Zombie_X

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I just watched some G4TV and on X-Play they said that Nintendo was going to launch a 3DS Lite. My first thought was "WTF", The systems only been out a little over an month and they are already planning a lite version? Come on Nintendo it's way to soon for this.

What do you guys think? Way to early IMO.

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don't think anyone would rule out a 3DS redesign coming in the future, I can safely say that it wouldn't be released for (at the very least) the next year.

Generally, when it comes to rumors and speculation, it's best not to listen to G4TV. Hell, I don't trust half of their actual gaming "news."

Zombie_X

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't usually listen to G4TV either as they really don't know what they are talking about. I mean for all we know they are just spewing some BS around but you never know. I jsut know that Adam and Morgan said Nintendo announced a 3DS Lite but I have not heard of it before.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's certainly coming. Although from what we hear about Project Cafe, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow the 3DS (or 3ds lite or whatever) is going to be able to function as a controller.

Sebastian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, but, As far as i know, Nintendo currently has no short-term plans to make a Nintendo 3DS Lite,
wacko.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that if they make a revision sooner rather than later, they will simply address the problems the current model has, namely the abysmal battery life (just wait until the battery starts losing capacity), the way the framework around the bottom screen tends to damage the surface of the top screen and fix the overly loose hinge issue.

Did I miss anything?

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G4TV

copscopscopscopscops3DSLITE!?!?copscops..

Grain of salt. These hardware redesigns don't typically happen for at least 18 months, so expect a remodel by holiday-ish of 2012 I wager.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo, if I'm not wrong, has claimed that they have learnt from the DS line and decided not to come out with revamps of the portable so soon. So, even with a revamped 3DS, likely would only surface in earliest end 2012 to me.

Also, I don't think there will be a 3DS Lite... The 3DS is already small enough compared to the rest of the 'family'. A 3DS XL would be more likely I guess.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I think that if they make a revision sooner rather than later, they will simply address the problems the current model has, namely the abysmal battery life (just wait until the battery starts losing capacity), the way the framework around the bottom screen tends to damage the surface of the top screen and fix the overly loose hinge issue.

Did I miss anything?
I'm not even sure they can even fix the battery life at this point of time. Also why make a new model for a overly loose hinge when they can just tighten the old one?

@Topic I doubt it.

Z

Zorua

Wasn't it light weight already?

EDIT: Compared it with my DSLite and yeah, it is a bit more heavy.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendude92 said:
G4TV

copscopscopscopscops3DSLITE!?!?copscops..

Grain of salt. These hardware redesigns don't typically happen for at least 18 months, so expect a remodel by holiday-ish of 2012 I wager.
^YES!!^
rofl.gif

If this is in fact true though, The sales for the current 3DS must be terrible. Because I sure as hell didn't get one. I might get the revision, assuming the design blows the current one out of the water.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Nintendo say they weren't planning on making one?
But then again, I wouldn't mind them doing so due to all the defects in the current model.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
DeMoN said:
Didn't Nintendo say they weren't planning on making one?
But then again, I wouldn't mind them doing so due to all the defects in the current model.
Yes, they did. And even if they didn't, it's too early.

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don' t believe in a second edition of 3ds being named by 3ds lite or xl, all nintendo handheld had different names. BTW I believe that will be a 3ds "lite" but far end of 2012 or in the begginnig of 2013.

Kyo86sg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
RodrigoCamilo said:
I don' t believe in a second edition of 3ds being named by 3ds lite or xl, all nintendo handheld had different names. BTW I believe that will be a 3ds "lite" but far end of 2012 or in the begginnig of 2013.

How about the "3DS 3XL" with 4.2" screen and 17hrs of battery life~ and slimmer by 1cm. available in bronze and wine red...
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1