nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
4 things. 1st: Get your history right, I was 10, not 8.
I was simply using maths to estimate your age. The DS was released 2004.
2011 - 2004 = 7.
15 - 7 = 8.
So you were either 8 or 9 (but not 10). It's just an estimation.

2: I didn't know that the r4 team was shut down at the time, because i had only just joined the flashcart scene. I was brought up to speed quickly though and now I'm almost up-to-date with the news thanks to this site.
You know recent history, but you don't know how cumbersome the first method of piracy was like when it was released on the market. The R4 was not the first team to offer a method of piracy, they were just arguably the first to offer an affordable and easy to use method.

3:What do you mean by affordable in piracy? there's almost no money involved!
If the cheapest 3DS flashcart was $200 (or any other large amount of money), would you buy it? Most people might say yes because you're not paying for a single game and that's okay. But there are others that wouldn't because they would never have spent that much money on retail games in the first place. There are a variety of different pirates out there, and I'm trying to cover as many of them as I can. Besides, $200 is a lot to spend on a product that may or may not become useless due to a simple update.

4: I have my offline sources around the place, they are in the know quicker than me and have more experience, thus knowledge and as such are reliable sources for the basis of my arguments.
This is a pretty vague point. What knowledge? What experience?

My final point is: the DS mode has been hacked, and as such, the flashcart teams out there are doing their best to crack 3DS mode to play the games. Whether the flashcart is released by the end of the year is a different matter, but if it is cracked to play 3DS games, then we may not know about it until they wish to release the news.
This has nothing to do with what I said. All you're saying is that hackers are going to make their work public when they feel like it. I don't see how that's relevant at all. You've never hacked a console in your life, how can you guarantee that someone will hack the 3DS by the end of the year. Not saying it won't be hacked, although I do doubt it, but how can you blindly guarantee something you have no experience in.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
My final point is: the DS mode has been hacked
No, it has not been hacked. 3DS provides (near) perfect DS emulation and that's why DS flashcarts work WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION. It doesn't make a starting point for hackers in any way. No one even fucking knows what CPU is there inside.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pachura said:
leeday100196 said:
No, it has not been hacked. 3DS provides (near) perfect DS emulation and that's why DS flashcarts work WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION. It doesn't make a starting point for hackers in any way. No one even fucking knows what CPU is there inside.

We know it's one of the Arm processors but I'm hoping it's Cortex...A9
rofl.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OKAY OKAY nutella I owe you an apology once again i am underestimating your knowledge. Like you said, I'm only 15 and I shouldn't try to make out I know more than I actually do. I'm just argumentative.

pachura said:
leeday100196 said:
Sorry I meant exploited. We can play DS ROMs and Homebrew on it, but you're right, we don't have the knowledge of what processor it has (although i thought we did, wasn't it mentioned in the disassembly thread?) but we're hoping that whichever hacking team we follow, they crack it quickly, but not too quickly from what i've read around Temp. They don't want to scare development teams away (did i get that right nutella?)

PS: I eat you every morning on my toast. You give me knowledge through that. Just not enough. Maybe you need to be recreated with a different formula...

leeday100196

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay new subtopic: ASSUMING that they crack 3DS mode to play pirated games, and lets say those 3DS files are actually 2GB in size, if you had one choice of game to pirate onto the flashcart, what would it be? just interested to see what you guys come out with...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Silly 15 year olds shouldn't double post.
They should also bring up "new" topics in new threads in the proper section.

Edit: New in quotes because it's actually a 6 month old question.

leeday100196

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nollog said:

OK fine then, get someone to move this thread to the right place. I don't know how to.

Secondly, it's a subtopic of this one. What's the point of creating an entirely new topic if it's a subtopic?

Still, you could've had the decency to at least answer my question in your response.

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
leeday100196 said:
Nollog said:

OK fine then, get someone to move this thread to the right place. I don't know how to.

Secondly, it's a subtopic of this one. What's the point of creating an entirely new topic if it's a subtopic?

Still, you could've had the decency to at least answer my question in your response.
Calm down bros, this is a place of friendship.

leeday100196

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SmokeFox said:
leeday100196 said:
Nollog said:

Calm down bros, this is a place of friendship.
Yeah, still, your verdict? The game you would pirate?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
we're hoping that whichever hacking team we follow, they crack it quickly, but not too quickly from what i've read around Temp. They don't want to scare development teams away (did i get that right nutella?)
I've seen a lot of people with this perspective and to a point, I guess it's fair. Personally, as you know, I don't think it really matters since piracy on the 3DS will not be happening in mass numbers any time soon anyway. People see that the DS hasn't had a good game in years and blame it on piracy, whereas I simply see it as the DS showing it's age. It's hard for either person to prove their case fully.

QUOTE(leeday100196 @ Mar 5 2011, 10:48 AM) PS: I eat you every morning on my toast. You give me knowledge through that. Just not enough. Maybe you need to be recreated with a different formula...
I also eat me on toast. Cannibalism FTW!!

leeday100196

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nutella said:
leeday100196 said:
we're hoping that whichever hacking team we follow, they crack it quickly, but not too quickly from what i've read around Temp. They don't want to scare development teams away (did i get that right nutella?)
I've seen a lot of people with this perspective and to a point, I guess it's fair. Personally, as you know, I don't think it really matters since piracy on the 3DS will not be happening in mass numbers any time soon anyway. People see that the DS hasn't had a good game in years and blame it on piracy, whereas I simply see it as the DS showing it's age. It's hard for either person to prove their case fully.
Well it's good that we got that matter settled. People haven't had a good game on DS in years because, in my opinion, the DS has slowed down in sales (and game quality has dropped dramatically to noob games) since the iPod Touch/iPhone came out and those apps like Angry Birds have sold like hotcakes. According to Wikipedia though, at the end of 2010, it was still the highest-selling handheld console. What they missed out there is that the iPod Touch isn't classified in that sector, so it's not really comparable to anything except PSP. My guess is that the iPod Touch alone would be outselling the DS series, but I haven't bothered to research that.

On another note, what game would you pirate?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of person actually has to choose? Just pirate all 3.

You don't know how to move threads because YOU can't, you can report your own post or another one near it and state that the question should be moved to another thread, although that's what the person who told you should have done realistically. Next time make a new thread instead of derailing a current one, or at least that's what's standard on almost every forum on the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I dread the price point.