3DS hacking,almost there.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zelduck, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2012

3DS hacking,almost there. by Zelduck at 4:55 PM (7,748 Views / 0 Likes) 32 replies

1. Zelduck
    OP

Newcomer Zelduck Member

United States
    (Before you read this,note that this is a joke.)

I'm half-way there. I thought I might understand enough HTML/Binary code and what-not to hack,but I'm still iffy with all of that,and I'm learning about all of it through the summer. Anyways,back on topic,I've got the Files down and what-not,but it's the start menus that I'm stuck on. Okay,so I can get the files themselves (I used Pyramids Demo for testing),but just putting them on the SD card won't put them on the 3DS,being as they're not encrypted. BUT,they will load if you have previously downloaded the game and have the Icon/start menu on your 3DS. (E.G: I copied the Pyramids Demo file to my desktop,deleted it from the SD card,and put it back in my 3DS. The icon was still there,but if you clicked it,it said,"Error. Please re-download this file from the Nintendo eShop.",So I put my SD card back in the desktop,put the file in the TITLES folder,and tried again,And it worked as if nothing ever happened.) So,say we had a .NDS file that could download these icons through a FlashKart or something,sort of like the Wii WAD Manager. This isn't a theory or an idea,so don't tell me to "Read the stickies,please.",because I'm just stating that I need a bit help learning about the Icons/start menus and how I could possibly install them to my SD card.

2. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    "I'm half-way there. I thought I might understand enough HTML/Binary code and what-not to hack,but I'm still iffy with all of that,and I'm learning about all of it through the summer."

I think it'll take more than that to crack the 3DS and use proper punctuation/grammar, I got a headache reading that mass of text. And yeah you sure as hell should read the sticky and get straight to the point.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Nope. DS games run in DS mode and have no access to 3DS software.

4. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I rarely facepalm but I literally facepalmed my head off, it flew between a goalpost and landed in a plate of spaghetti.

5 people like this.
  5. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Congratulations sir, you have managed to make the 500th topic that leads to positively nothing further in 3ds hacking. You get a bonus prize for being the 600th member that doesn't know how to punctuate...

1 person likes this.
  6. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    What is this? I don't even...

7. _V1qY

Member _V1qY GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Lol. HTML is for websites, not 3DS hacking. You are less than 0.0001% hacking the 3DS. Copying some files which are already encrypted for your system off and back on the SD Card.

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    One: There is a topic for this
    Two: I believe you to be far off.

9. Zelduck
    OP

Newcomer Zelduck Member

United States
    *Sigh* Here we go again...Listen,if it won't work,or if I have nobody on my side,I pray to God now that a moderator would come,say it won't work,and close the piece o' crap. That,or I'd like to get a gun and shoot myself in the head for being a dumbfuck...

10. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    If only it was that simple Zelduck...

The 3DS requires applications to be signed, any modification of the application or its header will cause it to lose it signedness, thus the 3DS will refuse to boot it.

What hackers are doing right now are looking for exploits in the system that will allow them to either fool the system into thinking the signature is correct or alternatively using an exploitable application as a sort of a bootloader that will load code normally without checking for signatures.

11. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States

No, a moderator is likely to close this because this has been covered by the stickies if you actually read them. Go back, read them, and share your findings. There, people will let you know exactly how far off you are.

I also think you're being a little dramatic about the whole thing.

1 person likes this.
  12. Sicklyboy

United States
    Why does it take a moderator to say it won't work when every other member here has said it so far?

You're not hacking anything. The ticket, which is encrypted and signed to your 3DS, is installed to your NAND when you download a game. There is no way to add a spoofed ticket right now because we haven't decrypted them and we haven't hacked the 3DS. The files are also signed to your 3DS inside the TITLE folder, and when they're not there the game won't load. Go rename C:\Windows\system32 to C:\Windows system32test and watch windows refuse to load. Now re-name it back to system 32 (via a recovery cd or Linux LiveCD) and watch it load again.

Not to mention that like I said, NDS files have no access to anything that was not on a NDS system. The original NDS (and DS Lite) had no SD slot.

It's not happening. And HTML has nothing to do with hacking.

13. Zelduck
    OP

Newcomer Zelduck Member

United States
    Thanks. I needed something like this. And so you know,the urge to press shift while I'm typing comes oftenly,but I'll try my best to correct my horrible punctuation,sorry.

14. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    You would kill yourself over a thread on a forum from a bunch of people sitting at their computers trying to tell you something won't work? [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Sicklyboy

United States
    Bro. Internet is serious business.

1 person likes this.
  16. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Dude, there is no point threatening suicide over comments on the internet.
    Honestly I really suggest you seek serious help if you would let this one thread get to you.

18. Zelduck
    OP

Newcomer Zelduck Member

United States
  19. mocalacace

Member mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I loled too

20. Zelduck
    OP

Newcomer Zelduck Member

United States
    Wow,I seriously didn't think that little post would cause such a fuss. It was meant as sarcasm,saying I wish I hadn't have been so stupid,but okay,whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.