Gaming 3DS "Local Wireless" emulation question: "local" at a distance…

Kizul Emeraldfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So… As everyone here is quite aware: Pokémon Red Version, Pokémon Blue Version, and Pokémon Yellow Version/Special Pikachu Edition have been released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

This is awesome! :D …Except that I face the exact same problem with the eShop version of these games as I do with my physical copies: I have nobody local with which to trade.

So my question here is, basically: is there a way that I can create a virtual Local Wireless network that my and my non-local friends' xDS systems can connect to for trading/battling in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow? Sorta like LogMeIn Hamachi, but for Nintendo's hand-held systems instead of PCs.

I know there's something similar to that for the DS/DSi and the Wii, but does anyone know if there's anything like what I'm describing — for the 3DS family of systems?

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not possible at the moment, the protocol Nintendo uses for local network is a bit different than normal wifi packets use (aka you and your friend would probably need dedicated hardware to do this).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hands nipples pees and camel toes?