Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I've been having a ton of problems with LayeredFS and was wondering if someone could help me out. I've been trying to create a plugin for PuyoPuyo Tetris and haven't had any luck so far. I've made plugins in the past with little issue, but since I reformatted my VM it hasn't worked for me at all.

Here is the Error I've been running into. If anyone could help figure out why it isn't working or build the plugin for me (I can send over the exefs), it would make my day.
I suggest you make a separate thread asking the same thing.. I don't think it falls into the "noob" question category.

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I'm currently on Part 3 of Plailect's guide and I'm confused with no. 18 line.

Reboot into SysNAND and get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice (menuhax will always launch the Homebrew Launcher from SysNAND)

How do I reboot into SysNAND?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!

Basically you just reboot your console. If while powering the console on you press the trigger button that you have set for menuhax (IIRC it's D-PAD down in the guide) you'll be running the Homebrew Launcher on SysNAND, as requested.

Reactions: lilin08

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello!

Sysnand is the NAND partition that belongs to the the system, the one that was there in the first place before installing the additional emunand. So to summarize, each time you turn on the system normally, you will be inside of sysnand. Only when you access luma3ds through homebrew will you be in emunand.

Last edited by Kinqdra,

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, if not then i am sorry.

I might buy pokemon soulsilver and pearl from a seller, however i am not sure if they are legit cartridges.

Does anyone know if they are legit or not? Picture: http://imgur.com/a/COr77

Thanks in advance.

rose_wind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use Boot NTR to install CFW and it's not working. I keep getting the error message "current firmware not supported." I've tried both 3.2 Boot NTR and 3.4 preview 2 Boot NTR and I get the same error. My EmuNand firmware is at 11.0 and I have a new 3ds. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I figured it out, we're good.

Last edited by rose_wind,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I might buy pokemon soulsilver and pearl from a seller, however i am not sure if they are legit cartridges.

Thanks in advance.
No, no, we accept all questions in the Noob Paradise =D
But hell if I know.

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Thanks in advance.
They do look legit to me. I can't tell for sure but I can guarantee you that they utilized a black cartridge for heart gold/soul silver and a grey one for diamond/pearl so that matches up with the ones in the pictures provided.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They do look legit to me. I can't tell for sure but I can guarantee you that they utilized a black cartridge for heart gold/soul silver and a grey one for diamond/pearl so that matches up with the ones in the pictures provided.

Good to know!

Sadly the guy just blocked me, so i guess no deals today T_T

thank you again! :)

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!
Thank you for the response Kinqdra and Kyojin!

I'm on Part 5 of Plailect's guide and I'm stuck at Section 1, step 15 due to no space left for my emuNAND_original.bin. I have 741MB left (I only use 4GB.) =(
I attached the screencap of the contents of my SD card, please help me delete any unnecessary items from there?

uMER1ei.png

Last edited by lilin08,

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I'm on Part 5 of Plailect's guide and I'm stuck at Section 1, step 15 due to no space left for my emuNAND_original.bin. I have 741MB left (I only use 4GB.) =(
I attached the screencap of the contents of my SD card, please help me delete any unnecessary items from there?

uMER1ei.png

Copy your DCIM folder to your PC and leave it there til your all done. It's just your pics/vids. When I A9HL'd my kids' 2DS these folders took up a ridiculous amount of space (recorded spongebob episodes..)

I feel like you don't need the updates folder anymore if you are successfully on 2.1 as well.

Last edited by fireguy85,

Eradigon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
watchingyou.sleep
XP
Country
Hi guys!

uMER1ei.png
You can delete your DCIM folder (contains pictures/videos taken with your 3ds) but it won't do you much good unless you had a lot of them. Other than that there's nothing of significant size you can remove. You might have to copy stuff over to another SD card.

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Copy your DCIM folder to your PC and leave it there til your all done. It's just your pics/vids. When I A9HL'd my kids' 2DS these folders took up a ridiculous amount of space (recorded spongebob episodes..)

Thank you for the reply fireguy85.
I transferred the DCIM contents before starting. I apologize for not stating it earlier. =( I know I should have gotten a bigger sd card. XD Do deleting the update folder will help? (Although it only contains 112 something MB).

Eradigon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
watchingyou.sleep
XP
Country
I transferred the DCIM contents before starting. I apologize for not stating it earlier. =( I know I should have gotten a bigger sd card. XD Do deleting the update folder will help? (Although it only contains 112 something MB).
Did you already run PlaiSysUpdater? (Sorry, can't remember when in the guide that was) If so, yes you can delete that folder.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Both my kids' 2DS had the 4GB SD cards and I A9HL'd both of them fine. You could remove some of your legit eshop games via system settings to shrink the Nintendo 3DS folder. You can always redownload them later.

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you already run PlaiSysUpdater? (Sorry, can't remember when in the guide that was) If so, yes you can delete that folder.

Based from the Part 5, there is no indication that I need PlaiSysUpdater. Perhaps I could delete it.

Edit: Do I only need to copy and paste the content of the sd card when transferring to a new sd card?

@fireguys68: I don't have any eshop titles installed either. =(

Last edited by lilin08,

Eradigon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
watchingyou.sleep
XP
Country
Based from the Part 5, there is no indication that I need PlaiSysUpdater. Perhaps I could delete it.

Edit: Do I only need to copy and paste the content of the sd card when transferring to a new sd card?

@fireguys68: I don't have any eshop titles installed either. =(
I believe you only need to copy and paste, yes. If you don't need the plaisysupdater then it should be fine to delete the update folder. Having no eshop titles does not affect anything as the folder in which they are stored also stores important extdata so you can't delete it (or shouldn't).

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe you only need to copy and paste, yes. If you don't need the plaisysupdater then it should be fine to delete the update folder. Having no eshop titles does not affect anything as the folder in which they are stored also stores important extdata so you can't delete it (or shouldn't).

I found a spare 32GB in my drawers. Formatted it. Do I need to rename the name of the sd card? The old sd card was named emunand9.

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The name shouldn't matter.

Thank you Eradigon!

Edit: I just turn off my 3ds and went to do some chores. After getting back, the internet connections are okay.

Thank you so much to people who patiently answered my queries. Currently trying it out. I hope it works! I was able to access home launcher thru the home screen and installing the JP games that I got.

Edit 2: It's working! TT_TT After those nail-biting hours. Thank you so much for those people who helped!

Last edited by lilin08,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...