3ds modders in UK?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Reals121, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Reals121
    OP

Reals121 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    I'm looking for someone who hard mods 3ds in England (I'm from London) in order to allow me to use homebrew and dumped roms to hold all my games at one time on a sd card.

I considered sky3ds+ and near enough went ahead and bought it - but seriously all websites are either in Asia or look like they will keep my bank account details for good :blink:

Of course I am willing to pay. I am an absolute absolute noob to 3ds modding and downgrading, but I am willing to explore other options such as cfw too (if it is easy enough for a layman like me to follow)

Thanks guys

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  3. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    Read through 3ds.guide - hardmodding/hardmodders would be doing esentially the same thing and using them would only be viable if you mess something up and need someone to restore your system.

Unless you really want a permanent hardmod for safety/'security'

Last edited by HyperT, Feb 5, 2017
  4. Lia

Lia is this the real life

GBAtemp Patron
    Lia is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    caught in a landslide
    Don't get a hardmod for CFW, you can do that without one. Follow https://3ds.guide to install CFW. Do not skip any steps and follow them carefully.

5. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    If OP feels a hardmod is nessacery for safety reassurance then so be it, no one likes to see a hardbrick, unless it's user error

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    There's no need to get one beforehand. He can wait to see if he stuffs it up before he gets one. The first step is making a NAND backup so a hardmod is always a future option. Nothing to gain by doing to to start with.

7. Reals121
    OP

Reals121 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Cheers for replying. I have glanced through that site. will a cfw allow me to play dumped games through sd card? My understanding is that it can get quite tricky to do that without a hard mod?

8. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Yes, those are called .CIAs

Reals121 likes this.
  9. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No, it's not tricky. It's very straight forward. There's no need to get a hardmod except to restore your system if you manage to make a mistake.

10. HyperT

Jun 4, 2016
    The version of the guide prior to this one [before fasthax/safehax] if you were in 11.2 you would gave needed a hardmodder to install a9lh [the hax which loads 'cfw'] - so that may be what is coming up on your searches.

11. Reals121
    OP

Reals121 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Ah right I see. So like the iso version of psp. Lol that is like the only homebrew scene I am familiar with.

Yes that is exactly what I am getting my ideas from. So basically fasthax is the newer way of getting cfw which can be done without buying any specific carts? (sorry for noobish questions)

So if I manage to make fasthax/safehax work... I should be able to set up luma - which would set my 3ds free? :)

12. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes - don't worry about what specific things to do, every single step is outlined at http://3ds.guide/get-started

13. Reals121
    OP

Reals121 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Just checked out all the steps. Theres like a million of them but I'm sure if I study them up well I'll have a decent shot at it. Worst case scenario I'll brick it and get it hard modded - well that was the plan anyway!

HyperT likes this.
  14. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    If you have any concerns or questions whilst going through the process feel free to post and ask, being hesitant to something you're a noob at is always scary

15. Reals121
    OP

Reals121 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah I will mate. Only passed by this forum before on my searches. You guys really have an amazingly helpful community set up here!

proflayton123 likes this.
  16. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Well, most and certainly myself strive to help those in need

17. HyperT

Jun 4, 2016

Yea, from that the bit that runs cfw is a9lh. The 'installing a9lh' part is the same as always [if you disregard the brief otp-less install and forget about the messy 'manual' installs].

The parts prior to that are essentially 'Downgrading the system to 2.1' - and before fasthax/safehax was released to give you the ability to downgrade; the newest FWs needed lengthier processes [hardmod/dsiware] to eventually get the system to 2.1

Fasthax/safehax after using soundhax [or whatever] to get into HBL is non-destructive, so feel free to run through the steps upto loading decrypt9 without worrying about it. And while decrypt9 is booted make a sysnand backup and save the .bin and .bin.sha somewhere; you need it for the guide - and its vital if you need a hardmod at any point