Hacking 3DS Homebrew Attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
You are really annoying BuGgErHAX... The way you behave :/ hmm, I actually think we'll see flying cows before you release this hack...

Reactions: DinohScene

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, it's kind of hard to tell the difference since you didn't use any C-specific code.
well she did.

She included stdio.h library
she used printf, without stdio the small program could've failed.

last, C++ relies on objects, she used \n to skip lines, aand returned 0;

to keep the compiler happy you must return 0 always (end of function on the processor's thread, so program terminates)

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well she did.

She included stdio.h library
she used printf, without stdio the small program could've failed.

last, C++ relies on objects, she used \n to skip lines, aand returned 0;

to keep the compiler happy you must return 0 always (end of function on the processor's thread, so program terminates)

Stdio is also a library in C++, C++ doesn't nessiarily *need* to be used in an OOP fashion, C++ recognizes \n, and it's common practice to return 0 in C++ functions as well. I'm experienced in C++ but not C and the code appeared to be something which could exist in a C++ program.

BuGgErHAX

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.buggerhax.com
XP
Country
United States
OK.
Stdio is also a library in C++, C++ doesn't nessiarily *need* to be used in an OOP fashion, C++ recognizes \n, and it's common practice to return 0 in C++ functions as well. I'm experienced in C++ but not C and the code appeared to be something which could exist in a C++ program.
But what does this have to do with the topic?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at my hack! :)
Lrx192z.jpg

Reactions: Boy12

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This has become a useless troll thread. So yes everyone, just keep feeding him with replies. None of his images prove anything. They could all have easily been simple JPG images loaded up via 3DS's built-in image viewer/video player. Photoshop isn't even needed. This just follows in the footsteps of other fake/troll hack threads where the poster posts questionable images at best and promises a release or video "soon".

Super Mario Bros running on 3DS is not proof of anything. That's a known official virtual console release. If you wanted to prove to be running unofficial software, then why not choose a more obscure NES title or even a homebrew NES title and even then it has to be a video of you going in and launching it. Don't post threads with promises to provide video later. Especially with a subject as touchy as this. Your behavior and attitude in this thread in response to other replies only serves to reinforce the likely hood of this being fake.

Only reason this thread ain't dead yet, is because the mods are asleep right now.

Reactions: henn64

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

well you're wrong

If you compile that on a C++ environment, and you don't include

Code:
extern "C" {
#include "foo.h"
}

compiler takes for granted, that printf exists on the default system library header file. C++ re-using similar (by names) functions must be summoned, as shown above, so it runs directly from the C debugger (a.k.a C mode).

except, because it's now a C++ function, debugger appends garbage string data at the end of the binary blob at compile time. So the compiler is aware that function derives from C++.

printf's way to be called on C++
Code:
std::printf("I like std::!\n")

which is NOT how she used printf.
-

reference link

http://yosefk.com/c fqa/mixing.html#fqa-32.3

TL;DR version: she used C, not C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum