Hacking 3DS Nand Downgrade Test Questions

Kontributor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he was trying to help.....and he was correct, backup your nand with win32diskimager.......and restore your nand with win32diskimager, you shouldn't try ague with someone who is trying to help....especially if you don't know yourself

Sorry about that, i wasn't intending to be impolite and have no interest in argueing. But now that I read my post, I can see how I came across as an asshole. No hard feelings, DinohScene.

backup your nand with win32diskimager.......and restore your nand with win32diskimager

This method only works for EmuNAND, correct?

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This method only works for EmuNAND, correct?
no, if you have the hardware mod installed the 3ds nand will show up as a mmc memory card when plugged into the pc, its the same principle as emunand, but performed on the nand instead.

kinda funny that win32diskimager ended up being useful for 3 different jobs on the 3ds :D

Reactions: Kontributor

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry about that, i wasn't intending to be impolite and have no interest in argueing. But now that I read my post, I can see how I came across as an asshole. No hard feelings, DinohScene.

It's okay mate, I encountered worse ;]

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you should be more clear then, hardware mod is the only way to downgrade....if there was a nice simple nand restore app i'm sure everyone would be using it
Btw, why can't we do it with a nice simple nand restore app?

Gateway could read a nand backup and write it to the nand from within the gateway menu or from emunand with a homebrew app no?

Or after booting the 3ds prevents from writing the nand?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Btw, why can't we do it with a nice simple nand restore app?

Gateway could read a nand backup and write it to the nand from within the gateway menu or from emunand with a homebrew app no?

Or after booting the 3ds prevents from writing the nand?

there is no real point.....if your on 4.x to run gateway, why would you need to restore your nand?.....if you accidentally ran a update you couldn't run gateway so you couldn't downgrade

the only thing it would achieve is people doing dumb things like thinking "if i flash my emunand i won't need to run the exploit" or other silly things.....until there is anything useful for people that needs some sort of nand restoring there is no real reason for a feature to be made

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy