Kunokai

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Probably they will release the exploit next year
Ugh those new year jokes so annoying
All of my facebook is filled with these:
"HEHiehIEHIEHIHEIeeehehehi i wont eat food UNTIL NEXT YEAR hahahhalaoxlpaolololmafoooooorofllllllll :DDDDDDDDDDD XDXD"
-_-

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh those new year jokes so annoying
All of my facebook is filled with these:
"HEHiehIEHIEHIHEIeeehehehi i wont eat food UNTIL NEXT YEAR hahahhalaoxlpaolololmafoooooorofllllllll :DDDDDDDDDDD XDXD"
-_-
I don't think they were making a New Years joke, but I think I know where you are coming from.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we have heard that the initial exploit was easily patchable. I still think we wont see anything on our end for quite a while. At least they are using this exploit to actually learn about the guts of the 3DS and probably looking for a better exploit. Knowing that a application can be run without the home menu in the background, more powerful emulators taking advantage of a lot of the hardware may be possible.

Reactions: RukaRoaw

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry if i offended someone, but i will not argue about piracy. I like video games, not companies. I pay for the games when i can, when i can't, i download it.

the idea of having nes and snes emulators with layers on different positions is awesome! the e-shop have some games like excite bike, for example.

GilBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.anidragon.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Neimod's Twitter(Propably mentioned or posted before but nvm)
https://twitter.com/neimod

Dont know if its the true twitter of him and not a kid trolling but assuming he said something is coming at 27/12/12 to ozmodchips and 2 days later he got Kernel Access i can say its true :)

neimod said this yesterday:

[23:54] <@neimod> lol
[23:54] <@neimod> it appears I have a twitter account
[23:54] <@neimod> did not know that

Reactions: chyyran

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a idea for the people at nintendo and the cry babies about piracy. Nintendo should create their own NES, GBA, SNES, N64 emulators or virtual consoles etc..... Bring back all the retro games and charge a 1$ for each game. Assigin a hash based on the MAC address to each download. Then no one loses, the cost of retro games cost nothing because they are already stored on some database. Believe it or not, most people don't care about that homebrew bullshit. Homebrew is the gateway for piracy if you guys really want to get technical. And yes, its somewhat off topic, but it also has merits pertaining to piracy and reverse engineering which is what this topic is initially about.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but neimod will not release anything until he have tested enough. (same case for FailOverflow)
Also neimod is working in the communication link between the arm11s and arm9 via memory.
Whoa, that's excellent news. I believe the 3DS has a lot of potential to be one heck of a homebrew haven. Games I don't care so much about, emulation and media playback are the two aspects I look forward to the most. Okay, then there's region locking that needs to be gotten rid of, but I digress.

GilBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.anidragon.net
XP
Country
Mexico
but is it possible to get rid of the region lock?

Yes, the sky is the limit.

but do not expect a CFW with this function from neimod. A possible CFW without region lock, media playback, emulators... should be made by other "hackers".

Is xcution on the same team as neimod?

Xcution, neimod, Yellows8, Crediar... are members of 3dbrew.org and #3dsdev, so they can share a few their progress.

shockproof101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but releasing the hack would not hinder their progress in any way since they can always opt to keep their hardware at the firmware revision that is exploitable. The reasons why they would opt to not release their exploit would probably be to test the stability and safety of said exploit, and also to maybe find a way to limit what can be done with the exploit. They already have kernel access at this firmware revision, so they can learn a lot about how the system operates regardless of patches. Everyone sit tight, and you'll probably see the exploit in the next coming months.

Reactions: rondoh70
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: