Hacking 3ds modders in UK?

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking for someone who hard mods 3ds in England (I'm from London) in order to allow me to use homebrew and dumped roms to hold all my games at one time on a sd card.

I considered sky3ds+ and near enough went ahead and bought it - but seriously all websites are either in Asia or look like they will keep my bank account details for good :blink:

Of course I am willing to pay. I am an absolute absolute noob to 3ds modding and downgrading, but I am willing to explore other options such as cfw too (if it is easy enough for a layman like me to follow)

Thanks guys

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Read through 3ds.guide - hardmodding/hardmodders would be doing esentially the same thing and using them would only be viable if you mess something up and need someone to restore your system.

Unless you really want a permanent hardmod for safety/'security'

Last edited by HyperT,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If OP feels a hardmod is nessacery for safety reassurance then so be it, no one likes to see a hardbrick, unless it's user error
There's no need to get one beforehand. He can wait to see if he stuffs it up before he gets one. The first step is making a NAND backup so a hardmod is always a future option. Nothing to gain by doing to to start with.

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't get a hardmod for CFW, you can do that without one. Follow https://3ds.guide to install CFW. Do not skip any steps and follow them carefully.
Cheers for replying. I have glanced through that site. will a cfw allow me to play dumped games through sd card? My understanding is that it can get quite tricky to do that without a hard mod?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Cheers for replying. I have glanced through that site. will a cfw allow me to play dumped games through sd card? My understanding is that it can get quite tricky to do that without a hard mod?
No, it's not tricky. It's very straight forward. There's no need to get a hardmod except to restore your system if you manage to make a mistake.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
The version of the guide prior to this one [before fasthax/safehax] if you were in 11.2 you would gave needed a hardmodder to install a9lh [the hax which loads 'cfw'] - so that may be what is coming up on your searches.

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, those are called .CIAs
Ah right I see. So like the iso version of psp. Lol that is like the only homebrew scene I am familiar with.

The version of the guide prior to this one [before fasthax/safehax] if you were in 11.2 you would gave needed a hardmodder to install a9lh [the hax which loads 'cfw'] - so that may be what is coming up on your searches.

Yes that is exactly what I am getting my ideas from. So basically fasthax is the newer way of getting cfw which can be done without buying any specific carts? (sorry for noobish questions)

So if I manage to make fasthax/safehax work... I should be able to set up luma - which would set my 3ds free? :)

Reals121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes - don't worry about what specific things to do, every single step is outlined at http://3ds.guide/get-started
Just checked out all the steps. Theres like a million of them but I'm sure if I study them up well I'll have a decent shot at it. Worst case scenario I'll brick it and get it hard modded - well that was the plan anyway!

Reactions: HyperT

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah right I see. So like the iso version of psp. Lol that is like the only homebrew scene I am familiar with.

Yes that is exactly what I am getting my ideas from. So basically fasthax is the newer way of getting cfw which can be done without buying any specific carts? (sorry for noobish questions)

So if I manage to make fasthax/safehax work... I should be able to set up luma - which would set my 3ds free? :)

Yea, from that the bit that runs cfw is a9lh. The 'installing a9lh' part is the same as always [if you disregard the brief otp-less install and forget about the messy 'manual' installs].

The parts prior to that are essentially 'Downgrading the system to 2.1' - and before fasthax/safehax was released to give you the ability to downgrade; the newest FWs needed lengthier processes [hardmod/dsiware] to eventually get the system to 2.1

Fasthax/safehax after using soundhax [or whatever] to get into HBL is non-destructive, so feel free to run through the steps upto loading decrypt9 without worrying about it. And while decrypt9 is booted make a sysnand backup and save the .bin and .bin.sha somewhere; you need it for the guide - and its vital if you need a hardmod at any point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all