Hacking 3DS Homebrew Channel!

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3dbrew is down and 3dsdev is too, though eliesher saids its a problem with the admin since he is hosting the website from his computer.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Really?

Port 80 is not responsive (not surprising since the site is down), but other ports are reported as open meaning the machine in question is responsive to more than just ping. This includes ports set for services such as POP3/IMAP, as well as SSH and even the port used for DNS... and I doubt his computer is acting as a DNS server for a TLD (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems really odd).

Now while servers running honeypots aren't uncommon, all the honeypots I've seen report way, way more open ports than this server does. This sever only reports a handful of "key" ports which are used on web servers and would not be required (and in fact might pose security risks) on home machines.

And finally from looking up the IP and such, it looks like it's being served on an IP owned by "Spacedump IT AB" (out of sweden, AB is a company-typing, like LLC or Org in the US). This appears to be a webhosting company, not a consumer ISP.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He prob just meant the irc channel, which someone prob host on their pc, no need for many ports for that(except general irc ones).

They are on efnet not their own server.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These guys look like they barely know how to use flashcarts, never the less actually HACK the system.
No, this is legitimate. This Grandmaster56 guy has done work with the Xbox scene. He certainly knows much more about hacking than you do.
Pssh, well the guy with the Pipboy avatar could have fooled me, pssh. Using a R4 on a 3DS. Anyway, if this is legit why hasn't it been covered on here before hand? Its pretty old. On top of that, he's claiming he could get it to run backups. I'm really sure that if this was 100% legit then it would have been made a HUGE deal of, look at the posts dates, they are almost a year old and are you going to tell me it wouldn't have atleast been more then one page long if it was legit? And this guy is saying he hacked into it 2 months after release? I may not know how to hack, but logical thinking will tell you this is most likely tell you its BS or patched.

Reactions: 2 people

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
These guys look like they barely know how to use flashcarts, never the less actually HACK the system.
No, this is legitimate. This Grandmaster56 guy has done work with the Xbox scene. He certainly knows much more about hacking than you do.
Pssh, well the guy with the Pipboy avatar could have fooled me, pssh. Using a R4 on a 3DS. Anyway, if this is legit why hasn't it been covered on here before hand? Its pretty old. On top of that, he's claiming he could get it to run backups. I'm really sure that if this was 100% legit then it would have been made a HUGE deal of, look at the posts dates, they are almost a year old and are you going to tell me it wouldn't have atleast been more then one page long if it was legit? And this guy is saying he hacked into it 2 months after release? I may not know how to hack, but logical thinking will tell you this is most likely tell you its BS or patched.
I'm in agreement here. I couldn't find any significant Xbox 360 scene releases made by Grandmaster56 (though, granted, I've never owned a 360 or needed to hack one). For those of you that don't know, the PS3 scene had a member called Mathieulh who knew quite a lot and contributed a little towards the hacking dongles that were released, IIRC. He also made claims about hacking the re-secured console, refusing to release his work and eventually people stopped believing him.

For only a 13-post thread, and no other information regarding it found Google, I think it was just a failed attempt at drawing new members to the forum.

Reactions: 2 people

xblackdemonx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

This post is from early 2011. How come there is nothing yet ? 1 year later...

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho

This post is from early 2011. How come there is nothing yet ? 1 year later...

The assembly code in the picture is x86. He's full of shit.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
How is a pipboy worse than a prototype avatar and... a panther ? >_< (first 2 posts)

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be because he uses a developed unit. Since its big and all cableness, its could be hack to just turn it or something for a picture. Understandable.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is a pipboy worse than a prototype avatar and... a panther ? >_< (first 2 posts)
I wasn't judging them based on their avatars, if I did I would probably be quick to say everyone who didn't have one was a noob, and anyone with hentai or eechi ones were pervs (cough Valwin cough) I started suspecting him when he said he was using a R4 on a 3DS.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be because he uses a developed unit. Since its big and all cableness, its could be hack to just turn it or something for a picture. Understandable.
I though Dev Units were just like normal sized 3DSes but they had different access to different parts of the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P