Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
You're right, it's obvious.
However, as I said, it wouldn't hurt if someone who had the backuptool tried to:
1: Create a new save/game/file, and call yourself something you'd recognize (onetwoshoe)
2: Back it up, decrypt.
3: Use a hex editor to find your name, and make it much longer. make it (onetwoshoefollowyoutothefarm)
4: Encrypt, put it back.
5: If the game crashes, we're at least one step closer. If the save file is recognized as invalid, no go.
This is just hypothetically, I'm no hacker and read how to do this on a guide to finding exploits on psp saves.

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Just an idea: there's a DS firmware somewhere in the 3DS (you can see it in DS Download Play).
Maybe we could try exploiting/replacing it?
I can't try WiFiMe because I haven't got a compatible wireless card, unfortunately.
However, I guess that DS games are run using the same firmware image, so maybe we could try modifying FlashMe to work with it? I've tried launching FlashMe v8 on my 3DS, but it just gives me a "Unknown BIOS" error.

UPD: here's an app that works with DS firmware. I guess we could use it's source to get some info about the DS firmware emulated/launched on 3DS.

Jaden.

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nevermind.

Hm... Well. Nintendo made it a little better now
ohnoes.png

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
machomuu said:
pachura said:
TheNikkoMan said:
why aren't we looking for buffer overflows?
I don't know... why aren't you looking, TheNikkoMan ? What's stopping you ?
He's just implying that buffer overflows may be a good place to look, no need to be a troll.
She's probably just sick of people posting "we" etc. like they know something.
Be polite and use "they".
tongue.gif

Also, she's a douche, so it's what she does.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
pachura said:
Masterpaul said:
costume firmware
:facepalm:

I didnt mean costume firmware entirey, i ment Jailbreak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if we gonna try to make flashcards work instead of a jailbreak. Well we shouldn't be selling this to no one. There already million flashcards out there. Why should flashcard companies make extra money... for something that could be an update, to your current flashcard? Theres no need to sell it to one company, this company would then sell the flashcard for 90 dollars, marketing that it was specifically designed for the 3DS, when in essence it could be all bullshit. The price wouldn't change until the competition figure out what they done. The code should be opensource.

I still think that a jailbreak should are prioty and not flashcards, allows us to add a cydia like shop Chanel, for garage developers and not supporting officially any means of piracy. (However I suppose it would be possible for one to add a another internet source for the unofficial store, and download an application allowing 3ds piracy). Hopefully the original 3ds market would remain intact, and we would add healthy competition to the official Nintendo online store. Best part of it would all be free, except for fees for some applications/games provided by the unofficial store. It would also hopefully provide an attractive environment for garage developers. Flashcard companies will want to kill us though.

Just a matter of opinion.

THE HELL WITH IT, WE SHOULD SEND A GEOHOT A 3DS AND A NICE DONATION AND ASK HIM TO JAILBREAK IT
tongue.gif

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make an IRC Channel, Throw some devs in there(thats have the 3DS of course) , mute visitors, and let the magic begin
tongue.gif

Thats usually how I would gather devs to root an android phone.
Seems to be a good start.

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
machomuu said:
pachura said:
TheNikkoMan said:
why aren't we looking for buffer overflows?
I don't know... why aren't you looking, TheNikkoMan ? What's stopping you ?

He's just implying that buffer overflows may be a good place to look, no need to be a troll.

Also, I haven't got a backup tool. If that wasn't enough, it appears you can't restore save files. Nothing can be done until that's fixd.
QUOTE--Snip--
Just a matter of opinion.
Well, the Wii got the homebrew channel, and that went pretty well. I suppose the 3DS could get a jailbreak this time around.
I think the thing about this is that the DS didn't have any "firmware" that you could jailbreak. Well of course it had (technically) a firmware, but not in the way the Wii and the 3DS has.
tongue.gif

Also, in case you didn't understand, a costume is ??? ???????. You meant to say custom.
QUOTE( @ Apr 4 2011, 12:26 AM)
She's probably just sick of people posting "we" etc. like they know something.
Be polite and use "they".
tongue.gif

Also, she's a douche, so it's what she does.
I used the word "we" because this (if the restore save function worked, which I thought at the time I wrote it) is something everyone with the backup tool could do. I couldn't have used "they", because I wasn't referring to a specific group of people. I could have used "you" though, as I don't have the backup tool myself.

Grammar Nazi much

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Keva said:
popoffka said:
Been able to dump the DS firmware from my 3DS using this.
Have to go now, but will investigate it later.

wait...what?
There's a DS firmware built in a 3DS (you can see it by going to Download play -> DS Download play). I've been able to dump it using my EZVi and a special homebrew app.
However, I haven't had time to look at it yet unfortunately.

Jaden.

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Have been thinking, some people knows about Crediar tool to dump saves, right? That it uses WLAN functions, right? Well. dont know if this is possible, but what about sending faked data (Like, making the 3DS think of having a new Update) to the 3DS in the same way as the tool?

If need more explain, ill do it. >D

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaden. said:
Have been thinking, some people knows about Crediar tool to dump saves, right? That it uses WLAN functions, right? Well. dont know if this is possible, but what about sending faked data (Like, making the 3DS think of having a new Update) to the 3DS in the same way as the tool?

If need more explain, ill do it. >D

I think you are confused on how that works... either that or I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...