consoles shipping with 11.4 until this summer (i.e. June-August or so) at the very least. As far as I know, there still aren't consoles shipping with 11.3 yet even.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well not the latest firmware, i didn't realise that had just come out, but the firmware that blocks the exploits to get luma and armloadhax installed.
11.3 is hackable since yesterday (11.4 patched the exploit and that's why smea released it) and no consoles ship even with 11.3 yet.

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when following the guide from 3ds.guide, you enable a hold R to boot blah blah, when I hold R while booting its the same as a regular boot?.. The only options I know of, is select/start while turning on that makes a config come up... holding R I didn't see anything different.......

also when i launch luma config w/ select and power, i can configure it, but it says no config or something to that nature found at the top (forget exactly im not home right now). normal?

Last edited by jmhannz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Triple screen!!!