Homebrew [3DS] mGBA Alpha 1v Released

mGBA/CitrAGB/Reroarch gPSP, What do you like.

• Total voters

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Decided to try out a small list of games on mGBA for compatability testing. A few things to note:
  1. These games were tested while running a BIOS and with the current nightly build.
  2. This was run on an o3DS with 9.5.0-22E
  3. Expoit used to run mGBA was Themehax
  4. Frameskip was on 0.
Here is the list:

European games (E)
  • Kirby And The Amazing Mirror: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
  • Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
  • Metroid Zero Mission: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
  • Super Mario World - Super Mario Advance 2: Unplayable. The game tells you your save file is corrupt.
  • The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
  • The Lost Vikings: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound. *Could* be playable.
  • Yoshi's Island - Super Mario Advance 3: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
  • Yoshi's Universal Gravitation: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound. *Could* be playable. To my surprise, the tilt gameplay works just fine with the 3DS gyroscope.
US games (U)
  • Metroid Fusion: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
  • Pokemon Ruby: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound. *Could* be playable.
  • Pokemon Leaf Green: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound. *Could* be playable.
  • Super Mario Advance: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
  • Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros 3: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound. When the game is first booted up, it "formats" the save data. Subsequent loadings do not bring this up.
  • The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap: Works albeit with laggy framerate and sound.
Hope this helps with future updates.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,
Reactions: MannCo

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this emulator is great so far, i've tried this on my N3DS w/10.1

my only gripe is that Warioware Twisted has some nasty slow down from time to time but idk if emulating the gyroscope support is causing it though

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No it's not. I only get like 45fps in most games on n3DS. I imagine the frame rate would be even lower on o3DS.
On N3DS? Mine ran at almost full speed with 1 frameskip. Which ROM were you testing?
I tested Zelda Minish Cap using a BIOS file.

(although I was using a nightly from last month, not sure if this makes any difference)

On the O3DS, frame rate was between 30 and 45.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On N3DS? Mine ran at almost full speed with 1 frameskip. Which ROM were you testing?

(although I was using a nightly from last month, not sure if this makes any difference)
Well one game ran full speed. But barely. The frame drops were real. That was on n3DS.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country

On the O3DS, frame rate was between 30 and 45.
Full speed is 60fps, dropping to half regularly isn't full speed.
On n3ds I can get 55fps fairly consistently on Pokemon Emerald, but noticeable hangs at certain times.

Reactions: teampleb

Owen109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The new emulator is broken :O but when i open mother 3 it gets stuck on a white screen the the FPS is like 55

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That shouldn't make any difference. Try out another rom to see if mother 3 is the only problem you're having. The emulator may also have been corrupted when you downloaded or unpacked it. Try downloading again if you can't get it to play anything.

Owen109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That shouldn't make any difference. Try out another rom to see if mother 3 is the only problem you're having. The emulator may also have been corrupted when you downloaded or unpacked it. Try downloading again if you can't get it to play anything.
Ok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol