Not open for further replies.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Before you read this,note that this is a joke.)

I'm half-way there. I thought I might understand enough HTML/Binary code and what-not to hack,but I'm still iffy with all of that,and I'm learning about all of it through the summer. Anyways,back on topic,I've got the Files down and what-not,but it's the start menus that I'm stuck on. Okay,so I can get the files themselves (I used Pyramids Demo for testing),but just putting them on the SD card won't put them on the 3DS,being as they're not encrypted. BUT,they will load if you have previously downloaded the game and have the Icon/start menu on your 3DS. (E.G: I copied the Pyramids Demo file to my desktop,deleted it from the SD card,and put it back in my 3DS. The icon was still there,but if you clicked it,it said,"Error. Please re-download this file from the Nintendo eShop.",So I put my SD card back in the desktop,put the file in the TITLES folder,and tried again,And it worked as if nothing ever happened.) So,say we had a .NDS file that could download these icons through a FlashKart or something,sort of like the Wii WAD Manager. This isn't a theory or an idea,so don't tell me to "Read the stickies,please.",because I'm just stating that I need a bit help learning about the Icons/start menus and how I could possibly install them to my SD card.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"I'm half-way there. I thought I might understand enough HTML/Binary code and what-not to hack,but I'm still iffy with all of that,and I'm learning about all of it through the summer."

I think it'll take more than that to crack the 3DS and use proper punctuation/grammar, I got a headache reading that mass of text. And yeah you sure as hell should read the sticky and get straight to the point.

Reactions: 1 person

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations sir, you have managed to make the 500th topic that leads to positively nothing further in 3ds hacking. You get a bonus prize for being the 600th member that doesn't know how to punctuate...

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol. HTML is for websites, not 3DS hacking. You are less than 0.0001% hacking the 3DS. Copying some files which are already encrypted for your system off and back on the SD Card.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* Here we go again...Listen,if it won't work,or if I have nobody on my side,I pray to God now that a moderator would come,say it won't work,and close the piece o' crap. That,or I'd like to get a gun and shoot myself in the head for being a dumbfuck...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If only it was that simple Zelduck...

The 3DS requires applications to be signed, any modification of the application or its header will cause it to lose it signedness, thus the 3DS will refuse to boot it.

What hackers are doing right now are looking for exploits in the system that will allow them to either fool the system into thinking the signature is correct or alternatively using an exploitable application as a sort of a bootloader that will load code normally without checking for signatures.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
*Sigh* Here we go again...Listen,if it won't work,or if I have nobody on my side,I pray to God now that a moderator would come,say it won't work,and close the piece o' crap. That,or I'd like to get a gun and shoot myself in the head for being a dumbfuck...

No, a moderator is likely to close this because this has been covered by the stickies if you actually read them. Go back, read them, and share your findings. There, people will let you know exactly how far off you are.

I also think you're being a little dramatic about the whole thing.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it take a moderator to say it won't work when every other member here has said it so far?

You're not hacking anything. The ticket, which is encrypted and signed to your 3DS, is installed to your NAND when you download a game. There is no way to add a spoofed ticket right now because we haven't decrypted them and we haven't hacked the 3DS. The files are also signed to your 3DS inside the TITLE folder, and when they're not there the game won't load. Go rename C:\Windows\system32 to C:\Windows system32test and watch windows refuse to load. Now re-name it back to system 32 (via a recovery cd or Linux LiveCD) and watch it load again.

Not to mention that like I said, NDS files have no access to anything that was not on a NDS system. The original NDS (and DS Lite) had no SD slot.

It's not happening. And HTML has nothing to do with hacking.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations sir, you have managed to make the 500th topic that leads to positively nothing further in 3ds hacking. You get a bonus prize for being the 600th member that doesn't know how to punctuate...

Thanks. I needed something like this. And so you know,the urge to press shift while I'm typing comes oftenly,but I'll try my best to correct my horrible punctuation,sorry.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would kill yourself over a thread on a forum from a bunch of people sitting at their computers trying to tell you something won't work?
funny-pictures-therapy-cat.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would kill yourself over a thread on a forum from a bunch of people sitting at their computers trying to tell you something won't work?

Bro. Internet is serious business.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bro. Internet is serious business.
internet_serious_business_lolcat_funny_tshirt_card-p137733301525899270qi0i_400.jpg

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dude, there is no point threatening suicide over comments on the internet.
Honestly I really suggest you seek serious help if you would let this one thread get to you.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm half-way there. I thought I might understand enough HTML/Binary code and what-not to hack,but I'm still iffy with all of that,and I'm learning about all of it through the summer. Anyways,back on topic,I've got the Files down and what-not,but it's the start menus that I'm stuck on. Okay,so I can get the files themselves (I used Pyramids Demo for testing),but just putting them on the SD card won't put them on the 3DS,being as they're not encrypted. BUT,they will load if you have previously downloaded the game and have the Icon/start menu on your 3DS. (E.G: I copied the Pyramids Demo file to my desktop,deleted it from the SD card,and put it back in my 3DS. The icon was still there,but if you clicked it,it said,"Error. Please re-download this file from the Nintendo eShop.",So I put my SD card back in the desktop,put the file in the TITLES folder,and tried again,And it worked as if nothing ever happened.) So,say we had a .NDS file that could download these icons through a FlashKart or something,sort of like the Wii WAD Manager. This isn't a theory or an idea,so don't tell me to "Read the stickies,please.",because I'm just stating that I need a bit help learning about the Icons/start menus and how I could possibly install them to my SD card.
"I'm half-way there. I thought I might understand enough HTML/Binary code and what-not to hack,but I'm still iffy with all of that,and I'm learning about all of it through the summer."

I think it'll take more than that to crack the 3DS and use proper punctuation/grammar I got a headache reading that mass of text. And yeah you sure as hell should read the sticky and get straight to the point.

I loled too

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny-pictures-therapy-cat.jpg
Dude, there is no point threatening suicide over comments on the internet.
Honestly I really suggest you seek serious help if you would let this one thread get to you.

Wow,I seriously didn't think that little post would cause such a fuss. It was meant as sarcasm,saying I wish I hadn't have been so stupid,but okay,whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: