Homebrew 3DS Linking to Citra through CFW

Dude98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it ever be possible to use CFW and a reroute of some kind to link a real 3ds to a version of citra for use in multiplayer games like Monster Hunter 4? i'd love to be able to use a real 3ds with friends through citra's servers that seem to work similar to PSP's Pro adhoc from an outside look.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it ever be possible to use CFW and a reroute of some kind to link a real 3ds to a version of citra for use in multiplayer games like Monster Hunter 4? i'd love to be able to use a real 3ds with friends through citra's servers that seem to work similar to PSP's Pro adhoc from an outside look.
Nope cant

Dude98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what are the reasons it can't though? i saw in citra's forums from a long while ago that the 3ds still uses nintendos servers for local play, but they couldn't have fully locked it like that, could they?

silver_locket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump. searched around to try and find any info on how feasible it would be to create cfw to patch 3ds games to play with citra users, but so far nothing. it seems would be at least somewhat easier to patch games like mh4u that have local play instead of a whole private server like the folks over at pretendo are working on. but then again, I'm no dev, so who knows.
I'm fine with taking no for an answer, but there's got to be a better reason it hasn't been already been done. probably just a lack of interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up