• Views 4,544,113
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I install menuhax again from browser? Or can I open the sysdowngrader directly from browserhax? Is the method really safe to be done? I'm sorry because I really worried to get some error again.

Assuming you're following Plailect's guide?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of this page and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. Browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader.

No need to install menuhax again, but you can. Although just bear in mind you will not have it after the downgrade. You don't load sysdowngrader from the browser. You load the HomeBrew Launcher, and from there you load sysdowngrader. Yes it's the way to do it, as long as you're using the latest versions of sysdowngrader from the guide.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Assuming you're following Plailect's guide?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

No need to install menuhax again, but you can. Although just bear in mind you will not have it after the downgrade. You don't load sysdowngrader from the browser. You load the HomeBrew Launcher, and from there you load sysdowngrader. Yes it's the way to do it, as long as you're using the latest versions of sysdowngrader from the guide.

Thanks! finally I can enter the menuhax again from down d-pad. The 2nd times it finally works, no error again. One question, should I install the menuhax again this time, or can I safely put my sdcard to my laptop to delete the 0000008f?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! finally I can enter the menuhax again from down d-pad. The 2nd times it finally works, no error again. One question, should I install the menuhax again this time, or can I safely put my sdcard to my laptop to delete the 0000008f?

It sounds like you only delete that folder on your SD card if you can't boot properly and/or are still getting error messages. If you're booting into 9.2.0-20U without a problem, then go to step 13. From there, install menuhax again. Then continue with Section III and then off to Part 2.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It sounds like you only delete that folder on your SD card if you can't boot properly and/or are still getting error messages. If you're booting into 9.2.0-20U without a problem, then go to step 13. From there, install menuhax again. Then continue with Section III and then off to Part 2.

Please help me! I press home button after I open the browser in CTR 2.1.0 (I'm in part 3, Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax), now my ds screen freeze. I press everything but it still freeze. Can I just reboot the 3DS? Because I'm scared about the unrecoverable brick that was said in the warning :(

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me! I press home button after I open the browser in CTR 2.1.0 (I'm in part 3, Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax), now my ds screen freeze. I press everything but it still freeze. Can I just reboot the 3DS? Because I'm scared about the unrecoverable brick that was said in the warning :(

Yes. Just power off and back on. Next time don't do that.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, sorry. By the way it always freeze when it tried to load arm11.bin from the url. I already tried 5 times, I tried to initialize save data of browser and still happened :(
Please help me and point out what is wrong or forgotten in my sd card:
b384b0f146bd47dfa73ef8f582d66594.png

The freeze screen looks like this:
c424334e600048b6b5732889ba493eed.png

This is the details of other folders:
4329a4bda64c4f49ac54eb1f219b7c7b.png

d573a536e8ad40b29a538202e0b19939.png
d3be5c92178c44f68243cb232d88f8ae.png
454573af51ed4f1b8410919583c70613.png
b1409fcc73124eb4a4080b485dc523cf.png

Last edited by mwahaha,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, a bit of back story, and then some questions:

I have a 2DS that was originally on 6.*, now running 9.2.
I bought a gateway card, and went through the entire process. Created a sysnand backup of 6.*, and 9.2.

Created emunand 9.2.

Everything was fine till it came time to try and play some games.

I hit select, READ ERROR.

I tried everything, nothing worked. Turns out, this card is bunk.

I send it back, get a replacement.

Since everything was already done, I load up the microSD, and finally get some game play in! I played 3 hours of etrian Odyssey. Turned it off, went to work, got home the next morning, slept, and woke up.

Tried to play some more. Read error. Read error. Read error.

I sent that card back. Got a new one.

That one worked for a day. Keep in mind, that I have tried with 4 different microSDs, of different sizes, two old, two brand new. These SDs work absolutely fine in everything else, from my phone, to my smart watch.

So, at this point, I have two choices, send it in a final time, for ANOTHER gateway card that might not work(since apparently my official reseller isnt testing their cards before sending them to me.), or just accept it, be out $70, buy another from a different reseller, and hope for the best.

I went with option 3.

I convinced them to send me a Supercard DStwo plus instead.

My questions:

Has anyone tested Supercards new CFW on the 2DS?

Should I wipe my current sysnand, and emunand, and start over, since they were made with gateway firmware that contains brick code for the DStwo?

How well does the DStwo plus actually run, with the GW 3.4.1 emulator?

Final question:

What all can I install to the 2DS to make this easier on me? A9loader, luma, other things I've never heard of?

Please help. Its been 3 months of back and forth with this company. I just wanna play some 3DS games.

TL;DR - Gateway didn't work out for me, moving to Supercard DStwo plus instead of being out $70. How can I make it work out this time, what all needs to be done?
Send the Gateway back and get a refund. You can play all the pirated games you want with a9lh & Luma, and it only takes around 45 minutes to set it up. No flashcarts needed! But you can still use the DSTwo for DS games. Don't use Gateway files with it (3.4.1 or earlier is OK, limited to 10.3 emuNAND on o3DS) or your console may get bricked.

Have a read of the front page then start with Part 1 (navigation on right of the page): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Last edited by Quantumcat,

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! i'm doing a9lh with the new guide on my friend's 3ds XL
i'm up to the final step after safea9lh installerbut i'm greeted with a black screen no less. Did test payload which didn't work (could be wrong)
I did use my other sd card to solve the secret sector so maybe that could be the problem????

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi! i'm doing a9lh with the new guide on my friend's 3ds XL
i'm up to the final step after safea9lh installerbut i'm greeted with a black screen no less. Did test payload which didn't work (could be wrong)
I did use my other sd card to solve the secret sector so maybe that could be the problem????
What step exactly? (Section number and step number)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
After '4.The installer will now install arm9loaderhax on your device (this is very fast)' on 'Step 3 arm9loaderlax'
What happens if you press Select. Wait a few seconds. Then press any button. Does the console turn off?
Then try booting without the SD card. If the power light flashes blue then turns off - congrats, you have a9lh installed and can proceed with the instructions.

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What happens if you press Select. Wait a few seconds. Then press any button. Does the console turn off?
Then try booting without the SD card. If the power light flashes blue then turns off - congrats, you have a9lh installed and can proceed with the instructions.
Select does nothing. SD card off is nothing either.........
Again, i used a different SD card with my stuff on it and not my friends. (mine had an otp already from a different o3ds so it could be a problem) (my friends Card is a class 4 if that helps)
or i could have the files messed up........

Last edited by GlitchyDavid,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Select does nothing. SD card off is nothing either.........
Again, i used a different SD card with my stuff on it and not my friends. (mine had an otp already from a different o3ds so it could be a problem)
When you say "SD card off is nothing" what exactly is nothing? Does it boot into 2.1? Or not boot at all?
mine had an otp already from a different o3ds
Ah... when you turn it on, does the blue light stay on? If so I'm afraid it is bricked :-(

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Biker Mice from Mars needed a Sequel, Angry Hamsters from Uranus